1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you include your floating heads in your doll count?

Jan 6, 2012

1. I do, but I explain it as saying "I have 10 and quarter dolls. The quarter meaning that I have a head that still needs a body. Silly I know.
      Well wait...actually I have 2 heads that need bodies so now I have to calculate that figure.*_*

2. Well, I count floating heads as "half-dolls", and, in the case of my Lusis, "one-third-dolls". I sum it up by referring to my resin family as consisting of one doll and one-third of a doll.

3. I do...as long as I'm still trying to find a body for them.

4. They count to me. They are the personality of the doll anyway. It's the easiest thing to obtain. And now that I'm doing face ups I can match the doll's blushing to any desired body blushing. I just consider them 'body challenged.' LMAO I love my heads. Plus, imagining them whole is a new way to "play."

5. My floating heads have a name and each one of them is a different doll, so I guess I include them in my doll count. They make me very sad though, and I wish they had a body, but at the same time, I know it's unreasonable, and buying them a body would limit me from having more dolls.

6. I do not unless they are intended to have a body someday. My only current floating head is just for face up practice and will never 'be' someone, so it doesn't get counted.

7. I count the two I have. My SDF Howl is actually on a temporary plush body, so he's sort of like having a full doll anyway. XD And though my Obitsu Haruka may or may not ever actually get a body (still not sure if I'm into the thought of owning a full vinyl doll, but I love her face) I still consider her a part of my doll family.

8. I do, but only if I know I'm keeping the head. I just say "X amount and a half." I know half of a doll isn't the head, but with prices it almost seems like it sometimes... ;)

However, if I have a body ordered for the head I just count that as a full doll. So, I guess I have 5 dolls right now; the body is in the mail! (yay!) :lol:

9. I do because I will make it a whole doll eventually but until then its just a half doll:)

10. don't count my floating heads as I tend to share bodies with other heads. So count is only full doll.

11. I... kinda count them. I mean, in my head I count them but if someone who knew what I was talking about asked I'd say 'I have X dolls and X floating heads'... but if someone who had no clue about the hobby asked I'd just count them as full dolls instead of having to explain why I just had the head of some dolls.

12. I have 1 floating head and I count her as doll, she has faceup and a character (and I'm already getting her a body), even if I have a blank head I will count it as long as I don't intend to sell it later :)

13. Nope Floating heads are easily forgotten.... no count....

14. If by doll count you mean: "Yeah I got four dolls and a floating head." Then yes. Especially since soon he'll be a complete doll.

15. I don't have a floating head yet but I don't think I'd include him in my doll count. Without a body and character, he's not a full doll. When talking to other doll people I'd probably say: X number of dolls and 1 floating head but to everyone else, it'd be just X number of dolls

16. I count them, but as ".5" or "1/2" of a doll.

17. Well, i say i have 5 Dolls and some floating heads ^^.

18. I don't count my floating head, because while obtaining a body for it is on my list of things to do some day, at the moment it's a low priority. When I actually start saving up for its body I will start counting it as one of my dolls, but I feel it's a bit silly to count an eyeless wigless floating head that doesn't fit on any of my current dolls' bodies as a doll.

19. Yes i do count my floating heads as a doll in the doll counts!I know they will be complete someday.And that their most important part is home already!

20. Of course. Bodies I swap out a lot actually but the head is the doll. It's where the personality of the doll is. Floating Heads are dolly people too. They may be handicapped for a while by having no body, but absolutely I count them.