1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you hug your Dolls when you are upset/lonely?

Nov 1, 2010

1. How could you not hug your dolly at some point or another? They're just so cute~! :3

2. Pekoe and Phoenix are both a bit too small to hug, so I'm content just holding their little hands between my fingers. And Shen gets heavy after a while...

But Flandre is home and oh so huggable! I like to squeeze him against my chest. He actually arrived when I was going through a small rough patch in my relationship with my dad. It makes me feel better to come home from school and hug him instead of thinking about real life. :)

3. I hug my doll all the time. >A> I dunno why it has such a calming effect on me, but I always feel better knowing that my Luka's around. <3

4. They may not be squishy to the touch, but I swear those Iplehouse EID guys are cuddly. :kitty2: They don't have all those skinny pointy limbs, like a standard-shaped BJD type-- they're all thick rounded contours, and the heavy soothing weight is so much fun to hold on the lap. And if you dress him in a soft sweater, he sorta turns into a very firm musclebound teddybear.

On t'other hand, *I* am pointy and expensive and not meant to be cuddled. There is probably a connection here.

5. Yeeesss... I hug him all the time. If it's been a long day, even if I'm not upset I hug him X3
      He's just so comforting i love him so much XD I don't know why, I know it's an inanimate object but it's just a comforting thing to have around :sweat (I'd be embarrassed to admit this anywhere else... herp) XD <3

EDIT: I don't huuuugg my doll to death, I know what Kim said that they are 'heavy, cold, pointy, expensive, and not meant to be cuddled."
      I just kinda pick him up and give him a little squeeze. I'm very careful XD but I also agree with JennyNemesis, the big boys are fun to have in your lap and hug when they're wearing cuddly clothes. Giant baby hoodies FTW XD

6. Oh yeah when I lonely and dissapoined I hug them I feel very happy, I can tell everything!

7. My dollie hasn't arrived yet but i would hug her, not too hard or shes squished to death! :(
      But i will love my BJD as always, my first one is going to be like my cute little girl. :D

8. Yes i do. its just really comforting ^_^

9. mmm... I don't usually hug them because they're so small... I'll squeeze their shoulders real tight and that'll make me feel better :)

10. Yes whenever the world turns CRAPTASTIC on me, I find that even holding their case (with them in it) makes the world look a bit less like a porcupine and more like a sea anemone. They seem to have the ability to put back into perspective the reasons I go into the world everyday to work and fight Tammany Hall.

- ShadowHawke & MasterJinn -

11. Occasionally I've found myself hugging my dolls a tad. Not hard of course, just holding them close around the shoulders. It helps me destress a bit when things have been really frustrating.

12. no hug at all! when upset i punch the wall.

13. I certainly do. I don't think it's weird or anything. He makes me feel better in ways that can't be explained, really. He makes me smile. Though, earlier I was depressed and was a little distant from him due to, and I'm sure it seems stupid, the fact that I can't seem to find him an outfit that would fit him and finding someone to make it is getting frustrating, too. So, I kind of stayed away from him for a little bit. But, I'm feeling a little better now after hanging out here and he's back in my lap. :)

14. I cuddle my doll when I'm scared- he's been a great comfort with my fear of storms ^^; I'll go someplace away from the thunder, and cradle him or hug him until I feel comfortable. I also find playing with his hands and smoothing his wig makes me relax. I like to cuddle them and I don't mind if other people hug them either.

15. When I'm at home, I tend to talk to them more than hug them. My brood make great sounding boards. No talking back!

If I happen to have one at work, I often hug them when I get overly stressed or just need a 'down' moment.

16. Nope, I like to hug my parents and brother when I upset.

17. Nah, not when I'm upset. I rarely ever do anything with them when I'm in a bad mood anyways.
      But I grab Saigon randomly from time to time and cuddle with him when I watch TV.

18. I do when I'm really excited about making them something awesome. My mom hugged my boy when I brought him into the hospital during a long stay she had a few years ago too, seeing her smile like that made my day ^_^

19. Well, I tend to hug more cuddly things like my numerous dog plushies but I do talk to my girls about my troubles sometimes.

20. All the time. It make me feel better