1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep the same wig for the same doll?

Apr 15, 2007

1. At the moment most of my Dolls stick to one wig. Blanche is the one who I change most often (usually to match her outfit better or for fun. The others pretty much stay in their one wig all the time. Ro switches to his LE wig only at certain times, otherwise he's a brunette. Raleigh is always blonde. Maeve is still new so I haven't figured out her main wig yet.

2. Mine are all based on characters, so they generally have only one wig. Weros has two, but the other is just the same color in a dressy ponytail hairdo. :D

Mikel wore a temporary wig in carrot for several months, because I was waiting on a Kstarr order, but now that his correct hair is in, I happily switched them out. :D Now his eyebrows match his hair. :P

I will be getting some "cosplay" wigs for AX, however. :)

~Anrui

3. My girls are both sticking with their original wigs I purchased for them, mostly. While I do have one other wig I've had Inanna wear off and on it isn't so much meant to be "her" when I take those pictures (does that make sense?) Inanna is very specific and her short hair is who she is, as is the color. Shahari's wig may end up changing before long not because I just want to change it but because it doesn't suit her character as well as I'd hoped. Her new wig (when I find the perfect one) will still be blonde and short though, just in a different style.

4. My dolls have "defaults" mostly because I can't afford multiple wigs for 8 dolls :sweat Eventually I'd like two or three styles for each.

5. I'm a wig pig, have a trunk full of them & am always changing them around. That's one of my favorite things about BJDs, is that you can get so many different looks from each one. I do however have wigs that certain dolls have claimed as their own. Even though they too get wig changes quite frequently, they won't let other dolls wear their special wigs.

6. My gang changes wigs all the time. I have so many spares (I should probably sell a few more lol). I think Lore is the only one who remains constant, although even he has changed a few times. But he looks best in black, so his default wig is the Monique Buttercup with blue streaks. It suits his faceup and his personality the best.

The Goblin King has only one wig, a Monique Starr. Jareth wouldn't be Jareth without that crazy 80s hairdo, after all. lol The only way I'll switch it is if I can locate another wig of the same style, in a darker blonde. His white-blonde isn't quite the right color for Jareth's hair, but it's close enough for now, and the honey blonde is no longer being sold, as far as I can tell.

Evensong and Ember, the daughter and mother pair, switch styles and colors, as well, although Song tends to stay on the lighter side of the color spectrum, and Ember stays more on the darker side. They both stay mostly in natural-looking colors with paler or darker highlights. Monique and Jpop wigs are the best for that.

Kestrel is right now in a bright pink wig, to compliment her pink eyes and outfit. She always dresses so that her hair and wardrobe compliment each other, as she's very much a fashion-conscious teenager who is into looking good.

Pip stays mostly blonde, with the occasional colored streaks in his hair. I haven't tried another color on him yet. He'll probably stay blonde, though.

The twins switch wigs often, but I always try to give them matching styles or colors. Right now they're both in blonde JoJo wigs, one with blue streaks and one with pink. Piper also has a long brown wig with blonde highlights, and Thistle has a short brown wig with blonde highlights.

Journey has a long blonde wig that I think he'll probably be pretty much staying in. I may give him the long silver wig, as well, for an occasional change. The colors may change, but the length will probably stay the same, him being an elf and all.

Jinx has a definite default wig, but I have a spare of a completely different style for those moments when I just want her to look different. They've both got purple streaks in them, since she's got a purplish cast to her resin, and only a few colors would actually look good on her.

7. Once I've found a wig that fits my doll it stays on.To me it is a part of their personality.Ok people do change their haircolour and style but somehow.. hmm I dont think my dolls ever will. :sweat
      If the wig looks wrong then one that suits better must be found,of course.Of the current ones I'm only wondering about Tomo's wig.. it looks somehow odd on him. *_*

*goes off looking for the perfect Tomo wig*

8. Imelda will have the same wig forever and ever. <3

But I recently redesigned Yu's character to have shoulder-length hair, so. XD I'll have to get him a new one.

9. My dolls are all based off of characters of mine, and thus have specific hair colors and styles. So once I get them their perfect wigs, they pretty much stick to those.

10. Once my guys choose a wig, they don't change very often. I may experiment, because wigs are fun to play around with, but in the end they wear their "default" 90% of the time. They just look weird to me in anything else. :sweat

11. I keep the same wig... mostly. Hayden's first wig has fallen apart, and since then I've discovered he looks better in fur wigs. So... I keep them all fur and all blonde/light brown.
      Vin keeps his wig.

12. My girl is a shapeshifter, and is currently in hiding for fear of being killed, so its part of her character to have different wigs to create different looks. She has five wigs, but there would be two that get used the most.

When my boy comes home, I think that once I find the right wig for him, he'll stick with it.

13. My dolls switch wigs depending on what I'm doing with them. Kayin wears a long black curly wig for photoshoots and his default white fur wig for playtime. Astoroth wears a long silver/grey wig for photoshoots and a purple fur wig for playtime. The others only have one wig each.

14. Most of my girls only have one wig. Once I find a wig that suits their character perfectly, I see no point in buying another.
      Only Maria and Soye have two wigs (in the same colour). But that's only 'cause I can't decide which wig looks best for them.

15. I have one doll who is a wig-switcher. (it fits the character to wear wigs) Otherwise, they generally stay in one wig, or similar wigs in slightly different styles. To me, it makes them seem more real. People may change hair styles, but most don't change color or length THAT frequently. Only some people do. And my dolls are very real-world-based.

16. Most of mine stay in one, but I have a few who switch.

17. The twins here pool a couple of wigs for the occasional change of style, but always the same color so they at least look "the same".

Chidori only wore one wig while I had him, but that's because it's harder to find things that would fit his character.

18. Riku will always have the same color wig, but not always the same wig. Recently, I swapped out his original wig for a new one, but they were similar. Dee switches a fair amount, but she has a prefered wig. Killia just looks too much like him with his red fur wig, so I can't imagine ever switching it. I'm still looking for the perfect wig for Sora, so until then he is stuck with a cheap wig I made him from cheap Wal-mart fur. His wig won't be much different than what he has now, though.

I think I am in the "if I like a look, I stick with it" crowd. :sweat

19. My dolls are based on specific characters, so they stick to one wig each.

20. I can only answer this question with the dolls I do have (still working on my first BJD)

My "My Twinn" dolls, which I redo, once redone, keep the wig that finally suits them on. I don't switch the wigs around, except when still trying to find the right wig for the doll.

So I'm going to assume that I will be finding just the right wig for my Obitsu Gretel, and keeping her in it.

:D Ingie