1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep your doll in his/her box at night?

Nov 27, 2011

1. I have four dolls now and they are standing in my studio
      ful dressed up
      and Always waiting for new clothes that make

no I will see my dolls and enjoy them
      When \i take them with me I cary them in a beautifulome ade carrier

2. No I haven't, they sit on the sofa as well.

3. No, my doll has a bed. I only put him away when I'm at work due to fear that my animals might due something while I'm away.

I don't have anything against anyone who puts them away though.

4. No. Well, they used to stay out all night anyway, until my partner got hedgehogs and a funny smell started to creep in. Now they're in display cases and in their box...with baking soda. I hope the smell hasn't a hold on them. And if somebody wanted to strip naked their doll, wrap them it tissue paper like a mummy, place them into a box and heave it into a closet because they have a fear of something scratching or ruining their resin kid, thats not at all a reason to have something against them.

5. I have pets, I don't leave her unattended, but she stays in a display case in the darker spot of the room. I take her with me in the house at morning

6. No, i don't keep my doll in her box at night, i made her a bed, out of fabric etc you know, and at night i keep her under it, so she won't have any dust settling on her during the night :) and in the morning i keep her tthere too, i only take her out from under the bed when i want to play with her ^^ , bond with her

7. I always keep mine in their boxes when I'm not taking pictures or making them clothes. I'd like to make a diorama in my bookcase for them but I just feel safer leaving them in their padded boxes. It might also be that I'm slightly paranoid about yellowing. I wouldn't want to sleep in and accidentally leave them out while the sun comes through the blinds.

8. I used to put my boy in his box next to my bed, but then I got him a nice armchair. I prefer to see him in the chair for some reason, so that's where he ends up staying most of the time. I love displaying him, so it's not a problem at all.

I just think that what people do with their own dolls is their own prerogative. Dolls in their boxes is fine by me as well! c:

9. I love looking at my dolls, so they all hang out in my room on various shelves and surfaces. I know some of my first dolls have yellowed, but that's more from being loved and carried around everywhere then hanging out in my bedroom.
      My horde is numerous enough that it would take forever to box and unbox them constantly, plus I can go for weeks without actively doing anything with them - I can look at them and be happy. For small collections and single dolls I can see boxing them up, but after you get several becomes a hassle I think. Plus I'm the type of collector who can't understand the concept of collecting something but keeping it put away out of sight. I like to see my stuff!

10. For the first week of having my doll, every night she went back in her "bed", since at that point, I wasn't comfortable with how her eyes stared at me in the dark, but now she sleeps on my crafting area/desk, under a piece of fabric , because I'm no longer afraid of her.

11. All my dolls are in a shelf, i like to have them on display, since i have some selfmade rag dolls, and plushies, i don't mind.
      the only time i had to put them in their boxes was last summer because of the quackes in my city, i was very scared about them falling down.

12. No i haven´t but sometimes i wonder to put them back in box and just take them out to take some new photo´s

13. No, I always keep my doll out of her box. I love having her on display and looking at her, it makes me feel closer to her (does that sound weird?).

14. I once woke up in the middle of the night and noticed that every object that had a face in my room was turned towards me way back when I was little, so I definitely get where you're coming from.

But for whatever reason I really like dolls that are creepy and unsettling, so I will probably join you in the "into the box at night" club.

15. I only have three dolls right now and I can't see myself boxing them up every night. It would be a hassle to box them up and put them above my bed. I love seeing them before I got to sleep and when I wake up. The only time I box them up is when I know people with young kids are coming over or if I know I'll be gone for a few days. I don't want anyone coming into the room and touching them.

16. All my dolls stay out so I can look at them. I am not a purist collector and I have no interest in the future value of a doll. The value is in enjoying them NOW. I keep them out of direct sunlight etc, but I never box them unless I have to take them somewhere.

17. Generally yes, I left her in the box, but it's because I do not want she fall and ruin her makeup.Once I had to leave out on my desk because she left an eyelash and I had to put back XD she only had one eye! the truth is I slept well despite all :P

18. Nope. He sits on my desk everyday and everynight. I still have the box but don't want to put him inside it.

19. I put my dolls back in their boxes at night. I guess I like to think I'm letting them rest and it's a good way to say goodnight :)

20. Yes, I have a cat and a very mean one too.