1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you let your off-topic dolls in the same world as your BJD's?

Dec 14, 2016

1. I have several resin BJD's that are off-topic dolls/pet dolls by DoA's standards (like Doll Chateau Russell, Doll Family Tutu or Apodoll Hamanor) and who are in same stories as my "on-topic" resin dolls. I'm not sure if I'd include other type of dolls in them (like ABS plactic ones or like), but I'm not averse of the idea either - I just don't have non-resin dolls that would fit in the stories.

2. The only off-topic doll that remains in the same world as a BJD is my Ashley Wood BadBot, and this is mostly because he has formed a very interesting friendship with my almost characterless "Pip," and MSD Riz. All I really know about her is that she's an angsty tween.

Here's the troublemakers:
      [​IMG]

My other main off topic dolls are the wrong period or scale for my BJDs. I have a Big Pullip (Isul X Hujoo Io hybrid) who's a robot, and a little too technologically-advanced for my SDs. I also have some action figures and Pullips, both of which are too small for my SDs, and my only 1/6th scale doll is from the Renaissance, so she doesn't fit at all with my modern action figures.

3. I have two types of off topic dolls:
      -Monster High & Ever After Highs
      -A 3D printed pet doll

The MH's & EAH's are a world of their own, theyre absolutely not in scale or in the same style as the one bjd I own or any I plan to own.

I don't have the pet doll yet (ordered, waiting for him to be printed, painted, and shipped), but he *will* belong to the same world as my bjds. It's a 3D printed raven by Kayke Dolls. (:

4. I have a 3D printed little alien that is very much part of my resin crew. He symbolises the non-malicious, active and happy element in my MSD family. There is a small cat sculpture which is my pukifee's cat. It symbolises basic playfulness and incomprehension at complicated rules.

5. I've got two off-topic resin dolls (A dollchateau Larry and a handmade head on an impldoll body) that I love dearly and are a part of my story. I think that a lot of off-topic dolls aren't far enough removed from on-topic ones to be not included.

6. I have a couple of Tonners, a TaeYang, and several 17" LE Disney dolls (Disney dolls are displayed MIB) but my BJDs are totally separate. My BJDs I would consider to be my OCs, where all of my other dolls already belong to their own existing universe.

7. My OT event dolls are displayed with my bjds, but not my figmas or other action figures. Humm, my OT Vindoll would be Titan scale for the figmas. Maybe Levi has someone to fight after all...

8. I randomly throw them in to ruin a story when every thing is going bad to spice it up a bit lol

9. The ones who fit aesthetically, absolutely. I have a whole gang of various tiny faery creatures and they all interact, On and off topic.

On the other hand, a bunch of my off topics just don't match the on topic dolls. Wrong scale, wrong look.

10. I've got dolls in a few different 'worlds' and for the most part if they fit in together aesthetically for me whether or not they're on topic doesn't matter.
      Even size differences doesn't control who fits in where I've learned, since my MSD Vish (doll love Kaja) rarely is seen without cuddling one of my tinies on his lap - usually my OT jun planning ai girl Moss.

11. It depends on the doll. I have too many brats to let them be with my Bjds, as well as barbies and monster high dolls.