1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you make clothes for your doll?

Sep 17, 2010

1. I figured that I would make some of clothes, I measure using my friends dolls. I have a sewing machine in the box, might as well use it. So far I am putting the finishing touches on some pajama parts, they are a bit easier.

2. I actually plan on sewing most of Damane's wardrobe as soon as I have more time. I've done tons of sewing in the past both with a machine and not and I love designing stuff and sewing it. I can't wait to go shopping for fabrics but I just have no time right now between my more than full Grad School load, work, my horse and my dog =*(

3. I will definitely be making clothing for my boy boy and girl when I finally have the money to get them. I'm into very historic and fantasy styles of clothing and never see the specific type of items that I want when looking around. I'll by some of the more urban/modern/casual stuff but the other stuff I plan on making.

I'm doing design sketches already and don't even have the money saved up to purchase the yet!

4. I love love love making clothes for my dolls. I make my own patterns, too, which can be a pain in the butt until I get it right. It's not that I don't like buying clothes for them, but there's something about making your own and doing it yourself that makes it really special. Plus, I love it when someone asks me where I bought Chae-ri's black velvet EGL dress and I can say with pride "I made that!"

5. Well I'm learning :XD: but I would love to be able to eventually make really awesome stuff for my dolls :) I need to learn how to use the sewing machine better lol.

6. For the girls, yes, I make clothes for them as I've accumulated LOTS of fabrics for doll clothes (originally for when I used to make clothes for fashion dolls) over the years, and it's a shame not to use them now that I've sold said fashion dolls. However, it's really slow going as this is the first time I've had to draft patterns since they all have different body measurements and resizing commercial patterns just don't provide a good fit. Plus, it's really hard to find the type of clothes I'd like for them to wear without having to pay close to $400 for it, so it's so much cheaper to just make the clothes ... unless the sewing machine breaks ... which it did last week while I was in the middle of making a gown for one of the girls :(. Had to handsew the rest of it and it took the better part of 4 hours, but at least she's not naked anymore :XD: (only headless *lol*).

For the boys, since I don't have a lot of experience making clothes for boy dolls, and there are lots of places that sell the kind of clothes I'd like for them...yeah, I just buy them the suits. Someday, though, I'm hoping to make them the suits myself.

7. I do not yet, but i'm thinking in buy a pattern book and start to sew some.

8. I make some of my crew's outfits, but I just don't have the time or the skill to make everything for them.

9. I kinda do, but I prefer to commision. Who knows who you're helping out by just buying a piece of doll clothing.

10. I have to make clothes for my own dolls. It's a pain finding puki clothes that don't look childish. It also doesn't help that I'm saving for bigger dolls.

11. I recently started making clothes for my dolls only because i don't have the luck required to persuade my mom to let me get them some online...o3o

Also, i want to try and make different styles too, instead of limiting myself to what i see online. Only thing is..i kinda cheat when i make them....I hardly EVER have time to just sit down and sew (i don't have a sewing machine either) so i just use hot glue. It turns out pretty good, i must say. So far, ive only made a pink and white lace dress for my BBB isabella and a (rather rough looking) Jacket for my puki. I'm going to try and make some more soon, i just have to work on getting them to look decent

12. I make 98% of all my dolls clothes because the clothes they wear doesn't exist outside of my imagination. I have a few dolls who wear normal clothes, but one of them tends towards really bad/loud patterns and I can't find that anywhere. I knit and sew their clothes and I enjoy doing it and making unique pieces.

13. Yeah. I've made a lot of clothes for my dollies actually....

I just made a dress for my tiny girl the other day. XD

14. Yes. I make sew most of clothes for my dolls. Pants are my weakest link. I detest making them, even if I do force myself to make some, but I do end up buying pants. Everything else I'm glad to make and it's part of the fun me, creating their styles.

15. I am really enjoying sewing. I am still a beginner, but I find it really rewarding....except when it fails miserably. But even then its all a learning process and I try to remember that.

16. i do sew sometimes, but after my failed attempt at jeans, i decided to stick to just t-shirts and raglan tees. haha. i hand sew though, so it takes rather long.

17. As I really like sewing and knitting, I ONLY do! ; )

For example, one of the last clothes I did

[​IMG]

18. I take great pride in sewing all my dolls' clothes myself - I draft the patterns myself, and every stitch is sewn by hand. My daughters love showing off the shelves where our dolls live to visitors and telling them how I handmade every single garment worn by them.

These are the two most recently-made outfits:
      [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I do. I'm terrible at it, but that doesn't stop me :)
      I've made pants and a shirt and even a pajama complete with little slippers that didn't turn out too bad at all!
      Considering my mediocre skill, I'm quite happy with the results I've had so far...

20. No, I don't. I'd have to start from the beginning because I have never done any sewing ever.
      And without someone to teach me, I don't think I'll ever will.