1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep original packaging for doll accessories?

Sep 6, 2017

1. When I can I do. Some companies ship the clothes in very fragile plastic bags that break when opened, but I still keep them together in a baggie. Dollheart boxes and the like I still have though.

2. I keep some eye boxes and wig bags, but other than that I toss packaging from accessories as I find it just creates too much clutter.

3. For wigs, definitely will keep the full package. For rest of them, I just make sure they are in some type of bag or containers to keep them dust free, unless they have some special packing instead some type of plastic bag.

4. The only thing I keep are those little padded foam boxes that eyes come in to protect them

5. No, some of them are big boxes. I use small boxes instead to store them.

6. I keep them most of the time. I use to store outfits in their original packaging.

7. I keep most packaging because it helps for storage so little pieces don't get lost. Also for wigs because its so much easier to store them in their original packaging so they don't get tangled and messy.

8. I try to keep the bags and stuff for storage, but with a toddler around, sometimes they get tossed. That's ok though.

9. I only keep COA's, boxes and pillows. I don't keep most packaging.
      Plastic traps moisture.
      I don't store my dolls in their original boxes, the packaging and shipping materials are not archival, they aren't designed for long-term storage!
      I like to wrap things in acid-free tissue or unbleached muslin. What doesn't get stored in lined drawers or cupboards gets stored in acid free boxes stacked in a closet. I keep some wig nets for transport and use face protectors but don't leave them on long-term.

10. For the most part I keep the boxes. I do trash them if I end up selling and the new buyer doesn't want the extra shipping cost though! They take up too much room to keep around otherwise.

11. No, that would take up to much space. I keep hair nets, and those plastic face covers, and any little cloth pouches, coa's of course and the pillows. I do keep my doll boxes, I fold them up and put them in a bin. I have so much crafting stuff in my room that I just can't keep everything.

12. Yes, I keep all the original packaging to store the items. That way I always know from which brand and which size an item is. And I also keep the packaging for resale value reasons, better to be safe than sorry!

13. I keep all the little baggies I receive doll items in. Also just recently noticed I've begun to hoard cardboard boxes. You never know when you'll need to ship something I guess?

14. I would keep the company boxes/original accessories for dolls but when it comes to clothes/accessories, I will only keep the packaging if the item is really special/has some sort of collector level worth where keeping the box would be worthwhile for resale value.

15. Yes, I keep the packaging of most everything doll related or not lol

16. I only ever get to keep the bubble wraps and everything else just go to the bin. My doll is a hybrid, so I don't intend to keep the box the body came with because it can't house my doll fully, so with that I bought a doll carrier instead. That's where everything is being kept. I also don't remove the clothes from my doll since he's only got one pair anyway.

17. i don't bother to keep the packaging material other than some rolls of bubble wrap for when i travel with a doll or two that i can re-use (yay for saving money and environment). so far i have kept everything that's within the boxes of my dolls including the little bags for accessories and small clothes!

18. I keep most of it. Specially wig nets, and cute little bags. And of course, the doll box and CoA.
      I try to have everything organized and properly packed in one huge box.

19. I definitely don't. My doll stuff is well-organized, but I literally wouldn't have room to live if I kept the original of everything. After the first couple of moves, I don't even keep doll boxes anymore. The only things that stay are CoAs, if applicable, and those really nifty little hinged boxes that come with some eyes (love those suckers!).

20. I keept all packagings from my fullsets so far and I can tell you that I'm thinking of throwing some away, because I slowly have no space anymore. One room of mine is full of boxes and packagings and so on and I kinda, slowly, feel like a packaging hoarder xD!
      As someone who buys fullsets: I'm surprised when I get a fullset in her original box, but it isn't necessary for me to buy it, because the fullset is the thing I wanted most :3!