1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you kiss/cuddle your dolls?

May 19, 2011

1. No, I just cuddle with them when I'm playing videogames or watching TV. I love how they absorb body heat and keep me warm. c:

2. Ryo is so floppy, he's such a sweetie, I cuddle him whenever I'm carrying him around. Kari's not floppy, but his "relaxed" pose just curls into my arms, so I cuddle him to. Kyen is... Harder to cuddle with, because he's so tiny, but he gets plenty of kisses! ... Well, okay, I kiss all of them on the tops of their heads. ^^

3. every night before going to bed I kiss my puki pong !!!!!!
      no other dolls , they do not sleep in my bedroom

4. Yes and yes. :P

Also depends on the doll. Mike HATES it and pinches, kicks and stabs if I try. Amir has always curled up, put his head and hand on my shoulder. He's a perfect snuggler. Loki can be, depending on the day. It's either lay on me or smack me. Ivory Stardust's boy, Spencer, snuggles like no other. I adore cuddling him. Even though Loki just glares when I do...I guess he doesn't like me touching his husband. >.>

I do also kiss my dolls. I'm not afraid of hurting faceups. None of mine have ever been damaged in this way. I prefer to enjoy my dolls, I don't think I'd enjoy them nearly as much if I was afraid to touch them for fear of damage. And besides, none have rare or limited faceups, most were done by me so if by chance I do cause damage, I can always fix it.

5. *cuddles one now*
      I`m cold and they absorb warmth and wont disappear like a pet would. >w< Im a notorious at doll cuddling, whenever Im cold, anxious, watching a movie or just sitting here. But I prefer my 60+ sized dolls, preferring the big girl Belladriel (Soom Deneb) whenever I can since she is heavy, sturdy and biggest. XD And when they lie against me, I kiss their heads. And sometime do a little maintenance, like fixing wig, manicure, pedicure, face-up, repairing torn clothes, or just adjusting eyes. Its bonding time. :)

6. I dunno about cuddling, but we hang on the couch and watch tv when I actually get a hot second to do so. There is lap sitting though, that seems ideal for my clan.

7. I haven't received my doll yet (she's on layaway u.u) but I feel that I will be hugging/kissing her a lot. I hope that wont mess up her faceup/clothes/wig/self-esteem! ^-^

8. Yes...but he normally ends up acting fussy afterward....>: Tiffy little thing.

9. It doesn't occur to me kissing my dolls, but I've wanted to cuddle or hug them in several occasions, especially when I'm feeling down or very stressed. A couple of days ago, for instance, I was feeling so stressed because of some issues going on my life, final exams all piled up, and papers I needed to finish and send. Well, I wrote that "I wanted to cuddle them" because, in spite of the therapeutic benefits I know I'll draw out of it... I'm afraid of ruining my dolls' face-ups, or messing up their wigs, and, in the case of my Elfdoll/Domuya hybrid (a Bambu boy), of gorging out one of my eyes on his fingers. The Domuya Flexi-Perennial body has the stiffest hands I've seen in a doll (they have no mobility at the wrist)! So, instead, I usually hold my dolls' hands, or hold them close to me.

10. Yes I do but I always have the fear of ruining their wig/faceup :o

11. Not really. I do like to "pet" them on the head or play with their hair when I've reading or watching TV, though.

12. Oh yeah, I kiss and cuddle them constantly. It's funny, all mine are great at snuggling with me but several tend to pinch, kick and smack others who try. And I kiss them all the time. Usually on the forehead or top of the head where it won't possibly cause damage to the faceup.

13. i seldom hug and i dont kiss i usually put my doll on my lap when i am using the com or drawing

14. Yeah...I am guilty of both. It's very weird. Not like they can hug back or anything.

15. I don't usually cuddle them (they're a bit on the small side for that), but I do kiss my dolls regularly, especially after changing their clothing or rearranging them on the shelf.

16. I kissing my dolls when I go to the work sometimes ot in university in the morning. When my Benedict have problem with feet and I try to fix it and I cannot, I kiss his feet and say That all be well, and that not problem, we find way to fix his feet.
      I kissed them sometimes because I love them, I dont see in that strange thing, I love him like my hobby not more, mayby like my family part.
      About cuddling: I cuddle them more times, a lot when we walk and when I take them in hands a long time.

17. I kiss my boy and girl on the head, and ON RARE OCCASION I will hug them. But that's pretty much it.

18. I kiss my dolls only on their wigs, but I love talk to them like babies *w*
      I hug my yosd always I can xD But I have a little scared when I cuddle them ñ.ñU

19. I kiss my dolls on their wig or noses, sometimes and I love cuddling them.

20. I more so less just Pat/pet mine on the head,
      I have no problem with those who Kiss/Cuddle their BJD.

Sleeping next to a Doll is a scary idea in my mind, However,
      Just because the doll could potentially get damaged at some point.