1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you hug your Dolls when you are upset/lonely?

Nov 1, 2010

1. Hehe, well, I only have MSDs which are too small to hug... But I've handled SDs at meets and stuff and they're very fun to hold and hug.

2. Sometimes when I'm upset and at home I'll go to my room and sit or lay with my doll for abit. Just hold them and play around with their hands or something since it destresses me. I love my animals but they dont always want to sit still or the cat feels the need to lovingly grab me with this claws and drool all over me. They can also be really noisy and irritating - I hate noise in general but when I'm upset in particular. I still cuddle them but sometimes the dolls work better.
      I won't carry my dolls around though, not outside my house anyway. Most days they just stay in the room but may come down when I make a cup of tea and that's it. I have pictures of them on my phone but for when I'm stressed say on the bus? Ipod and Blackberry messenger to rant/connect.

3. I don't find my dolls particularly cuddly - I leave a plushie for the comforting.
      My dolls do help me out of artistic slumps though.

4. When I'm particularity distress I'll hug and cuddle my little boy. If it was an especially stressful day he(and sometimes his gf) shares the bed with me too.

5. I just got mine and I hug him all the time.
      I think I would hug him when I'm upset or lonely. I've kept him by me.
      When I'm home, I know I'm not really alone cause he'll watch t.v. with me and such.
      I'll cuddle him when I'm laying down and we're watching t.v. together.

6. I find that it comforts me when I hold my doll but I do hold her gently.

7. Yes. In fact, when I'm a little stressy at work I just write their names on scratch paper and that works too.

There was an episode of Psych where Gus and Shawn were interviewing nannies. One nanny was disqualified for writing some words over and over in her notebook, which looked a little crazy to the boys.

And my family pointed to me and laughed.

8. I would hug my dolls ^.^ they are cute and so neat.. Tho i can imagine it being a bit different than hugging my stuffed animals o.o.

9. Wel.. I don't hug my dolls when I lonely or feel bad.
      I don't know why I don't do that even I really love my dolls..

10. Nope, not at all. I am not a very physical, tactile person so I rarely hug anyone or anything for comfort, and if I do, it's going to be my blankie that I have had since infancy, not one of my dolls, who are all heavy, cold, pointy, expensive, and not meant to be cuddled.

11. Even though I am a new BJD owner I can already say that even just LOOKING at the pictures I feel a bit of reassurance and happiness. I am still saving for my first doll. I can already say I will have a really deep relationship with her. There are just days I just want to have someone sitting in my lap. Good thread btw ^_^

12. Have to agree with MitsukiAdored that just looking at my dolls/ sitting them near me and changing their clothes, wigs, etc. gets me in a better mood. :) Not that I'd never hug them, but they're not soft at all and some have pointy elf ears or long nails that can be stabby. ^^;;

13. I hug my knees. Or my pillow. Not my dolls; honestly, I don't usually think about them when I'm upset. They're a nice hobby, but I don't really think about them the way a lot of people on the forum here tend to. They're pretty collectibles in my eyes: dolls, not characters or children. I don't have a very strong emotional connection to them.

Besides. They're not soft and snuggly. They are, to quote Kim, "heavy, cold, pointy, expensive, and not meant to be cuddled."

14. Just looking at her makes me so happy! I prefer to brush doll's wing or change clothes than carry all the time, but... Yeah, there is nothing like hugging your doll. :aheartbea

15. My dolls aren't terribly cuddly (except maybe for my vinyl girl ;)), so rather than hug them, I find it comforting to just pick them up and pose them or fuss over their wigs for a few minutes. I don't know why, but it's very soothing to do that. In fact I kind of want to play with Marivit, my Celine, some more. Haven't felt well lately. D; <3

16. I tucked my little Soso into my purse and took her with me for my BIL's visitation and funeral. I didn't take her out or even tell hubby she was there but it made me feel better knowing she was with me.

17. I like hugging ang patting them, regardless if I'm upset or not :wiggle

Though I support plushies for crying and such...

18. Usually when I'm feeling sad or whatever, I hold my dog, he always makes me feel better! But on occasion, I have held one of my dolls when I'm watching a movie and feeling kind of alone, and it does make me feel better ^-^

19. I have a ritual that I do ever since getting into this hobby 5 years ago, everytime a new doll arrives I shake its hand and introduce myself. I have never hugged one though, to small and thin, LOL.

20. I don't know how long this is going to go on for, I've only had Masato for two and a half weeks (....really?...it seems like he's been here forever...) but I do love to have him with me whenever I'm home. I've taken him to work (he stays in the staff cupboard in his bag with his pillow and a towel carefully wrapped around his hands *just in case*, and I've taken him to the store, and I've taken him to the coffee shop for write-ins (yay NaNoWriMo). Lately life has really been stressing me out and being able to come home to him and touch him and hold him or have him stand next to my laptop for however long I'm there, and to touch his wig and his hands...just having him there calms me right down and makes me feel relaxed and comfortable. Just knowing he's with me at the store makes my day instantly brighter.

I just love having him around. All the time. I don't necessarily cuddle him because he's hard and not squishy, but I do like to be in physical contact with him.