1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you include your floating heads in your doll count?

Jan 6, 2012

1. I only count the heads in if I intend to get them a body soon. I guess for me also they have to represent a character before I see them as a (soon to be complete )doll.

2. I don't have any but I wouldn't call them dolls either...
      :P

3. I count my heads as dolls because I have plans to get them bodies as soon as I am able.

4. I don't count 'em until they have a body. And once they get said body, I fight tooth and nail to keep 'em on it since I have a habit of amassing floating heads of sculpts I just "had to have" but couldn't afford in full at the time. I try not to let myself see them as fully formed characters until I put them on a body, it makes things easier if I need to sell one suddenly or simply clean house.

5. I include mine in my count. 1. It's easier for me. 2. They already have characters, face-ups, wigs, and eyes, so they're not just hunks of resin lying about.
      Now, I don't include extra heads/faceplates that are the same character (like my Dollshe Rosen has a SA faceplate that's his character and not a different one).
      It doesn't bother me enough that they don't have bodies to not include them in the count. They can share and will eventually get bodies of their own. Heads are just easier to store than full dolls are.

6. I counted the one I have. Only because she has a character and is waiting to get a face-up and her body is coming soon. Even then I only count her as 1/2 rather than a whole doll.

7. Up until last week, Strata was a floating head (faceplate really) but i did count him as a doll, even though he had no body or any to share with. < _> I really only count them if they have a set or planned character, so the extra heads for my M-Doll Moon and Soom Shale don't count since they're the same characters.

8. Yes, because they can share the current bodies that I have at the moment. They can be whole dolls every so often.

9. Ahaha, I only have a head for my doll, but I still count it. Though, he's going to have a body soon enough.

10. I don't count them.
      Usually when someone asks me how many dolls I have, I say either "28 dolls" or "28 whole dolls and 2 floating heads".

11. I have a floating head, but I do not count her with my other dolls. I currently don't really intend to get her a body/wig/eyes for a little while yet (when I have a steady income of some sort), so I don't feel right including her.

12. I count my floating head as a doll because it is a character, it just happens to share a body with another head. Oh my, that sounds really creepy!

13. I add them on as a .5 of a doll, occasionally joking as a 1/8th ^__^

14. Well.... considering that all I currently have is a single doll head... not really. He's getting his body soon most likely, but I can't really call him a doll.... so I just say that I have a doll head. .....*shrug*

15. I don't count them, as I have no floating heads that are a character of their own but without a body. Most are extra heads for existing dolls, like with sleeping/dreaming faces (I love those), heads that I tried on a body but didn't work out, and I have a Sist head that I think is going to replace my Lusis head... things like that.

If I did have a head that was a character but was just missing a body I think I would count it as a doll. I would at least mention it as a floating head character. It already is a floating head, poor thing, the least I can do is mention it's existence;).

16. All of my floating heads are "project" heads, so no. XD

17. I do! otherwise I kid myself into thinking I haven't topped 40. XD;;;

18. No, I don't count them in. As floating heads, they are not full dolls with personalities and/or names, and I don't even know what gender they will be when I finally paint and complete them ;), so they are not included in the doll count.

19. I don't include extra heads or faceplates for dolls that are already full dolls, but I do include heads that will eventually get a body. I counted my VKS Heath as a doll and he was a floater for months. Now he has a body and I feel like my number should have changed...but it didn't XD
      It gets a little confusing, but I see that as incentive not to have a bunch of floating heads hanging about.

20. I don't count floating heads. If it doesn't have a body of its own, it doesn't factor into my doll count.