1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you make clothes for your doll?

Sep 17, 2010

1. I try but lately I've been procrastinating it a lot XP

I have so many ideas but never get to it so it just stays in my head and every time I take a picture *when I take some* I wonder why the heck I did not make them stuff yet xP

Only one of them is in need of a faceup so I hope I'll store the paint and get the fabric out when I'm done :P

2. I try XD not exactly good at it, but I constantly search for new ideas and try to make even something relatively similar. It's fun and you learn as you do.

3. Well, yes and no. I haven't yet, but I plan to use leftover material from my Pikachu cosplay for one for my doll. However, I can barely sew and cut can't straight so my mom is goign to have to help xP

4. Yes ,I make clothes and other stuff for them . I have enough fabric to start a shop so I would be daft not to . I knit for them as well [loads of yarn in the cupboard ] . One of the best things about dolls is making things for them .

5. >_> Sometimes. And in an amateur way that's fairly passable. But I'm trying to improve (or ignore my mistakes |D" )

6. I like to sew, particularly for the larger dolls. Right now I have a bbb 50cm Luna I am trying to get a twin for, then I want to use some of those nice Gracefaerie patterns and make them some Lolita dresses. My smaller dolls I tend to buy for, I can sew for 43cm and thats ok, but all the tinies and 1/6s get Barbie clothes and other buy at Walmart type stuff, too small for fun sewing.

7. I do ^^
      My clothes do not really looks like the clothes that we can buy on BJD's websites, but I try to make it the better I can ! ^^

8. I used to sew clothes for myself ages ago but just don't have the time to sew for myself, or my dolls, anymore. Luckily, there are a lot of talented seamstresses out there so I don't have to. My time is worth more than even expensive clothes cost (well, sometimes)! ;)

9. i do sew.. but since i dont have a 60cm bjd.. i ended up sewing for my 27cm.. i did a top and a pant for Rini *pants is still in the process* and Sani a pants and a top .. i find it fun to sew.. but i find it a waste that i cant sew for anything bigger.. hehe.. still thinking of getting a obitsu 60cm or a dollfie dreams.. but they are not BJD.. *sigh* wondering to save up for which..

10. I make all my doll clothes, they sit naked till I make them something. I can sew, so I feel any money I have for this hobby would be better spent on the actual doll, and the occasinally eyes or a wig

11. I try to, I am getting better, but I'm still pretty terrible at sewing :XD: I really look up to people who can sew, especially since I fail rather epically. I attempted to make some jeans yesterday, which didn't work out at all. I have managed to make a decent pair of undies and a skirt though, so I do have very basic sewing abilities which I utilize as best I can to make stuff for my dolls.

12. I don't sew anymore so I do have a person that loves to sew and has made a few interchangeable outfits, but mostly I have bought clothes or gotten them as gifts from family.

13. I'm a pretty lousy sewer, don't own a sewing machine, and patterns just confuse the hell out of me so I make things with foam, wire, craft glue, and thread only when needed.

I just finished a large feather "collar" that ties under the shoulders for my bjd to use in photo shoots using said wire, foam, feathers, velvet trim and glue. It looks like a wardrobe piece from "Velvet Goldmine". And I'm adding a large feather ruffle onto a jacket I got at a swap meet. I just need to add the necessary chains and rhinestones and it will be good to go. I can't make the jacket but I can make the jacket look fabulous! :)

14. I love making clothes for my dolls. I also love buying them too!

15. I will be. I have a specific look in mind for my doll. :)

16. I try. But I'm pretty lazy and have no skills. But I've managed with the small black dress. And I like the result.
      Sometimes I look at BJD-clothes on special websites and think something like "Omg! Such a price! It's not too different and I'll be able to sew it too". хD

17. I have made a few things and plan on lots more. I am a costumer and have been sewing for 28 years. I plan on making lots of clothes and accessories for Nina and her friends.

18. Yes. I've made most of their clothes~~ I enjoy it~

19. I attempt to. I don't really know how to sew but I am trying to teach myself so I can.

So far I found out I'm better at making pants than I am at shirts.. but!! I'm getting there. xD

20. I've tried making one pattern out of a Volks book, and will probably try to redo it now that I'm in a house with a sewing machine, but I have a hard time with sewing. I'd much rather turn to people who are good at it. It would be really nice to be able to do it, but I'd prefer the result to be good and without far more investment of time and patience than I think I could manage I doubt I'd ever be happy with the results.