1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like the smell of resin?

Jul 19, 2014

1. I don't like the smell of resin, but I love the smell of gasoline... is that strange? LOL!

When I opened my Minifee up, I was like OMG that smell is STRONG! It will knock you out if you aren't prepared for it lol.

2. I am not sure I have ever smelled a specific smell to resin. I will always love the scent of a new vinyl doll - it always smelled like Christmas to me, as I was always waiting for my new Christmas doll. When I was very small I use to carry a little vinyl coin purse around that smelled just like my new Christmas Dolly

3. Ahahahaha XD
      This is kinda funny. I smelled resin with epoxy glue, if that counts. And I didn't like it at all! But I do like spray paint smells. This is sounding very weird...but yeah

4. Unboxed my latest arrival earlier, and now my office is full of new resin smell. It's delightful.

5. The smell of a new doll is like a new car smell to me! haha! I love it so much~

6. Yeah I like it :)

7. I liked the way my Johnny smelled when I opened up his box. I got that first whiff and commented to my mother "Oh, so that's what resin smells like!" It reminded me a little of the paint thinner my dad would use when he painted his model airplanes, only not as pungent. Alistair didn't smell at all; he's a second-hand doll, so I assume any resin smell he had wore off long ago. So yeah, I like the smell of resin as long as it's not too strong. I'm still relatively new at the hobby so I'm willing to bet some dolls will smell stronger than Johnny did. But so far I like the way resin smells.

8. No, I hate it. It gives me the impression that the doll is toxic or something like that. At least, the smell usually disappears quickly.

9. I have a weak nose so I can't really smell anything unless I put my nose right up to the doll, in that case I guess it's an okay smell, No opinion really -u-

10. I Love it! It's the smell I associate with a new doll arrival <3

11. Fortunately, my resin never smell bad. It was decent but I never bothered about it :)

12. I love the smell of resin, I wish the smell would last longer it has such clean fresh scent :chibi

13. I don't hate-hate it, but to say that I like it? Not really...

14. I'm indifferent about it. I utterly hate the smell of vinyl, but resin isn't horrible in my opinion. My boy smells strong. Like very, very strongly of resin, but that is probably because I normally keep him in the box he came in, closed, and covered with a cloth until it's time for photos or an outfit change. I wouldn't say I like the smell, but I also don't dislike it.

15. I honestly never really smelled anything much.. I never understood when people in unboxing videos talk about the smell :lol:

16. At first I didn't smell it and was wondering about all the blabber about "new resin smell". Then one day I sneakily opened my doll's headcap and smelled the inside of his head. It was there! It's not a good smell but I sometimes have to sniff again and again to remember how it was.

17. I couldn't smell much when I opened the box but the little that I did smell, I enjoyed. I wish it had a stronger resin smell

18. I love the smell of resin
      It's one of my favorite parts of opening a new doll

19. Does the chemical smell ever disappear completely? I haven't bought my first doll yet and I don't mind a temporary smell that will fade away completely or that I can remove completely by airing it out, washing it or by some other method but, I probably won't buy one if the chemical smell is permanent. The dolls are beautiful but the smell seems dangerous.