1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep your doll in his/her box at night?

Nov 27, 2011

1. Oceana, I completely empathize.

I'm also one of those individuals that was completely scared and creeped out by dolls due to this odd experience I had as a child. I haven't fully overcome this either, but for whatever reason I love BJDs. Perhaps, they're so beautiful to me I can overlook this.

When my first doll arrived I let him stay outside of his box for a few nights, but I had the most difficult time going to sleep. I'd peek over at him in the dark from time to time, then cover my head quickly with my duvet. lol

I keep telling myself I'm simply not putting my dolls out due to not finding the right armoire to display them in, but if I'm honest with myself it's because they still scare me. So, yes. I keep my dolls in their boxes at night, and sleep better for it.

2. I don't have them in their boxes ^^.. most of them are sitting on display in wickder chairs on a desk or on shelfs. It would really be an effort to put everyone of my now over 15 dolls back into their boxes at night ^^;; Since my flat doesn't have much room for closets I am even running out of place for all the boxes (began to throw them away actually.. just keeping one of each company :D because they are pretty).
      I also have one doll on my bed regularly (they take turns :) for attention).

3. I don't have my crew in their boxes because they have their own shelf above my bed which they get put on when i'm not playing with them and i have so little room on my bedroom that their boxes all need to be stored up the back of my wardrobe where they're virtually inaccessible. I've never had problems with being scared of my dolls, in fact i find it's quite the opposite. I'm quite afraid of storms and it's comforting to have them nearby when the weather gets bad.

4. I keep mine in boxes, without clothes or wigs, when I'm not using them. We have destructive cats and a very dusty old house! The dolls are expensive, so I'd like to keep them as nice as I can.

Yes, it does take time to get them all out, dressed, etc, but I usually don't take them all out at the same time.

5. oh boy, i remember i used to keep my first doll in his box every night after i've taken pictures of him or just having him out in the day. now i just leave both of my dolls in the living room sitting on the arm chair. they looked quite cute sitting in the big arm chair.

i'm not against the idea of people putting their dolls every night, it keeps the dust away!

6. :lol: Maybe its because I play with my four so much, but I find the idea of dust on my Resinoyds funny! :lol:

But, the Headbasket DOES occasionally need dusting.... *dusts the seven heads in it* ;)

Ryu

7. I'm more of the "treat dolls like kids" type than the "treat dolls like art/collectibles" type, so I would actually feel bad putting them in boxes. not to mention half are hybrids or second hand and don't have boxes AND with 17, it would be SUCH a hassle to undress and remove wigs every single night!

I have a doll room and each doll has their own "room" with a bed set up for them. They sleep there unless it is their first night in the house or my husband is away, then they stay in the bed with me.

I don't have anything against people that keep their dolls in boxes at night. I couldn't do it, personally, but each person has the right to do what they choose with their own dolls, be it leaving them in beds, boxes, shelf, cabinet, floor, backyard, etc.

8. Nothing against putting dolls in the boxes and all but mine are out. They sit on a bench and I can see them from my bed in the floor. My great dane is very easy around them as well and sleeps pretty close to them himself. Heck some night I need to sleep with my Shiwoo Riven he always make me feel better.

9. Nah, I don't put my dolls away at night. Partly because I'm too lazy to pull them all out of my $h!thole of a closet, and also because they all have chairs and couches of their own to lounge on, and I play with them so much =3

I have nothing against people who do put them away though, so long as they enjoy their dolls ^_^

10. Does it count as putting them back into their boxes if I've modded them into little beds for each of them? XD They go to sleep when I do~ Or rather, I tuck them into their 'beds', cover them up with pseudo-blankets that also function as padding. Then it's 'good night' and lights out. I wouldn't mind leaving them out... but there's nowhere particularly safe to leave them in my bedroom.

11. Mine tend to hang out wherever they are... cuddled together on the couch in the living room, kickin' it in the saucer chair in my room, lounging around my desk... I want to make rooms for each of them, but currently have no place to do so. Nothing against those who do box them up at night, it's their right/choice to do so... I just like for mine to be out and about.

12. Yeah I used to try sleeping with my doll out of her box even with my boyfriend around and I had to have her put in her box and put in the closet. I thought I was the only one.

13. I'm planning on getting some furniture for my doll(waiting for my second one) and once I trust them more I will leave them out overnight. and I really enjoy my doll. She's very previous to me. :D

14. I completely know how you feel, Oceana. I had a terrible experience with a possessed doll a few years ago and thought I would never own another doll of any kind ever again. It was a massive leap of faith to get my BJD. I was nervous at first, but now I get only positive feelings from him.

EDIT: I used to religiously tuck my doll in every night. I couldn't sleep otherwise. Now, I still only leave my dolls out if I have a dolly friend over or I'm in the middle of a project with them, but I won't lose sleep if they're on the dresser so long as they aren't in some awkward position. Most nights they get put on their bed with a pillowcase thrown over them.

I definitely understand why people would be daunted by the thought of putting ALL their dolls away at night, though! I only have two; the scenario would be much different with fifteen, ten or even five. :sweat

EDIT EDIT: I pretty much never put my dolls away anymore. "Away" now is a padded drawer that they typically only see if I am going on a vacation. At night they are usually either on my dresser or in the corner with their furniture. I am much more comfortable having them around or looking one way or the other than I used to be.

15. Yes, I store my dolls in his/her nude without their wig in their box at night. But I do it all the time when I'm not playing with them because I think I paranoid of my dolls getting yellow or getting damaged from sunlight and or wig stains and stuff like that! I know most people leave their dolls out for display but because my dolls are more for myself and I only take them out to play and look at for a little while. Other friends think I'm weird but I guess playing by myself makes me happy. I agree what someone said above that as long they are enjoying their dolls its fine :)

16. I use to keep my dolls from their original box until I happen to stumble into a day bed from the thrift shop with the scale of 1/3 doll. Luckily it fits three doll in sitting position. I decided to keep them like that so I can see and greet them whenever i arrive from work.

17. i play with mine so often too! so dust are not really a huge issue xD

18. It may help too! Especially if they're facing away from you and posed like they're sleeping or something. For you, it may go from you can't sleep with them around, to they distract you when they're out 8D

19. No, I don't, I don't do anything, they just sit as they always sit.. The first 2 or 3 weeks after I received my first doll I changed her dress to pajamas and put her next to my pillow every night. That was crazy and of course later I stopped doing this))

20. I thought my doll would freak me out, but he really doesn't! I have major issues with carved wooden dolls (puppets and marionettes especially!) but bjds don't seem to have the same impact on me.

My Caim sits against my mac next to my bed, and his box lives under my bed, under my Eliza Faust sythe XD

I remember having my dressmakers mannequin in my room.. that had to go... :lol: