1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you kiss/cuddle your dolls?

May 19, 2011

1. Yes and I love to kiss their heads.

2. I like to do a pretend Eskimo kiss because I don't want to mess up the faceup. ^_^
      And yes, lots of cuddling and talking to my dollies.

3. I cuddle my boys, mostly Niko since i have him out the most, and Tamil is cat size so he's easy to cuddle. But Niko is so cute, he gets most of my attention and he's the easiest to carry around ^^
      Fay is just too small to cuddle (she's pukipuki sized) unfortunately, although if she was bigger I would.

4. Yeah I cuddle my doll and I like it ~
      Kissing? Eww...I don't know her that much x3. In fact I'm not used to "kiss" even my parents or my cat so I don't kiss my doll...

5. Yup every once and a while i love to cuddle my boy doll Valentine!

6. Always lol I love having my boys close by, and Ani gets loads of kisses! He's so shy and I feel extremely motherly towards him, I often give him little pecks on the top of his head (wig). Reese is a lot more reserved and prefers to be left alone but he can't hide from me!

7. yup l kiss Hazuki on the head and sometimes l hold her.

8. All the time. Everytime I take one of my boys off of the shelves and cant be bothered to put them back, i put them in my bed with me and cuddle them when i go to sleep xD

9. I'll kiss and huggle mine sometimes, but not often. One doesn't like to be hugged cuddled or kissed, the other loves it, and the other gets all fidgety! I should do it more X3 to all of them

10. I cuddle mine on occasion, even if I think he would grumble about it if he could. He is so cuddly...when he doesn't have a psychotic look about him. I don't kiss him though...it just doesn't seem like something he'd enjoy.

11. Yeah. I usually cuddle them, and if I do give them a kiss it is on the top of the head.
      I also talk to them. Like explain what is going on when I'm interacting with them.

12. Yes! I always kiss my doll on the top of the head! C:

13. not kissing, i guess maybe cuddling but i have noticed when i carry one i tend to treat them like a child, holding them in my arms as apposed to say just carrying them by the waist, i might be natural instinct

14. Hmmm... Due to their sturdyness, they're not really huggable, but I do tuck them in at night :P They sit on my book shelf, and every night I wrap a handkerchief or piece of fabric around them or lay it over their lap or something, and every morning I take it off again. And I pet them on the head a lot, or tap their nose with my finger or some little gesture like that. Also, when I carry them around, I usually do that in a loving manner (keep in mind I only have msd-sized dolls or smaller, this probably won't work with a really heavy doll): Holding their upper legs in my hand, their back against my wrist/arm, their lower legs hanging down, so they're in a comfortable yet sturdy position.
      I don't kiss them, but that's only because I'm afraid they'd get dirty over time and I hate washing them. :sweat

15. I give my dolls what I would consider love and attention as relates to their hair, face up, and clothes. I will even maybe admit to talking to them during those intereactions. However, that is as far as the love between them and I goes. I have never kissed any of my dolls. that to me would just be a little strange. I try to save that ssort of affection for human beings.

Nothing against those who do however; who is to say that you should not love and kiss YOUR doll? After all as much i have paid for some of these there must have been some level of love there for me to part with that kind of money.

16. Oh, I'm absolutely charmed by my boy. I do kiss him very often - and not just his wig or face, sometimes even his adorable little knees - although I am quite worried about messing up his face-up. But he just has these moods when he puts on such a sad, lonely face. And that's when there's no helping it. As for cuddles, I unfortunately don't find resin very hugable, so I usually have to do with caressing his hair. So it's either my lips or the tips of my fingers.
      (Although it's kind of awkward, being seen by my roommate/whoever stops by. But a what can you do, really?)

17. I'm definitely a cuddler. I'm so excited for my dolls to get home so I can cuddle them. ^^ For now, I just cuddle Haiiro's Cupcake when she allows me to... when I was feeling upset last week she let me snuggle up on the couch with him and cuddle him while we watched TV.

I don't think I would kiss my dolls... it's hard to say. I definitely wouldn't dare try to kiss Takko. It just seems like a bad idea based on his personality... as for Cookie... hmm. I don't know if I'd kiss her or not. Maybe a little kiss on the head?

I prefer to make dolls kiss other people. :lol:

18. I kiss and cuddle my doll every day and when I do it she seems to smile at me! I love her soooooo much! she's my angel!!:D

19. Sometimes you have no choice-- if you are carrying an EID or an Idealian at a meetup, you might not be ABLE to hold him up with one hand by the waist for very long. Your hands may not be big enough, nor your biceps stout enough. ^^ It's just easier to let him sit in the crook of your arm, like a giant musclebound baby in expensive boots.

I can't help cuddling an EID (mine or someone else's) when he's on my lap or in my arm, because they're so big and curvy and satisfying to hug! About the same size/weight as a cat, as one friend has pointed out to me; another friend has told me frankly, "I know why you have so many EIDs-- it's because you don't have any cats." xD But not all EIDs are equally cuddly; I don't treat my Luo or my Tedros as cuddle-objects, but my sweet doe-eyed Akando has become the house woobie. :kitty2: (Though I do try to resist kissing the top of his expensive little head, because I put lots of wax in his wig & don't want to flatten it.)

20. Hahaha! What a cute question.
      Yes! I cuddle with my dolls especially with the boys *wink wink
      My dolls sleep with me on my bed as well and when I'm scared of imaginary ghosts, i hug them :)

I occasionally kiss my doll---well, come to think of it, i have only kissed my favorite boy--only him.