1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you incorporate a part of you into your doll?l

Oct 6, 2010

1. This is actually something that never would have occurred to me! It's been interesting to read about other people who have done things like this. I still can't see doing it with any of my dolls since they are based on characters, but I'll go back through CdF and see if Arra's eye color is ever identified. If it's not, I might give her mine! I'm not married to the idea, but it's an interesting thought...

2. We don't share physical similarities, but my doll has some of my personality combined with a background story that I conjured up from nowhere :3

3. I never thought of having myself in any of my dolls. Mine usually have a background story generally based in a fantasy world, whether it be a game-based world or a book-based world. And some dolls are just dolls (usually my porcelain dolls) and they exist just to look good in a pretty dress. :D

4. Goodness no. I have dolls to create characters who don't exist. If I want to see me, I'll look in a mirror. I'm not enough of a fan of myself or my life to want to make a doll double >_<.

5. There is no physical similarities, because I'm a woman and have only male dolls. But even if it comes to personality and background... No, I don't think we share much similarities at all. They are characters from my novel incarnated in form of dolls.

6. Physically? No. Each one shares at least one personality trait with me, though. ;)

7. Yes, I definitely incorporate parts of myself into my dolls. Each of their faceups are painted with my blood and I grew my hair out long and made their wigs out of it. I've even re-covered some of their resin with my own skin.
      :lol: OH MY, JUST A JOKE.
      Anyways though, my eyes are a grey-ish blue color but I've always wished that they were a more deep, pure blue. So, every single one of my dollies has blue eyes to live out my fantasy so I don't have to wear colored contacts everyday~

8. No physically similarities, but I give my dolls a few parts of personality sometimes.

9. @Saralena

I have to respond to this. @.@
      When I read that I almost died. XD
      The part that really got me was the putting of skin onto resin.
      Now I'm curious if there has ever been anybody who has ever done this. XD

Thanks for the laugh.

10. For Lincy, my first doll, I gave her my last name, but that's about it. ^^;
      Even my boy, Xien, doesn't have my last name or anything to do with me.

11. one of my dolls is set aside for a alter-ego of mine but more how I wish I could look. Her face looks a bit like mine, but she had freckles (I LOVE FRECKLES.) and big brown eyes that I wish I had plus unnaturally long wavy blonde hair ^^ not to mention she supper skinny but somehow manages to keep a C cup! if only, if only.
      The rest of my dolls are based off of characters of mine that I try to keep unique as possible.
      So I guess I could call her my "Dream doll"

12. I had my doll made after a character I created several years ago. So if anything, she incorporates a personality I would most likely fall in love with. Doesn't mean I love my doll like that, I just love the character.

13. physically, no. my dolls are "ideal humans" and I do not like my face xD; so if a doll has my face features it isn't appealing to me.
      but when I create characters, they almost always have a little something of me in their personnality/personnal taste :3

14. I think the only personal trait my dolls may get from me is loyalty, and Gavin has my biting sarcasm.
      Physically, I don't think so, though I am partial to larger eyes and plumper lips on females, which are physical traits I do have, lol.

15. My doll has the same hairstyle as me, just in brown instead of black. ^^

16. My girl Tomoe has some personality aspects that I have, such as my dislike for a lot of pink and my incredible sweet tooth. She also wears what I wish I could wear -right now she is wearing a red and white lolita dress- and she looks like I wish I could, so one day she might have blonde hair the next she has black hair, or white hair. So I suppose she does share a few traits with me.

17. My next doll, End will have some of the same piercings as me such as the vertical labret. He is my fursona/alter ego I guess so there's bound to be similar things between myself and my doll.

18. To be perfectly honest I avoid the idea that my dolls should or would look anything like me in any respect. Whenever I buy clothes for them I go out of my way to pick what I believe "they" would want as opposed to what just happen to like.

As an example I really only wear black. Not for any particular reason, but just because it suits me better. So my natural instinct when I go to buy anything is "ooh.. does it come in black?" but I have to stop myself every time. :sweat

I do everything I can to give my dolls a very distinct and seperate personality and appearance down to their likes, dislikes, and favourite colour. The closest I've gotten was purely an accident where one of my dolls happens to have the same aesthetics as my other half, and I've had the doll for a good 5 years before I met him, so it's just coincidence.

I understand that there's a little bit of ourselves in our dolls that's unavoidable, some aspects are larger than some when we "create" them in our minds and that we're bound to have things in common with them, so to speak, but I guess what I'm trying to say is I avoid cloning *lol*

19. It's not on purpose, but most of my doll-characters have a trait or two from me. It's not like I can see the world through other eyes than my own, after all. Besides, I have a pretty wide personality.
      On the outside though, not really. I like brown hair like my own, so a few of the doll-characters have dark hair, but that's just because I want variety. And I don't want a "me-doll", I've done way too many self-inserts in written stories when I was like 11, and they sucked. -.-

20. My doll is very much like me, we share the love for black clothing ^^ and he is also very shy and quiet like me haha he is my first doll after all :p