1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like the smell of resin?

Jul 19, 2014

1. Somewhat, but it can't be too strong.

2. I've literally never smelled the smell of resin until I got my newest doll. I had him for maybe an hour and decided to take a whiff. It... I hear a lot about some dolls just having a crazy new resin smell and I just... Don't detect it?

3. Yes and no.

My old dolls from 2006/2007 have a very, very faint resin smell, and this I'm ok with. The smell takes me back to those times so it's very nostalgic for me. I had a long break from the hobby (almost 10years..) but I can't remember my older dolls ever having that strong of a smell.

And then I got a new Minifee late last year.. when I opened the box I was so shocked how toxic the doll smelled (came with company face up some more). Because it smelled so overwhelmingly strong and toxic I couldn't even handle the doll for sometime, I let it air out in a closet. I put the doll box outside to air. I just absolutely hate the smell and it's sort of scary too! I sent the head for a new face up and stored the body with my old dolls and now the storage box reeks of the new resin.. :doh I will probably have to air the body outside when the weather gets warmer.

4. At first I hated it. After a new days I got used to it, and now I sort of like it :kitty2

5. None of my dolls really had any strong resin smell when I got them. It has been ten years since the last one I got so I barely can remember honestly! I am waiting on a minifee and they are notorious for the strong smell... more than likely I'll air her out cause I'm not a fan of strong resin or paint smells.

6. I have an absolutely lousy sense of smell, so I haven’t noticed anything when I’ve opened my new dolls.

7. I couldn't smell anything at first when I opened my new doll.
      But once I kept them in a closet (they stay in their boxes), I put them to the side I don't really open, and one time I opened that door the smell of resin just flooded out of the closet.
      I liked that very moment and still think of it every time I'll take my doll out. Though I don't think it was the smell it self that I fancy but the fact that my beautiful dolls carry this smell. :whee:

8. Yes, I love it :whee:

9. I like it because I associate it with the feeling of getting a new doll, I think.

10. Oh gosh- YES, I love the smell of resin!!! :kitty1

11. I wouldn't say that I love the smell of resin but I certainly don't hate it. I guess I prefer my dolls to smell like resin aka the material they're made of rather than anything else :lol:

12. Yes I like the new resin smell ! It's a sweet smell that makes me in joy ^_^

13. I can't smell it?? I guess maybe because it's not strong on my doll or maybe because my doll isn't super new..that's interesting though. :lol:

14. I love the resin smell. But I don't bury my face in the doll or the box to take a big whiff. I'll only smell it when I open the newer boxes. And even though I always intend to unstring and rinse my dolls when I get a new one I somehow never get around to doing it. Mostly because I'm afraid I'll never get it restrung right but also because I usually forget by the time I actually get it home...

15. I HATE it. I feel like I'm poisoning myself every time it creeps into my nose and I end up gagging or subconsciously holding my breath.

Thankfully my dolls have all been sitting in stock for a while before I bought them, so the smell isn't strong and I only ever get faint traces of it. I'm not really looking forward to the smell of the freshly-made dolls I have coming. :horror:

16. I've always been into weird smells (ex: gasoline) and I love the smell of resin. It's one of my favorite parts of getting a new doll!

17. I LOVE the smell of resin haha. Sometimes I just like to pick up my doll just to give her a sniff.

18. I like the smell most of the time, if it's not overpowering. I like to take a brand new doll out of the doll box and just breathe in the scent of it. Sometimes when cleaning an older dolls that scent will come back, then the doll smells clean and new again.

19. I never noticed the resin smell. Until I got my SD DoDollsDream and had her in my doll cabinet. The first time I opened that cabinet after she had been in there and I got a whiff of that smell it was :love
      Hits a good spot in my nose brain lol

20. No. The smell of resin always makes me feel dizzy, so I prefer second-handed dolls. I sold one new doll last week the time i recieved her just because of the smell.