1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you mind getting your dolls wet?

Jun 20, 2009

1. i havent yet but i do plan to do a few photoshoots with water, like ponds and streams. i'm not worried about taking them apart and restringing afterwards. it would be worth it for the photos. :)

2. Personally I wouldn't do it. However since you have plans for a photoshoot, I can understand why you'd do it. When I read the title of the post I was hoping, seriously, that it wasn't someone asking others if they 'take baths with their dolls' because I would've made my big chair fall over and I would've died under it from shock. lol haha

Well when you do take those pics I'd be curious to see them! :D

3. As for myself, I actually "bath" them once a month, I think it's a really good way to clean them. Well, I'll wash their cloth and wigs seperatly, :P

4. i wash my dolls every now and again if they're dirty or dusty, but i don't submerge them in the water, only surface wash them with a clean sponge. i like seeing pics of dolls in water. mostly because i'm not brave enough to do it myself :lol:

5. Makes sense sorta. I am also a figurine collector and read somewhere that some people wash their figurines. I'm somehow not ready to risk a 200+ figurine or doll by putting it in water. How immune are our dolls to water.

It would depend on the origin of the doll I guess and how well everything is set in place. I still don't know enough about face ups to do what I please with my dolls. If someone can tell me more please do! (edit: That's kind of lazy of me huh. I should look around and dig for this info T_T )

6. I wouldn't want my doll completely soaked, I'd be like flipping out and stuff (doesn't know how to re-string a bjd) but I do have in mind having a photoshoot of my doll wet. Now, I'm not gonna dive him in a bucket of water =.=' I'll just use a spray thingy (like the one you use for your hair, but filled with water) and just spray it wherever...

7. I'm too scared to get my doll wet... I heard here on DoA somewhere that if you submerge them, and don't take them apart to dry, they will get MOLDY! >< I'm to scared to take her apart, which makes me scared to get her wet (but I wish I could ^^)

8. I've seen this question before. Some of my friend who are owning many dolls showed me that I shouldn't soak dolls 'cause water will damage the joints and smear the face-up. If dolls get dirty or something like that, I think I'll find the tender way to clean them. Pics of dolls in water are not bad at all, but I won't do this with my dollies.

9. Like others have said, I would never submerge any of my dollies in water.
      But I actually DID take my boy Shiki out for a photoshoot, in the pouring rain. The pictures turned out beautifully and I made sure he was all dried out afterwards-no restringing necessary, in my case.
      (Honestly, I was more worried about him sliding down the hill than the water damage. :lol:)

10. I wash my girl with a wash cloth every now and then.. But I don't douse her in it.. Like most people have said. XD
      One, 'cause I don't know how to restring her.. So it wouldn't be a smart idea. Lol.
      But maybe if I did, and didn't mind the process. I might do it every blue moon. But I can'ts. o uo;

11. a little bit won't hurt, I use a little water to clean my doll with every now and then, not swimming though XD

12. I wash my doll with a wet cloth or wet magic eraser...
      As for submerging, I doubt I would do it, unless I ever had some sort of photoshoot in water.
      I'd definitely take him apart afterward and dry him out completely, though.
      I'd only ever use fresh water. Not salty ocean water, or a chlorinated pool. I don't know if anything's been experimented with that, but I can only imagine it'd be bad for the resin.

13. Water shots are gorgeous, but I'm far too nervous to get my dolls wet.

14. Well, the only time when my doll get bits of water on him is when I wash him with a wet sponge, but I dont think I have the guts to fully or half submerge him in water, after reading what can happen to your doll if you dont fully dry it properly...

15. the only thing the water would hurt would be the elastic. but i personally wouldn't want to get my boy wet. i don't want him to be possibly damaged

16. I know that water doesn't really 'hurt' the dolls, but still I am quite afraid to get them wet. I'd love to do a shoot at the sea one time, but I am too afraid to do that. :sweat Just me being too paranoid or something.

17. Not really, restringing them is easy for me, even though it HURTS getting the stringing tight enough >.< but I'm okay with them getting wet as long as their face-up is okay and it's not in like, dirty lake water or something.

Random question,

Would saltwater (Ocean) tear up a BJD's face-up?

Just wondering, cause I go to the beach sometimes

18. There is no way I'm submerging mine, or even getting her wet on purpose. Maybe just to wipe her down now and again, nothing more.

19. Only gotten their feet wet (girls only) @O@

20. or possibly get moldy