1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you make clothes for your doll?

Sep 17, 2010

1. I make ALL my boys' clothes. Saves money, and I learned a new skill! I still want to save up and eventually be able to get everybody one nice company outfit apiece, but for now I'm happy with the clothes I make, and I'm quickly learning how to make better, more complicated outfits. Plus, I find sewing fun :)

2. I do make clothes for my dolls, but haven't for a long time. And in that long time I know my skills have grown (sewing for myself) so I'm actually really excited to make them new stuff since some of what they have is kind of sad looking. I also love making things for other dolls (I have two boys, so my sister's girls get the girlie stuff I want to make but can't put to use on my boys)

3. I try to xD
      but not many success stories from that department...
      I did make a rabbit for him, about the only thing I made that didn't later fall apart QvQ

4. I wish I could make clothes for my dolls but I have zero sewing ability since I know it would be cheaper then buying clothes all together. I could start by sewing hats and small stuff like and I would love to crochet dresses for my dolls since crocheting seems like a lot of fun.

5. Yes, I make most of their clothing. I enjoy sewing, and that's one of the ways I "play" with my dolls. I'm not against buying things, however, if there's something that particularly catches my eye.

6. I wish I did... I've tried, but I just don't have the patience to sew seams that small.

Maybe one day though.

7. Nope! I would like to learn, someday, but I just don't have space for a sewing area and I don't have the patience to hand sew everything. I have made a couple of simple things, though I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I am just not someone who sews for their dolls. *shrugs*

8. Yes, for me, a big part of the fun of these dolls is making outfits for them. I haven't tried wigs and shoes, but I have made several outfits...even bought an awesome new sewing machine so that I could make clothes for my dolls. :-)

9. I do! He just came home today, and he already has a set of comfy pajamas (which are way too big for him X3) and almost half a ren faire costume. He'll get the rest of his wardrobe over break when I have access to the rest of my fabric. The only things I think I may buy for him are gloves and shoes.

10. i have to as i cant realy afford the beautiful ones online, i realy need a printer tho so i can print patterns rather then hazily sketch them out and hope it works

11. I sew for my girls a lot~ Only because they're dressed very simple right now (t-shirt & leggings, etc.), but I do hope to buy them more professional clothes in the future! XD

12. I haven't gotten my first doll yet (he'll be on his way soon I hope!) but I've always loved sewing, and I've previously made handmade dolls and clothing for them before. It was kind of an added bonus, really, to be able to make clothes for my doll(s). I think that might be why I also picked a Tiny first, so that I'm not trying to make big pieces of clothing.

Plus, everything looks so much cuter on a Tiny! Laces, buttons, and accessories are all oversized and adorable on them~

13. I sew all of my dolls' clothes, that was one of the main reasons I got them. I used to costume for theater and got thoroughly burned out on that, but it's still fun to costume for little resin people. I can use fabrics that are very expensive because it doesn't take much. I've also sewn a couple of wigs and am going to try wefted ones and have made a couple of simple pairs of shoes and boots, though I prefer to buy my boots.

14. ...Is it sad that I've purchased the fabric and roughed out the patterns for my doll's first outfit, and she won't be ordered until next spring?

15. I knit for my boy. I have a friend who sews for him.

16. I just made the first outfit for my doll (from just using the measurements on the site XD). And I plan on sewing more for her. It's just that doll clothes are really up there in the prices and seeing as I sew already and I have TONS of scraps, it'd be pretty easy to make my own doll clothes. what's nice too, one can make just ONE thing from a set of clothes that you like a lot but don't care for the rest of the set. x3 And customize it to your liking too!

17. Sewing is one of the big draws for me with dolls. I have made doll clothes since I was a kid, cut up old fabric and wrap it around my Skipper, no Barbies for us, she was to "mature". I just drafted my first two patterns by buying a sloper. It made everything really fit!

18. Making your own doll clothes is a major part of the fun in owning bjds! Unfortunately I discovered that sewing for a doll that hasn't arrived yet is hazardous even though I followed the official measurements, I ended up with sleeves that are way over long!

19. i will when i buy my first!^__^

20. When I have the time between sewing for other people's dolls. XD
      I would like to make more for my dolls, but there are some things I am still trying to develop the perfect pattern for, or I just can't find the right fabric or notions that I want for the design. Then I'll see something that I want that's already made and I just decide to buy it instead.