1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep your doll in his/her box at night?

Nov 27, 2011

1. I always have all my dolls out. I want them to be accessible at all times.

2. My doll stays in her box when I'm not playing with her. I have four kids and between them, their friends, and the pets, her box is the safest place for her.

However, her box has a soft pillow at the base and a soft pillow that goes over her, and I get the creepy crawlies sometimes because it reminds me a little of a coffin. eeek!

3. I used t keep my doll in a box but not really so much anymore. I was also scared of dolls when I first got mine, but after a while it just seemed more natural to keep him on my dresser.

4. Depending on if he's going to be used recently or not. Usually ill keep him on his pillow next to my bed on the dresser. he has a few friends he chills with (my alphonse elric model, a few gundams, a few zelda/pokemonz)

5. My dolls are basically in their boxes all the time. I used to keep my one out all the time because it's fun, almost like keeping me company in my bedroom (basically where I sew and what not, so I'm here a lot).

I'd like to get a couple stands for my two girls, then I'd like to display them sometimes.

6. Do you put your doll in his or her box at night? or do you let him or her watch you overnight?
      My doll actually "lives" on a shelf in my basement, right behind my computer chair. Usually when I'm at my computer, I set her up on the table next to my computer desk, but at night I put her back on her shelf and tuck her in under her fullset cape.
      I don't sleep in the same room that I keep my doll, but if I did it wouldn't bother me, because my bedroom is kept pitch black.

Do you have anything against people who put their dolls in their boxes at night?
      Nope. Handle your own dolls however you like! It seems like a big hassle to me, but to each their own.

7. I don't have my girl yet but probably will keep her out (my room doesn't get much light during the day....My blinds are shut and I hate the glare sunlight gives everything so I kinda hide from it when I'm inside.

I'll probably try to make her or ask my dad to help me make some furniture for her...Probably will clear a space depending on how big an RS MSD actually is compared to my shelves....If she's too big her box will be her home for awhile when she's not out. At least until I can have a 'room/studio' set up for her like I do my 1/6th's.

8. At night I used to keep my dolls on the pillows they came with and covered them with a blanket, but not in the box. Then I got paranoid for a bit and kept them in a drawer under my bed, mostly because I had just moved and had no curtains in my room. After I got my third and fourth dolls (and some curtains) that changed pretty quickly. They never get put away anymore XD The only time they spend the night in any kind of storage now is if I'm getting ready to take them to a meet, I pack the ones I'm bringing the night before.

9. My dolls have never bothered me at night, so they're on display on my bookshelf.

I don't see the problem with keeping them in boxes though. Personally I like to have them out to look at, but keeping them in boxes has its advantages. If you're scared of them in the night-time there's no shame in putting them away.

10. My dolls at night hang out wherever I put them last. Sometimes they're in the living room, sometimes the bedroom, sometimes another room. I see no need to put them away. I don't have pets or kids so they won't be knocked down or anything, and they don't bother me when I'm sleeping. The only thing that bothers me when I'm trying to sleep is noise or light. Need it to be as dark and as quiet as possible or I'll lay there awake.

11. Do you put your doll in his or her box at night? or do you let him or her watch you overnight?
      The same with Yugami, instead I put my dolls on my working table.
      I do put some of them inside their boxes because my desk is small. Two big dolls or two small doll and one big doll is already full. So I sometimes take them out on shift or whenever I feel like it.

Do you have anything against people who put their dolls in their boxes at night?
      No, it is up to you. Sometime it is safer that way, too. So bad things won't happen when we are not awake. For example the part time maid or pet accidentally knocks it down, etc

12. I used to put them in their boxes at night, like little beds, but I've just been too lazy for that lately. They usually sit on their shelf at night. :3

13. I don't like putting my dolls in their boxes because the box itself takes up too much room...my dolls have never been in their boxes since they were taken out the day they arrived :XD: And I'm weird, but I don't like having my dolls out at night. I feel like bugs might crawl over them or something when I'm sleeping so they must stay in the safety of my closet at all times..:lol:

14. I think it's really interesting that you collect dolls even though they scare you at night keke. But I do the same–when night comes (or even during the day if I'm not playing with her), my doll goes in her box. I keep the lid off, though I do cover her with a shawl so that dust and light won't get to her.

15. I just leave my doll out at night most of the time. For the first week, I did put her in her box at night, but then I relaxed a bit.

16. My crew never gets put into their boxes, during the night they chill out on top of my desk. ^_^

17. They never go in their boxes. If I had room to make them beds from the boxes, I would, but not much room on their bookshelf. They do have their own little rooms on the shelves though.

18. My bjd dolls stay out at night and sit on my dresser at the end of my bed. I have other dolls which are stored in a doll cabinet, but these I treat more as collector items. I like seeing my dolls all the time. For awhile I had them sitting on some shelves in my studio, but I am happier with them in my bedroom. My partner doesn't mind whatsoever either. Occasionally, I will challenge him by asking things such as: who has a new wig? The third one from the left, what is her name? etc.. He rarely has the right answer, but he knows it amuses me. :) Sometimes, I think I should be much more careful with my collection, and carefully store then when they are not in use, but I do enjoy their 'company'.

19. My girl stays out all the time and l have not had a promble so far with doing this.

20. I used to keep my dolls in their boxes at night, but the boxes were taking up too much space. Instead, I now keep them in their carrier at night. The boxes are in storage.