1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you incorporate a part of you into your doll?l

Oct 6, 2010

1. This topic is really interesting, because some day I want to make a doll of myself, completely. 0__0 I keep thinking I'm being really creepy, but I think it would be cute to have a minime, so to speak xD I always see wigs that look like my hair or doll sculpts that could be my face and I think, "Oh! Those will be perfect!" I dunno. I still think I'm being creepy. :D We'll see

2. A lot of the hairstyles I keep thinking of are similar to mine. XD; But maybe that doesn't count, because that's just the kind of hair I like, and haircut is the easiest thing to change on yourself, so of course I'll have the hair I like, as well as give it to the characters I make. (Not all of them, of course..)
      Also the doll I bought has a sort of non-feminine face with a straight sort of triangley nose, which is sort of like mine.

3. I'm not sure this counts but I gave Alex a 13 tattoo on his arm...I don't have one tattooed on me, but on him I consider it kind of like a branding XD

It's perfect because it's not too obvious. No one has ever noticed it!

4. I would say I put more into my dolls that I wish was me. Like the clothes, never had the funds even when I had the body for them, now have the funds, not the body. Also as much as I love tattoos, scared of needles so my dolls when possible have tattoos at least one cool one. Now working on them having pets I can't have due to the time they take not just the money and space.

5. I put a lot of myself into everything. You may not see it, but it is there.
      My dolls would definitely have a lot of myself in them. Maybe not actual looks, but that sort of "flair" you know?
      It'll be that one touch that says "this is my doll" and I think no matter if you have a character or an original character doll, there's a little bit of something from us in them.

6. Personality wise, probably. They're my characters, and when I create them I put something of myself in them, mostly my sarcasm :D

Now, aspect-wise... I don't have any. I'd love to have a victorian steampunk one, because I'd love to dress that way, though I don't have the body to go with it ^^;;;;; Yet :D

7. My doll doesn't look like me and the only features we have in common is that we both have freckles. But thats cause I think they're cute.
      My doll does kinda resemble me in style though. ^^ We both like bright colors and fun clothes.

8. That's not creepy at all. ^^

9. I think, when I get a doll, I will incorporate parts of who I wish I was into her... does that make sense? *_*
      Weeellllll... I kind of had the idea that I would make her like who I wish I was if I was totally ideal, for example, I will make clothes for her that I wish I could wear, but I can't because I'm not pretty enough. So I'll kind of...live through my doll? haha :P
      It's just an idea I had, its not set in stone yet.

10. What about making your doll wear the same fragrance as you? On second thoughts that might be a bad idea because the alcohol in the eau de toilette/parfum might react badly with the resin. Also a fragrance mixes with one's natural skin fragrance to create a unique fragrance so you'd never smell the same...

11. My reaction to the title was, "You mean like bleeding into it or something?" :horror: But I'm twisted like that.

I do not, for the most part. The only things they'll reflect are my tastes in clothes and customizations. I do not do things to the dolls that I do not myself like.

The doll I consider my mascot deliberately has what I consider to be a flanderized version of my real personality, but this is not something you could know from looking at her.

12. I try to create unique personalities for my characters but sometimes they end up having a trait similar to one of my own or to one of my friends. My dolls are all age range 8 - 17 though with no supernatural story or ability so I'm simply thinking it's hard to create something thats NEVER been done before. Just normal kids with normal stories I suppose.

13. So, does this mean that you can learn about yourslef by just lookig at your dolls? I have a lot of naughty girls.

14. That is how I fell into this resin hobby, by a similarity.

Physical features:

[​IMG]

The first time I saw Soo Special, with the make-up she was wearing on Dollmore, people who know me and I thought we were kind of alike.

Curiously, my brother thinks my mother's Delf, a Miyu, and I are alike. I think the cause, in both cases, is mainly the shape of the eyes.

Personality:

For me, since I have my pirates, they are like "symbolic" parts, more or less pronounced, of the puzzle I am. That is what happens when you identify yourself with certain characters. That is why I usually say they are parts which form the "One Piece" I am. Poetic, but that is what I feel, they are given characters or not. Who I am more alike in this aspect is something I leave opened to the imagination whose is knowing them and, at least by now, who knows me well finds out rightly who it is.

15. i don't really give them physical characteristics of myself but prefer to make their personalities similar to mine.

16. I really try not to "inject" my traits unto my dolls, they have their own characteristics. I always think "If i'm Mii-tan, would I wear that?" and the like. Though I will have a doll in the future {when I get the money and find a doll w/ 99.99% of the features I want and like} that would be like a mini-me but a million times better looking than me. XP Somewhat, "I wish I look like this" but still the rest of her {like her style in clothing} would be very much like me. :3

17. I completely transforms a BJD exactly like me is a sort of mini concience, I sanded and filed down ...

18. I love diversity, so in looks...no. All my dolls come from different companies and are completely different from me as well as from each other. But my collection is like a personal journal in BJD form. Each doll represents a part of me, something I'm passionate about or a link to some wonderful time in my life that I want to hold onto. I make them display spaces filled with cherished objects, give them a magical character that best expresses their unique role in my memories, and then I enjoy the freedom to play with current fashion styles that highlight what they represent (like steampunk for my girl that hangs out in a train station display...because I adore trains and you can hear the distant train whistles blowing gently at night in my dearly beloved home.)

19. I actually plan to give my doll the same mole that I have. ^^ She also has brown, curly hair just like me. I have no idea what else yet but I wouldn't be surprised if I added another thing of myself to her or for another doll.

20. Looks? No. I have given a few of them some of my personality traits but then I have a few whom I want totally different from mine