1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you incorporate a part of you into your doll?l

Oct 6, 2010

1. When looking for a doll that I liked I think I subconsciously picked a doll with a similar face-shape as my own, plus she and I both have freckles and greenish eyes. She isn't my double intentionally, but what I guess some of what I find appealing is also what I look like ^-^; I suppose that's a good thing though!

2. Yes!!! All my dolls are little parts of me <3

3. I now am starting to think they do; I think they each represent different facets of myself.

4. As soon as I got my doll I realized she needed to be a redhead. I'm not a redhead, but my daughter is, and this little YO girl reminded me of her. So I guess, by extension?

5. For me, Marc was an accident. I couldn't afford the doll I wanted, but when I saw the Soom Silt I just sorta...died from the cute pouty-ness. So I bought him, it was an awkward bonding because I just didn't know what to do with him.

After a second face-up, several clothing attempts, and getting perfect eyes...I gave Marc my infamous introverted personality. This doesn't mean he's shy, nor am I. I just keep to myself a lot. X3

The next one is another character I have had for years. He sort of embodies the strife with mental disorders. Though his personality isn't that of a victim, but a survivor. It took me forever to find the "right doll" to personify this fictional character. Hopefully he will still be available when I have the funds to get him. X3

6. Several of my dolls' personalities are reflections of certain facets of my own; that mostly came about through RPing the characters and wasn't anything I did consciously though. The boys' dress styles are pretty much stuff I would wear myself if I could. That's as far as it goes though.

Back when DiM were still doing Minimee, I know a few BJD owners had dolls made based on photos of themselves. My face isn't exactly what I'd consider handsome though - certainly nothing to make a doll out of, though with a good face-up it would undoubtedly be better-looking than me. :sweat

The photo in my profile shows me with my El, both of us with matching hair and nails. That's as close as I get to physical similarity though!

7. All of my dolls have a part of me in them. I did afterall create them, so it only makes sense that they hold part of me within them, no matter how fictitious; they represent fantasy.

8. My boy will be here in the next few weeks and I already have plans to give him a little mole on his neck where my Mom and I have ours. I think it will make him more personal and make it that much easier to bond with him. Of course the majority of his features will be nothing like me at all (hair color, eye color, freckles, etc.) but I think that small little detail will mean a lot to me, even if it means nothing to someone else looking at him.

9. I think considering my love of blonde hair & blue eyes, chocolate brown eyes, and the yamato nadeshiko aesthetic, I'm actively seeking out dolls that don't look anything like me. I mean, I don't mind if a doll has green eyes or brown hair - both can be cute attributes. But I would not seek out or customize a doll to have shoulder-length dark brown hair, green eyes, a heart-shaped face, and an outfit similar to me, because then we'd be in uncanny valley territory and I personally find that creepy :lol:

For me, the joy of dolls is having a piece of fantasy, a beautiful little work of art that is nothing like my real life. So making a mini-me would be kind of...missing the point.

10. Yes, actually that's how I built their character.
      I based each doll after parts of my psyche, I have some dolls I plan to get to complete what I'm going for.
      I think for me it's some what therapeutic doing this.

11. I've been thinking about doing a big hair chop lately. If I do I'm going to ask the hairdresser to ponytail the length before cutting so I can take it home and try making a wig out of it.

12. None of my dolls resemble me in any way. The only thing I can think of is that I always wished I had green eyes and Aisling ended up with green eyes. They weren't my first choice, but they ended up being so perfect for her. I do have a doll that's very loosely based off of my son, though.

13. My dolls physically look very different from myself. Because I am creating a fantasy world through my dolls, I want them to embody character traits that are as far from mine as possible.

14. One of my dolls I sew old clothes of mine for. He represents my high school years but is more like me in character than in physical appearance.

15. Sure I do! They all get my heart, and different dolls get different aspects of my personality.