1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you mind if your dolls look similar?

Mar 23, 2010

1. I'm weird, I actually want my dolls to look alike xD Well, my 3 main girls at least because they're sisters. Two of them are the same brand so they look very similar anyway, but now I'm trying to find the similarities between them and my new girl thats from a different brand. On the other hand, I want my boy dolls to look nothing alike. Since they're supposed to be the older girls' boyfriends, I want them to show how different their tastes are in men. So yeah, I pretty much on the fence :)

2. It depends on the individual doll--normally I have a very good idea of what they look like when I'm buying stuff for them. Some of mine have the same hair and eye color because they're related to each other. But it's all about what works for the individual character--some may look really different and some more similar and that's ok.

3. I do want to have a lot of variety.. I just picked out a doll that has a happy expression and small boobs, partly because the doll I already have is sad with big boobs. XD; (I was indecisive, but that helped my decision.) And all the bodies I want are EXTREMELY different in joints and style. Not for the sake of just having them look different, really, but because they're just all so interesting I want each one.
      I haven't thought much about different fashions or anything though... I think there are some things I won't mind being the same, (short fluffy hair for everyone!) but people/dolls can still look WAY different even if a lot of individual features are similar. :3 It only takes a couple special traits to make a doll unique.

4. I really mind this, lols. I want my dolls to be diff from each other, it's no fun if they look like each other o______O It's another case if they're related or even twins, then I want to dress them up in the same style XD

5. I would only do that in a circumstance where the molds were somewhat similar (i.e., migidoll ryu and jina) , unless they were supposed to be siblings. Luckily, none of my dolls look like each other in any way, except that they all have brown hair in different shades....

6. Well... since a couple of the characters I want to eventually 'shell' in dolls look like the same sculpt*, I guess I don't. I mean, the hair, eyes, clothes, and couple-odd faceup details would be different, but yeah. Doesn't bother me.

*not counting the twins.**

**or the fact that I seriously want every colour of Machina ever...

=^__^=
      Anneko

7. I don't mind if they look similar. My tastes gravitate toward certain brands and sculpts.

8. I think maybe the doll would choose what would be best for them. If they look a little similar, I suppose their personalties would separate them from each other. Just as long as you don't go trying to pick up one and accidently pick up the other, I think it should be fine :)

9. I have two girls the same mold, my friends call them twin.
      I don't mind.

10. I noticed just a few weeks ago that all my dolls but one have red hair. I don't know how that happened. I must unconciously like the look? Other than they are mostly tinies, they don't really look alike.

11. Eventually I want to get a girl who has a very strong resemblance to Cain, because she is his twin sister. However, they're not going to look identical firstly because they're not (you can't get identical twins that are different genders) and secondly because each has their own personality, and they don't actually like each other. At all. Other than that, however, I like my dolls to look like the characters they represent so if the characters look similar, the dolls will. It's really that simple for me.

12. I don't want my dolls to all have the same hair, eyes and fashion sense, nor do I want them to have the same basic face sculpt (I wouldn't want all basically smiley girls, for example), but I would want them to look alike in the sense that they seem to work together. Does that make sense? I'd want them to have a sense of unity without looking identical so they'd look pleasing all together as a group.

13. I purposely tried to have all my dolls look different. None of them are related by blood so there's no reason to have them resemble each other. With all the different choices available I wanted to have a variety.

That being said, I ended up with two boys with red hair, and two dolls with amber eyes. That's because the hair suited the character. Both boys have a 'red haired face' and no other color hair suites them. It's the same with the two dolls that have amber eyes. The eyes are the best choice for their hair color, which is different from each other.

When I bought a 'wife' for one of the red headed boys, I saw another owners doll (same mold as my girl) with red hair and she looked beautiful. I was tempted to make mine a red head too, but then she would have looked like her husbands sister and not his wife, so I didn't!

14. I actually just realized that I like a lot of male dolls that have a sort of half closed eye effect. It's just something I like XD And at first I wasn't sure if they'd look too similar to each other but then decided, "Pffffttt, whatev~ they're going to be different anyways!" It's the same with the two girl BJDs (one I'm waiting for and the other I plan to get sometime). They actually have similar face shapes and eyes and their expression slightly similar as well. And I have wigs in mind that are the same exact styles. But in truth, I don't think it really matters. Although there are some similarities, it's my own style and what I'm interests are. ^^ So it works! It's me!

15. Other than the fact that they're all going to be male probably, I actually think my boys won't look too similar... But I don't mind it if they were...!

16. It depends. Most of my dolls have similiar themes because theyre all from the same story, but none of them really look the same. I mean, I've got two dolls with blue eyes, but the difference in their sculpts settles that for me(one's a BBB Apollo and the other is a teeny little pukipuki lol). I also have dolls who are twins, but thats intentional.
      I guess if I had two dolls that were unintentionally similiar looking it would bother me a little, but only because that would mean that I couldn't come up with two original, different character ideas- I would be unsatisfied with myself, but not with the dolls. It would bother me more if they were left wigless or unclothed.

17. How come YOU always think like ME?? Are you reading my mind???

Oh well save me typing time LOL

I will just second what is said above heeeheeeheeee

18. I have about 50 dolls on a wishlist (lol shhh...) and I try really hard to make sure none of them look alike. I don't see a point in owning two very similar dolls. Why own two then!

19. I've never minded that my dolls are similar. I have mostly elves, all from Luts and Fairyland. So sculpts look very similar (heck, I have two of the exact same mold, because they're mother and daughter, only one is tanned and one is white skin). Plus, being elves, they all tend to dress in the fantasy style and long hair. But even though they look similar in style it's still pretty obvious that they are different dolls.

20. I would like my dolls all to look unique, but in the case of the Dollfie Dreams I own the head selection is very small... there are about 4 head molds out right now and getting your hands on a custom one is pretty expensive so those look similar but the others are unique. I would never buy two of the same dolls though even if one had broken.