1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you manage your doll information?

Jun 26, 2018

1. Since I never sold a bjd before, I dont really need to store those infos, the doa profile is enough to put those informations (you may think I dont have it when you see my profile, but its in draft).

2. I try to remember the year I bought the doll, the mold, and the company. I also try to note if it's second hand or company bought. I try to keep all the boxes I got them with too. Unfortunately when Dairy Land shut down, I hadn't been as thorough here as I was there and I lost a lot of information, which made me sad. Some day I'd like to remake my database and record all relevant things.

3. I try to keep some basic info in a notebook, mostly company, sculpt, and how much I paid, so the family will be able to sell them... I would hate for my hubby to just take them to a Goodwill shop if something happened to me. Don't think I will let him see the prices while I'm still alive though!

4. I don't record dates, although I probably should start that... and with company and scupts I tend to only get a doll if it meets my extremely picky criteria and I just have to have it... so my collection is small enough to remember without anything written...
      However I think the idea is great, and I'm going to start keeping more accurate account :) thank you for the great idea:thumbup

5. I have a set of Excel worksheets that not only list all my doll purchases, but all the clothes, wigs, eyes, and shoes. Yeah, I'm a little compulsive that way.

6. Aye. Month and year of arrival. What skintone. Where from, and whom if it's notable. Whether secondhand or first. If I get a good deal, I add the price- a case study of why it doesn't have to cost thousands to be pro-artist and own high-end dolls.

7. So many replies! Thank you all! I think it's really interesting to see how others get along with so much doll-information. I amaze people who can remeber just the year of purchase (I can't) :XD:

Excel or other spreadsheets seems a good thought to me! Clever! But i want to do further is to improve my file cards and write doll-equipment notes on the back, like perfect eye-sizes with company, wig sizes with company, shoes...all this annoying size-specific stuff :roll:

8. I just went through my e-mail history four years back just to figure out the exact "birth date" of my doll. I could not just make it up for her, I had to know the "truth". I guess, different people have different attitude towards facts and their importance (:

9. I keep a list of sculpt name and when they arrived, so far i sold 2, both to my friends so i still see them once awhile. I dont rem their birthday tho must look at their coa. Price wasnt included cos in case my bf see it, lol

10. Uh - I got around 40-ish dolls and know where the certificates of those are that came with one? Too much work! ;)

11. What size is this card cause I have a post about my pukipuki equipment and its really big, I dont think it would fit only in an A3 page.

12. I can tell you the arrival dates of my current crew based on social media posts (first picture is usually hours after arrival quite on purpose) and I have all their CoAs carefully stored, but that’s about it. I don’t worry about dolls I’ve sold, because there’s no reason to hold on to that information after years and years (I’ve been in the hobby for a while, haha).

13. I've been meaning to keep a list of measurements of my dolls with me when I go out to the thrift store, especially since I realized that one of my girls fits into a porcelain doll dress perfectly. I need to keep better records of their measurements in general, since my first doll was discontinued not long after I ordered him and I just bought another discontinued sculpt 2nd hand.

14. Once my collection got over 10 dolls, I started keeping an excel spreadsheet. It's been very useful. I keep electronic copies of my more receipts, because of the recast problem, but not as much detail for some of the older dolls. Useful for insurance as well.

I tried to start one for the clothing, shoes, wigs, etc, but that got to be too much, LOL.

15. I have a note book with all the informations about my dolls; when they were made, how much they cost, details about their body / eye size, ... Very useful if I just want to look up some information like which wig size fits which doll :XD:

16. Do to the recent issues with recasts, I contacted my manufacturer, Luts to be specific, and requested new copies of CoAs for all my dolls. My first doll was made prior to CoAs but they made me one anyway since I had my order information still in their system. I even was able to get one for a secondhand doll, because the original owner kept their purchase info! So it's helpful when you resell.

I keep the CoAs in a little business card wallet in one of my carriers. I think organizing some info is a really good idea for ease of access, but also I feel currently it's really important to have some info like CoAs on hand just in case. I know some conventions ask to see some proof of authenticity if you wanna display, compete in faceup challenges, ect, so having the CoAs in my carrier is really nice.

17. I don't really manage information for dolls, but I have a note on my phone listing all dolls and doll related staff I have with price. This can help me when I want to sell something. I don't care when I buy second hand doll, but I keep all CoAs in a box.

18. I have an app called Memento Database I love to use. There's a lot I can record on there, which usually includes basic sculpt names and year of purchase, but also what year the doll was manufactured if possible (since most of my dolls are secondhand), who I bought the doll from and where, and also all the really irritating info I can never keep straight, like eye size and Leekeworld wig names. I love the app, but I am working on making a print copy as well.

19. I've been wanting to do this for a while, and especially utilize the DoA doll profiles feature where you list the year/provenance. For now I have them listed "chronologically" (in order of purchase) in my profile on here. That way I at least have a basic idea of who came before/after who. X'D

20. I save the emails verifying when I ordered them, layaway payment confirmations, stuff like that.