1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you keep your doll in his/her box at night?

Nov 27, 2011

1. I leave my dolls out at time, hehe they sit with each other on the bench on the work station. I only have one doll box (my other doll was a second hand one and he didn't come with his box) and I use that to store all the bits and pieces I don't want to lose. However I do not sleep in the same room as my dolls, I can sleep with Stuff animals, but dolls it just makes me feel like I'm being watched. :P But that is just me.

2. All my dolls are on display 24/7. The only fear I have is that my cat will jump onto the furniture and knock one of them down. Not likely, though. He's pretty much broken of doing that, now that he's got a different favorite window ledge. lol

3. Nope, my dolls are out all the time on a shelf. I have cats, but they are well-trained an know not to be up there :) I havent even concidered putting them in boxes except for when/if we travel, because I lack the space..

But I don't care what other people do with theirs, as long as theyäre happy with it.

4. I recently made the decision to get rid of any dolls bigger that MSD size as I don't like having to keep dolls boxed...it makes me feel a little like a hoarder if I have to keep my dolls boxed as there simply isn't room to keep them out. I love having my dolls out where I can see them but they are also safely in cabinets / on shelves away from little fingers, paws, claws and teeth. I only have places like these that will fit MSDs, YoSDs and tinies so therefore that's now what will limit my doll collecting. =^-^=

5. no, my dolls actually have a 'doll corner' where they all get displayed on miniature couches, beds, cushions etc. so i guess they're permanently 'comfortable', ha. i never put them in their boxes once i decide to keep them (even though i do keep the boxes), the most is i will put them in a carry bag when going outdoors.

6. Not just at night, during the day too. Sometimes for weeks, maybe even months on end.

Mwahaha, I just love to think of these poor little resin people crying in the dark! :sneaky

*wink wink* :lol:

7. Mine stay squirreled away until I want them out. :sneaky

8. Most of my dolls live in their boxes, because I just don't have anywhere to set up seats for them, but Receba's been staying out all day lately. She might stay out tonight, if the cats don't bother her before I go to bed. I worry that one of my cats will get it into his head to grab her dress by the strings and run off with her, since he does that with clothing and books and anything else that strikes his fancy/looks pretty. He's dragged towels around the house before, so I don't trust him one bit!

9. I did not spend this much money to hide my prizes in boxes. I keep them about the house, posed in little scenarios that I fiddle w/from time to time. It makes my heart happy to see them as I go about the house :D

10. Right now they're stashed in their boxes for a number of reasons: lack of room, organizing after our move, and they're naked. Once we're all done with getting things set-up they'll have a shelves to themselves beyond where the cats can get to, but their boxes will be handy. I'll probably stow them away when we have people over, simply to avoid accidents.

11. My dolls are kept nude and wigless in their boxes on only white pillows unless I am using them because I am very paranoid about yellowing.

12. Nah... I'm too lazy to put dolls into boxes... Mine are sprawled all over everywhere...!

13. ^-^
      They are always on my desk. Day and Night. They don't scare me at night, and I don't think it's a problem for my boyfriend. (One day he says : It's a little creepy...)
      But I just love to look at them. When I put my BJD in a box or a carrier, it's because I bring them with me.

14. I make large beds with pillows and covers in a big shelf next to my bed for each of them. It is like a department, many levels from ups and below. I had prepared 4 large comfortable beds for my upcoming 4 dolls. I am a new bjd collector, so I don't have them currently, hopefully it is like a good welcome gift for them! :)

15. I don't box them but I put them in a large bathtub at night (tub for american girl dolls)
      I just like to store them in there for some reason, and then I put a chiffon "blanket" over them.
      During the day they have large rocking chairs they can hang out in.
      Except for my realpuki, I put him in a tiny basket at night and cover him with a cloth doily.

16. Sometimes I put them in their box at night.. It really depends on who can I leave out of their box with limited space and all that ^^;; My room is rather crowded so I guess I would feel better if I leave them in their box until I have plans for them...

17. I put my doll in their own box every night because I don't have any other place to put them + they're safe from my dogs in there. ^^'

18. I'm really not sure that I am understanding this boxing up a doll.:? When I get a doll I open it up take a good look at him or her than I put cloths, and wigs on them.:fangirl: If the doll was a full set than all I do is put it all together. some times I may change the wigs, and eyes to a color that I like more. Once I take them out of the box I put the box away. I really can't stand the thought of not seeing wear all that money went. I really don't care if they yellow or not. They are going to do that any way with age. I just love seeing them setting around.:D I don't have a cat so no worry there. But I do have a 85 lb sheep dog. Who like's to lay on them when they are on my bed.

19. I have 6 so it would be a bit of a chore to pack them up every night, but even when I only had one doll he was always outside his box from the moment he arrived. I only kept his box for moving purposes, which is why I keep all my doll's boxes. I just like to look at them before bed and when I first wake up in the morning. Plus I'm lazy and wouldn't want to take them out every morning and put them back every evening. :sweat

But of course I have nothing against those people who don't/can't leave their dolls out for any reason. I think it's silly to let what other people do with their own possessions offend you in any way. Especially if it's because of a fear or phobia. I can relate cuz I still get nervous in the dark a lot of the time, especially if I'm alone and especially outside. I hate walking the dogs by myself at night so I try to avoid having to.

20. I keep mine out on a day bed. I only have 2 so far.