1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you name your group of dolls?

Sep 7, 2009

1. so far i only have a nickname for them as the Fantasy Misfits :) but they are from my stories which bare a different name teehee

2. I think a good handfull do, I know I do, but its a personal preference. If you want to do it, do it, if you don't then don't... no biggie ;D

I call mine Mannequins with Kill Appeal, the name doesn't relate really to my storyline per se but I think its spiffy (thank you Bowie lol).

3. The ranch. Because I always liked saying "meanwhile, back at the ranch..." :lol:
      Yes, I'm a goof. ;)

4. ... I just call mine "the dolls." I suddenly feel... uncreative now.

5. *giggle* Don't feel uncreative, bewaretheshort1. I'll bet yours actually have NAMES (*hangs head in shame...*)

My girls -- the soft-resin teenager and pre-teen -- kind of stuck the tag "The Baakay Bunch" onto mine and it's stayed there. It works as a top-level identifier, I guess, but what I really have are about four specific groups... the Kenshingumi, the Littles, the Elves and the minis (who have no particular name).

It really doesn't matter :). About the most use I get out of the Bunch name is searching for whattheheck was the last thing I posted... ;)

6. My little group is called Darkweaver House, hence my username. :)

7. I don't have a group of dolls yet. Lol. But with the next 5 I'm planning on getting. They will be groups of 3. And in mah story for them, I was thinking they should have a group name. So I could be easy to mention them all at one time. SO! Yeah. I'm not sure about the other dolls I've been wanting. But for those dolls, for sure I'll have a group name for them. What it will be, I still have no idea. But I have plenty of time to think about it. 8D

I have no decided, when I get a lot of BJDs. To name my group, The Storytelling Niche! BAM! 8D
      I think it makes sense.. Since I'm wanting to make, if not all, most of my dolls a story! FUNFUNFUN! :'D

8. I've decided to call my group (currently consisting of one :sweat) S.I.O.N. It's an acronym for 'Strange Is Our Normal'. :) Pronounced 'Sai-on'. I think collective names for our dolls are cute, but that's just my bias.

9. Yes! Mine are students of "The Hanabusa Academy". ^^ Or just "The Academy".

They'll have uniforms and a cool banner/website thing when I get around to it. >_>

10. I don't have a special 'title' for my collection, as it were. I think that if I had a serialized photostory going on about them, or if they actually all came from the same fictional 'universe' of mine, I might have... but as it stands, they are either "the resin heads" or, quite simply, "my boys". ;)
      -V

11. "The Crass Menagerie" IS clever. I like it. And I could easily apply it to some real people I know.

My SDs are named after the Nero Wolfe mysteries characters, and my MSDs are named after Proust's In Search of Lost Time characters, but I hadn't thought of giving them group names. Maybe now I will.

12. I have several distinct "casts" among this crew of mine... Cohesive groups of dolls that are all the resin avatars for related characters... But I wouldn't call the names I've given them particularly interesting or meaningful. They're simply a short-hand way to refer to the group in question.

13. Its not really an official name, but my mom and I nicknamed my kids The Breakfast Club just because I got bored one day and started posing them like the actors on the front cover of the DVD for photos. And the name just sort of stuck, Lol ^^

14. I never thought of this!! now I'm trying to come up with a name for my little resin family XD right now I just call them 'my boys':sweat

15. Iv come to call my place, The Fox Den, the past couple of years.. So Iv started calling my little group The Fox Crew. ^^

16. i just refer mine as "my/the resin kids". :)

17. Since my group consists of Alice OCs, and they're all of one family, I've dubbed them "The Mad House" (and things do get quite mad -__-' ), though in normal conversation, they're degraded to just "the kids" or "my crew". XD

18. Well, I call them "A team" and "B team" alpha team are my core favorites, beta team are the others... but I call them all my blushing skeleton crew/club.

19. I call them "My Girls" but once I get a boy (next on the list) thats out the window...
      Im trying to come up with a group name but its not going so well...

20. XD Sweet! I think I wanna have a name for my doll group now, seeing the creativity that I saw here 'n at!

Thanks everyone! It's so cool to see who names their doll groups, who doesn't, all sorts. *wuvs everyone* :kitty1