1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep your doll in his/her box at night?

Nov 27, 2011

1. I don't. I only have one box for all of them at college so they need to sleep sitting up so they don't need to sleep dog-piled on each other. xD

2. For right now, I keep my doll in the box she came in at night.
      It's not that I don't want her out, but I don't have anywhere safe that she can sit and everyone on here has me going "OH MY GODS IF THE SUN TOUCHES HER SHE WILL DIE!!!!"
      I feel bad just keeping her in a shipping box, but until my Husband and I move I don't have anything else I can do.

3. It usually depends on if I'm at my dorm or if I'm at home ^^ When I'm at my dorm (which is about 90% of the time), my boy has a shelf on my desk to himself. With the way my room is set up, I don't have to worry about sunlight. :) At home, however, I have a room facing east that gets a TON of sunlight throughout the day, and, since I usually wake up mid-afternoon, I usually have him sleep in his box.

I would love to have him sleep in bed with me, but I am notorious for rolling around a lot while I sleep ^^; I'm too afraid of damaging him, haha.

4. I have two chest of drawers and my dolls stay and sleep in them.

5. I do put mine in a box at night- and whenever I don't have a reason to have her out. Though I still live with my parents, and they think it's creepy that I have her sitting on the desk while I sew stuff for her.

6. What is the safest/best way to keep your dolls while you sleep?
      I know in the box would be best but what if you don't have a box?

I just got my first one today and currently I have him standing on a dollstand but im kinda worried he might fall while im sleeping Dx should he just be sitting? I'm thinking of making him a bed xD

7. I have my dolls on doll stands on a shelf. I have had them put away in boxes when I figure got my cats, but now that they are older I have them out again, since the shelf is too high for them to get to and they've been good about leaving them alone.

8. I keep my dolls out at night. In fact, they stand right next to where I sleep :sweat

9. All of my dolls are out all the time, they are in my "doll room" where it is dark and they are kept in glass cabinets. It doesn't bother me knowing they are in the other room although some friends and family have mentioned they wouldn't be able to sleep with them out in the other room.:o I have nothing against anyone that keeps their dolls in their box at night, it's there doll,their life they can do whatever

they like. :lol:

10. When I first saw this topic I was like 'Yeah, right. First I buy a doll I want, because it LOOKs great the way it does, and then I hide it away in a box? Suuuuuuuuuure...'
      Now I got my first doll and well...

Yes, I put him in a box every night and only take him out again when I return home from work.

The major problem is, I'm actually in the middle of moving upstairs in the house my parents and I built and I lack a lot of furniture. Only the Bedroom is complelty done and at this point I'm still living downstairs and only have a temporary living room out of old furniture of mine and my sisters (which she doesn't need or want anymore) where I spend most of my free time when I'm in the house.
      So there is a serious lack of places I can put him and that probably won't change for a while, since as with dolls, I'm incredible picky and refuse to buy something that only appeals to me halfway.
      All or nothing.
      So until I've got proper furniture and start living upstairs, he'll probably have to go and stay in the box just like right now :3

11. My fiance and I let our dolls out all the time.
      We set them on our computer desks during the day,
      and when we leave or go to bed, we set them on the highest shelf
      of our bookcase on the blankets they came packaged in,
      so our cats can't jump at them. c:

12. When i started this hobby i used box as a bed for my little boy. But now when i have already 5 dolls i wont do that anymore. And i loke to watch my dolls all day if i want so i wouldn't put them in to their boxes , and it would be so much trouble to just move them every evening in to their boxes. Maybe im just lazy or something but. I like when dolls are somewhere where i can watch them and take them down easily.

13. I dun have my girl's box anymore, so her box is not even an option. :sweat I just have her on my desk, on her pillows, or just sitting if I forget to tag her to sleep before I lie down (because after I lie down, I'm too lazy to stand up again to put her to sleep hahaha).

14. I keep her in her carrier most of the time coz its safer for her to be in there when I'm not around. Her carrier s water-proof, sun-proof (lol) and sturdy enough to keep her safe.

15. For now my dolls box is their bed they return to every night.

16. I keep mine on their shelves, sitting comfortably, so they can hang out with each other all the time. They come down when I want to do a mod, a new face-up, take photos, or make them new clothing. Every now and then I will keep one in my room, but that is normally when I first get them and am trying to come up with a really good idea for what they will want to wear and who they really are. After they have let me know, I place them nicely and do what I can to enhance their personality as I see it. All the boxes are out in my shop safely stored in the rafters.

17. I keep mine in a drawer when I'm asleep or not home because I have two cats. One of which is a kitten who noms everything she can fit in her mouth. So I really don't want to wake up and find teeth marks in the resin.

18. I'm still waiting for the arrival of my first doll, but I don't plan on keeping him in the box. I'm going to set up his cushion with a make-shift blanket and little pillow so he can have a little futon to sleep on~! I'll probably put him in his box if we have a lot of people over or I'm going to be gone for a long period of time and can't bring him with me.

19. My boy did for his first night, but now he sleeps on his cushions and bed next to mine ^^

20. I keep my girl in her carrier case at night for a few reasons.

1. My old roommate was kinda creeped out by my doll staring at her in the night. She never said anything, but I just knew it. Things became more relaxed when my girl was "in her bed" before the sun set.

2. I own two cats and a dog. My 16 year old tabby girl sleeps with my doll for some unknown reason. My dog doesn't even notice the doll and has jumped on her before. My 6 month old Siamese kitten chews on everything. He also likes to jump on shelves and knock stuff over. As I can only really trust my tabby with the doll, I NEVER leave my girl out without me.

My pets are precious to me and I would never want them to swallow an arm or something.