1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you hug your Dolls when you are upset/lonely?

Nov 1, 2010

1. I do... kind of a lot, actually. My minis are just the right side to cuddle with, and Remus (my 65cm boy) is a great size to just hug and hold on to -- he's very solid and supportive-feeling. :3

2. I think that I hug Eseult every day... Because He's juste so lovely ! I can't resist !

3. I probably wouldn't because I'm more likely to just go on my computer and watch a movie to lighten the mood :3 or maybe do dress up for the doll(s) or perhaps take pictures of them....Or make dresses to forget about what made me so upset etc...

4. Actually, I do. I think, just like my stuffed bear, dolls are also my silent friends. :aheartbea

5. Definitly. They are so comforting. :]

6. Only one. My Deiuco. When I'm really upset and just dont want to see anyone I'll hug him. Or if I'm sick and not feeling well. =]

7. You bet, of course I don't have to be feeling down to hug and snuggle my boys! lol

8. If im upset...i tend to steer away from anything fragile or breakable. Im not a very nice upset person. I cuddle or chill with them when im in a better mood, but i would not be good company for them if im in a bitter state. Now cheesecake would definately cheer me up if i needed it. =D

9. I do not really hug them, I would take a look at them and I would feel better. I think they are somehow my treatment now.

10. I don't hug my dolls when I'm upset, but I do tend to hold them when I'm sitting around doing things in the house. I have mostly 60-70CM dolls, so they're a little hard to 'cuddle' with, especially since most of them are heavily painted and modified. The most common thing for me to do is to sit with one of them on my lap while I watch a movie on TV. I find them to be more like lap pets than cuddle bunnies.

11. Soji's sitting on my lap right now ^^ It's fun to cuddle with him and he's lightening up my mood a lot. Most of the time he's in his cupboard (his bed) and I don't see him, but if he's not around for some reason for more than some days I feel uncomfortable ... and if I see him again I just have to cuddle him *_* He's just too lovely ... especially with his new wig right now ^^

12. I do hold my boy when I am upset.. I find him to be comforting. ^_^

13. I like to sit them down beside me or on my lap for normal things, like writing or drawing or watching a movie. When I'm upset, I do like to hug them- it's nice to have a physical reminder of a fantasy in my head that always works out the way I want it to, even if real life doesn't. :)

14. I have cuddled a doll when I'm upset.

15. On the contrary, when I'm upset or lonely I don't even want to see them because they just remind me how lonely I am if I'm there hugging a piece of resin with no life.

16. I don't hug them because I would be even more sad if I broke them :(

17. I do. My dolls are my security blanket. I feel better cuddling them and knowing they can't fight me or judge me.

18. When I'm stressed I change outfits and comb hair! It is a wonderful way to empty the brain.

19. When I'm sad, lonely, happy, excited, worried... I usually have one of my dolls in my hands. My parents say i look like a little kid carrying her dolly around all the time! I guess, they're really comforting, I don't know why~ :lol:

20. I don't hug mine...yet :lol: but I want to, I don't simply cause I'm a bit scared my parents will walk in on me and think I'm silly :doh
      But instead I have him sitting on my legs or something and just kinda, fix he's hair and such :)