1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep original packaging for doll accessories?

Sep 6, 2017

1. No, not unless it comes in a box I could store other doll items in. I do keep my receipts and business cards people send. I order a lot off of Etsy.

2. I used to until I accumulated too many things... If I were to keep the packaging for everything I have I would need a separate place to store it all.

3. I keep the boxes that the dolls come in, but not the accessory packaging. I don't really have that many dolls, so storage hasn't become an issue yet.

4. I keep only doll boxes, protective cushions and certificates. I throw all the little cumbersome things, I don't wand to accumulate things in my drawers.

5. I keep everything. I come from the doll world in general and that is what many doll collectors do.

That said, if one does not have space, then one will have to decide what is important to keep.

I think it is always important to hold onto documentation/paperwork.

6. I tend to have rather limited storage in general for anything doll, so paperwork and a few important parts of a set are kept. The rest is Usually re-purposed or put to market.

7. I keep the plastic packaging for my dolls' accessories and repurpose them! I use them to pack orders for my hobby job haha.

8. I keep the original boxes and most packaging. All of my BJDs are Wizard of Oz themed and are part of my Oz collection. Over the past decade, my collection has been displayed over a dozen times in the public. With these exhibits, transporting the collection can be dangerous especially with larger fragile items (like my SD dolls). So I keep the boxes not only for storage occasionally, but also to transport the dolls if they are used in a public display.

9. I kept mine. It's in a little corner of my closet that had just enough room. My Soom box (the only resin-baby I bought from the manufacturer) has the Soom CoA and ephemera, and also has the copy of the COA that I got for my Bambicrony body, just to keep it all together (the body was secondhand and not in its original box).

10. I keep all original boxes and packaging. I do this for dolls, clothing & accessories. Most of my doll boxes can be flattened, which helps with storage.

11. I keep all the little baggies and bubble wrap for future use, and decent sized little boxes i can use as well, but I don't keep anything to big.

12. I just fold those little plastic bags, hair net etc in the box and put the foam on top. :3

13. I keep mini baggies I can re-use, and the hard plastic cases some eyes come in. I only keep original packaging for wigs if I'm almost sure it's not going to work for any of my dolls. I don't buy full outfits, and see no reason to save the thin plastic bags the few basics I've bought came in.

14. I keep just about everything- boxes, packaging supplies, everything!

15. When I was a very, very new BJD owner.... yes, yes I did. However.... it came to be a big pile that was just clutter. Now, I certainly keep the doll boxes. Space is an issue, so they go into the attic above the garage once the pillows and paper work are removed. That's because I don't have CoAs for everyone, so at least I have something authentic! Other things, like Monique Wig boxes, if they were sent to be in a box, I keep the box. Some shoes have nice boxes, so I keep those. A few bags are nice to store the clothes, the ones from Code Noir, but others just have a little label and the bag is generic. I peel the labels off and put them on the business card of the shop, so I can remember what the outfit set was named. If it's just a generic bag or plain box, it will only waste space. I'm not sure there is a best way, since that will vary depending on available space and the habits of the collector. If you live in a very small apartment or a single room, space may be limited. If you have a dedicated storage area, then I don't see the problem to keep every little piece of cardboard or wrapper if that's what you like to do. I wouldn't let it be an issue if it's a cause of stress either way.

16. Doll stuff 100% have the box, COA and foam/face protectors all together. I will keep the hairnet and bags for wigs. Clothes I will use have their packaging thrown out but have kept some stuff I want to sell in their original bags.

17. i keep COAs of course, a couple of hair nets and if the doll comes with a face protector i'll keep them but i don't even plan on keeping all my doll boxes they just take up way to much space that i really don't have.

18. If the accessories came with a doll and if im keeping the box, i will normally store those inside the box itself. just so it doesnt take up room, plus theres just air in the box anyways, so theres of course room. If its something i ordered and came in byself, i "try" to keep stuff for wigs like the bag and net since it can help keep them nice (tho i dont always... hence the try haha).

Otherwise for clothing and such, i dont keep those since it just sits around. even if i end up selling the outfit, original packaging doesnt really matter when i buy or at least from what i see when i sell things.

if its something i would use often then i will keep, though instead of one in each doll box, im trying to collect them into one box, same with the COAS.

19. Since I’m fairly new to the hobby I tend to keep most of the packaging to use as storage. The wig netting is super useful since I don’t currently have a proper wig bin yet. I do plan on buying some nicer storage containers so that I can organize my things better. I’m tired of having everything in the little clear plastic bags lol. :XD: