1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer 60cm or 70cm boys ?

Jul 14, 2008

1. I find clothing to be nearly impossible, but then I am looking for historical stuff mostly.

I ended up teaching myself to sew to address this problem. However, bigger size means bigger sewing projects.

In some ways, I regret having a 68 cm Dollmore model. I love her to bits, but sometimes I really wish I had stuck to a more standard size.

I also have a 65 cm Spinel from Soom and he is much easier to fit.

My bottom line is....it is easier to find clothes for standard sized dolls....which is usually around 60 cm.

2. Well, I have 2 60cms and my 70cm DZ Yuu. ^^ I've found it's easier to find clothes for the 60cm's than for Yuu...but he's on the new 70cm body, which you should know is taller and has longer legs so 'hound size' pants will be a little short. To me at least, it seems as if 60cm is a more popular/more owned size than 70cm...but it could just be me, I don't know the statistics. ^^;; I love my Yuu's size, and he poses well...but he needs to be hot glued to hold a few poses without springing out of them. He's a little tightly strung as well, which is fixible. ^^ Don't know if any of that helped. lol Good luck chosing your first! All three are great molds! <3

3. I was wondering about this myself. I think the Sky Souldoll I want is 70 mm and I'd never heard of that sieze till I saw her ^^; I feel more confident now about her...but there's still that Benetia I also like >_<

4. I like the 70cm dolls better... partly because I have had 3 70 and only had a couple of 60cm bodies for a while. I figure, if you love the doll enough then you will love it strait out of the box

there really is not much difference in physical size between the 60cm and the 70cm. When there is nothing to compare them too.

Dollshe and Dollmore Model doll are essencially the same body, the modeldolls being 3cm taller then dollshe and are the average size of most 70cm as far as waist, chest and arm lengths. Most stuff labled hound I have seen fit most of the 70s from what I have seen.
      Dollzone 70cm and 72cm are harder to buy for as they have bigger bodies then most of the other 70s on the market, My Dollzone Recall's pants are way too big for my Hound, Some Iplehouse pants are the oddly enough the right length for them though...

From what I can tell, as I dont own any 60cm dolls yet, most of the measurements are the same across the board for the 60s, the exception being Elfdoll which I have heard are fatter.

65cm dolls are a pain in the arse to buy for because most clothing is either for 60cm or 70cm.

5. Ok, wich do you think is best?
      I would like to know pros and cons for sll the sizes I list.
      60cm
      70cm
      80cm.
      I am just trying to get your idea on sizes.

6. It's really personal prefrence. 60cm is probably easiest to shop for. There are more clothes available, more accessories ect. There are definately more sculpts and companies to choose from. And some people find 60cm is the largest they really can handle comfortably. Now personally I still like 70cms best. It is harder to buy my 70cm boys clothes than my delf, they tend to be more expensive because they are harder to find and it is almost impossible to buy shoes for a dz70 old body. But Noble is still my favorite doll. He is the one most likely to go places with me and I find 70cms ideal size for carrying around (they are heavy but they fit in my arms just right). Dz70s are also kind of cuddly. I like that. I think you just find the mold you like and then you buy it whatever size it is.

7. Yah, I have found a doll that is a good size. I just need to get the money for him. He is 60cm.
      Thank you for your reply. ^_^

8. I'm currently trying to track down a 70cm girl actually, so I get that. Here's something I noticed though -- the large dolls are really an armful. They have this nice reassuring weight. My biggest doll is a Saiph, and she'd just awesome to pick up and, say, sit in your lap. I like the bigger dolls a lot. :)

9. It depends on what you like.

For 60cm dolls there are a lot of stuff (shoes, clothes..) to buy. But with more company's making 70cm dolls, you can find a lot 70cm stuff too now.
      For 80cm it is the most hard to shop for.

