1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like the smell of resin?

Jul 19, 2014

1. I adore it!
      It really scratches than "freshly opened, new and exciting" feeling that I was raised on from gloss trading cards, miniture kits, magazines etc.

2. No, it makes me cough! I usually have to air everything out.

3. I like it when it's a very faint scent. Enough to catch it but not smother in it.

I like the 'new doll smell' when I first open a box. I keep my dolls in a bedroom with the door shut, and I like how the resin scent is just barely there when I open the door.

But I don't like an overwhelming scent. When I first opened my April Story girl, the smell was so strong, I was concerned she wasn't properly cured. She was fine, but that's the strongest resin I've smelled.

4. So far I don't really like it. It's so strong and smells very chemically xD

5. *sniffs dolls* You know it never occured to me to smell them lol. I've had them right up against my face and I can't say i've ever noticed an aroma. *shoves head into doll* mmm, just kinda smells plasticky to me. I can't smell much.

6. I only have one ABJD. When I first opened her box, all I detected was a faint scent of plastic. It didn't bother me. I barely noticed. Maybe I don't mind new resin, or maybe I was too allergic at the time to tell. It was a rainy, moldy month with mushrooms popping up everywhere, so I couldn't smell very well. Atchoo, atchoo!*_*

#186 operadoll, Mar 26, 2017
      Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    7. Yes! Sometimes I'll just quick sniff Drugo just because. It's kind of a fresh scent to me :XD:

8. No :( I'm still new to the hobby so maybe it's an acquired like. A former roommate of mine who was a big collector talked about how exciting the "new resin smell" was. I thought it was bizarre. Now that I've been collecting parts for hybriding one of my dolls and I get these new pieces in the mail freshly cast and...I dislike it. I find the smell so off-putting. And I get to keep re-experiencing it again and again @_@ Not my cup of tea, sadly. But a good airing out and so far everyone I've ordered from drops the smell fairly quickly. I'm curious as the items are stored long term in a contained spot though if the smell will come back. It could just be that I got used to the smell and thus am not noticing it like I had before.

9. I don't like it when it's really strong. When I bought one of my very first dolls the odor was terrible. I contacted the seller to complain. I felt like such a dummy after she explained what the smell was. Prior to that all of my dolls were secondhand so they didn't have that "new car smell". I've learned a lot since then.

10. I don't mind. It belongs to this hobby :)

11. I have just received to day a brand new DF body in its original box and satin matelas, but it smells so much like acetone, I thought only recast smells that way, however this body is brand new from a very well known eBay seller Jeryama;
      Does any one here have received a DF doll with such a strong smell ? i did have a D.F. doll before but it was a second hand and it did not smell anything;
      Thanks for the help !

12. I'm indifferent. It's certainly a smell, that's for sure. Well, my nose is weird since I love the smell of bleach.

13. Yes! I adore it:love *sniff sniff*:wiggle

14. I love it! I have just received my Crobi Yeonho and I can't help but sniff him sometimes :XD: I associate this smell with good memories, like box openings and the excitement of having a new doll home.

15. Yes, I love it!! xD

16. Resin smells sooooooooo good to me :kitty1
      Especially that ~*new resin smell*~ there's something magical about it that makes it smell even better

17. I've never really noticed the smell. I have a low ability to smell anyway, but I guess I'll see when I am near my doll next.

18. The smell of resin is lovely, especially when I have my doll in arms and look down at his little head, I feel like it's so cute when the faint smell touches my nose.

19. Love it <3 That smell always comes with a new doll and that huge excitement and all these nice feelings... I just love how they smell :D

20. I’m not a fan of resin smell at all tbh