1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep your doll in his/her box at night?

Nov 27, 2011

1. I have one doll who's always in his box because I have no space on the shelves to put him with the other boys but the rest of my boys stay on their chairs on a shelf that's in front of my bed. I always keep the face protectors and a blanket over them though.

2. My crew sits on a bench or pillow chairs I have for them in the floor of my bedroom. I have bad luck when they were up on high shelves not one was broken but I was hit in the head a few times. Also I do sleep with my shiwoo when ever the mood hits. When I say sleep I mean cuddle him to death lol. Nah I put him in a baby blanket and snuggle with him.

3. I don't put my dolls away at night, and if it's any indication, my 70cm SSDF camps on my nightstand during the night. I just feel safer with him watching over me.

4. My girls and I will have our dolls all over the house. I can also say from experience that as our doll family grows, visiting family and friends will remove them from their guest room!

5. Aisling hasn't been back in her box since she came home a year ago (though she goes in her padded bag every once in a while) and the others have only been back in boxes once or twice. I always feel a little bad when I put them away, even if it's just in their bags or their shelf.

6. I leave mine out overnight. I just don't find it necessary to have to keep pulling them out of a box every day. I don't let them watch me sleep, because then I wouldn't get any sleep. The only reason I'd ever put them in their box is if I had to move them to a completely different location the next day... or if they were possessed (then I might also add a brick or cinder block on top for good measure:lol:).

If people want to put their dolls in their boxes overnight, they have their reasons. They might have pets that are a little harder to control, and because they can't keep an eye on their doings at night, they'll stow away their dolls. I think I would consider doing that if they were going to be where my cats could reach, and I could not be there. One of them tries to bite their hands and feet as it is.

7. I don't keep my dolls their boxes for two reasons:

The first is that I store stuff in one of the boxes, so it would be unfair to squish the little guy in his box if he's got to share it with everyone else's stuff. The second is that the other box that I have is kept under my bed because I don't have any room to put them elsewhere. I honestly couldn't bear the thought of putting my dolls under my bed (there are probably spiders and/or monsters under there! D: )

If I had the room, I might put them in their boxes--or I'd get a curio cabinet to put them in where I'd know they would be safe, but still on display.

8. If I didn't have cats, I would leave them all out--I wake up a lot at night so it's nice to see little friendly faces. (My husband can ignore them as long as they have heads, oddly he is creeped out by the headless bodies when the heads are out for customization.) But since my cats have insomnia too, and they are wig nappers and hand chewers, everyone gets put away after sewing or photo sessions.

But I can totally understand not wanting to have them peering at you if you are more sensitive!

9. I only have a small pukifee so I never keep her in her box. Besides, Im lucky where I live now, there's barely any direct sunlight comming in so I dont have to worry about where I place her during the day :3

I can see your problem though, I was worried about my doll when I first got her since I do find dolls to be creepy at night. Luckily she was so small and cute I have no problem having her sitting/standing beside me while I sleep :)

10. No matter how much I manhandle my dolls I always put them into their boxes every night because of dust, mice, dogs and cats (hello, countryside living). They have a bunk bed, but they only use it for photo ops. I personally find it tiresome to store them before going to sleep, and then take them out first thing in the morning. But as we say, better safe than sorry, right?

11. I leave my girl out all the time. She sits on the edge of my dresser at the foot of my bed so I can see her first thing in the morning. Sometimes if I'm working on an outfit for her and she's modeling, she stays on my sewing desk overnight and it always makes me sad not to see her perched there.

I have absolutely nothing against people who put their dolls away at night. I actually feel like they're perhaps better resin parents than I am because their dolls are kept more protected. At least I live in the basement and Angelina doesn't get any sun no matter how long she sits on my shelf.

12. I put my doll to sleep, most nights, but not in his box. His box I use to store his belongings.

13. My dolls never see the inside of a box unless I am traveling or they are going to a new home.

My crew hang about the bed room. I got a whole group on the dresser, four that sit on my bed and one extra large guy who sits on my nightstand. I like being able to see them all the time. Plus when you have like 25 of them putting them all "to bed" would get a little tiresome.

14. No, I don't put them inside their boxes at night. I only keep one of those boxes anyway... They are, right now, sitting over a castle (an architectural model) dome.

15. Nope, they never go in their boxes, ever. They live on a bookshelf with curtains, to protect them from the sun. There they have beds and rooms and everything. although it is getting crowded there.
      The curtain is really only for sunlight protection, but I do keep them hidden behind it even at night. Probably because the sun goes up long before I get up, but they don't scare me. Only after reading scary stories about scary dolls XD But I just really shouldn't do that.

16. I undress my dolls and put them away in their boxes every night. My area experiences earthquakes, so I think their box is the safest place! If we didn't have earthquakes I'd probably keep them out.

17. No, I don't keep them in their boxes.
      They are on doll stands or they sit in my doll wardrobe or glass showcase.
      I like my dolls to be where I can see them =] and I find it a bit annoying to put them in and take them out of their boxes xP

18. Not only do I leave them out, but they're all lined up on a shelf facing my bed. But then I've never been afraid of dolls and grew up with my Barbies and American Girls also on the shelves facing my bed, so I'm super used to it. Actually, when I lived in Japan I got my parents to ship a couple of my BJDs to me and...lined them up on a box (no shelf in the bedroom in my apartment) facing my bed. At this point I almost feel weird in a doll-less bedroom that isn't a hotel room ('cause I don't expect a hotel to have dolls in it and I don't travel with mine).

There's also the simple fact that I just got my 13th doll yesterday so if I did want to put them all in their boxes before going to bed it would take me forever and I would never actually make it to bed.

I have no opinion either way on what other people do with their dolls at night.

19. Yes, I leave them out all the time. They have their own room though so there's no "watching" going on. I would think taking them out and putting them back in would be extra unnecessary work for me. They also have a glass case they go in so they are technically "put away".
      Why on earth would something like that bother me? I think if I had a problem with someone over something like that, that I may need to reevaluate my priorities. Life is just too short.

20. As for me, I keep my dolls out. All over the place depending what I'm doing with them. I do not mind dolls in my bedroom as long as they are not porcelain antique ones. For some reason those kinds of dolls give me the creeps.

Bren =0)