Personally I love 70cm. At this moment it is my favourite. But it is just a personal favourite. My 70cm dolls are a lot heavier to carry with me than my 60cm dolls. And they are a bit harder to pose. But I just love it when I am sitting on the ground and with my 70cm doll standing in front of me, which can look to me straight in the eyes. :lol: And I like 70cm dolls for being more mature. I love mature dolls.

I sew a lot of clothes myself, so I don't really mind that there aren't many clothes availible for 70cm dolls.

I can't tell anything about 80cm yet. I don't have any 80cm doll now, although I have 2 soom saiphs that I plan to buy.

10. I look at sculpt first and then at size. I happen to have 60, 70 and 80 cm dolls and it really is hard to get clothes for 80 cm dolls, but it is possible. I like 60 cm the best, because it's a nice cuddle and carry size. 70 cm dolls are usually a bit more mature looking (which I like) and I got my 80 cm doll because I liked the face. He is a bit intimidating and heavy, very difficult to shop clothes for, but I like him non the less.

I'd say if you really like a certain sculpt, don't let size get in the way. If you like the sculpt, you'll love the doll despite the size issues and make it work. If you are looking for an "easy" doll, I'd say go with 60 cm or maybe a doll between 60 and 70 cm, because there are many dolls between 60 and 70 cm.

11. Thank you all for your help.

12. I think we all need at least one in all those sizes :)

13. I have the gamut currently, 70cm, 60cm and msd. I tend to like the middle ground of 60cm. They are perfect to sew for since it's fairly quick and takes little fabric but the amount of detail possible is fantastic. I'm small so handling the 60cm dolls is more comfortable as well. The 70cm dolls are awesome and I do love my guy, but he's like a kid next to me. ^^;

14. I have mostly SD (60cm or so) dolls. I love that size for sewing purposes, as it is a great and comfortable scale to work with - not too large, like human clothes and not too small like barbie clothes.

I also love how nicely SD dollies fit in the crook of the arm, if you take them with you to a Con, or a meet, etc. Though, after a while they do get a tad heavy.

However, I also have a 15cm tall Pipos Ringo, and I just love the fact that I can "sneak" him into a smaller bag or purse, and take him along with me, without constantly drawing attention from passersby. :)

15. Style has decided size for me more than shopping for a specific sized doll. I loved my 60cm Zen but I find the sculpt on my DollZone wing is so much nicer, and there is more of an air to him, even though somehow they weigh the same! Domuya are HEAVY!

I think I prefer smaller sizes for the girl dolls, but taller male dolls seem to fit rather well. Although like most here I'm finding it a pain to get clothes for him, so I'm making a lot myself, or at least trying to! LArge size wigs are a bit of a pain too, but then pullips have large heads so you can always turn there :)

16. I love them all, I love big dolls so 80 cm is ideal for me. I've already ordered my first bjd and he is 70 cm. (I'm still on the fence about whether or not I want 90 cm or not)

17. I think the biggest plus for 60cm is the versatile options available if you're not a great seamstress or can't make your own shoes. They're also, typically, the most affordable and there are more of them than the others so there are many, many different head molds and body designs to choose from.

18. 60 cm doll are a lot of stuff ,is esay to find some boots , clothes etc .and part of them like head , body. , I love that ^^

19. I've had all 3 sizes and for me I like the 70cm best. As others have said the 60cm guys are easier to find clothing/shoes for, but they tend to be less mature sculpts and I'm drawn to the more mature/realistic sculpts so there is more of a selection that fits that criteria in the 70cm size (IMHO).

I have a MA at 80cm too, and I love him, but he is terribly hard to buy clothing for, and Soom doesn't do much to help us in that department. He can wear the same size shoes as the Super Gem boys though, so buying shoes to fit him is not much of a problem.

20. Ok sorry if its in the wrong place!

Ok so I've been looking around to get a new resin boy since my Afra elf has "died" :( So I wanted a big boy this time when I was wondering which do you think is better a 60cm or a 70cm. Such things like quality, poseability, etc.(ex: dollzones 60cm and 70cm or bobobies 60 and 70cm)