1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer Child or Adult Dolls? Why?

Feb 9, 2007

1. I only like adult dolls. I want them because they look sexy, not because they're cute.

2. I typically prefer more mature dolls, but I do love a cute face. It takes something special for me to be interested in a tiny or baby-faced doll. I much prefer the adult bodies, with their longer legs and slim bodies.

3. Adult by and far. All my dolls are adults, SD and MSD are just different species or class of faery.Of all the dolls Ive had only 2 have been yosd and they both got sold. I do plan on getting a couple of littlefees eventully, but they will be the adults of their race of fae, with pukifee size as their child down the line possibly.

4. I prefer adults over childs most of the time. Or at least young adults/adolescents.
      Some kids got really cute faces, but that's it. I can't really seem to bond with them.

5. I personally prefer the adult dolls (SDs), not sure why. Maybe it's because I find them more beautiful and I like having beautiful things (like diamonds). I don't mind the child dolls, they are adorable, but there's something about owning a big doll that's appealing to me.

6. Oh that's a tough one! I feel i go more to the kid dolls because of my art work. I do alot alot alot of cute chibi like things and I like the Yo-SD size best. I'm picky about the body type as well. I also like the feel in my hand when I'm holding one. I have yet to get my own Yo-SD but I plan to someday! ;w; I hope!

7. Tough one >.< I love both actually, but if I have to choose one, I will choose adult dolls (SD and SSD).
      I prefer adult bodies than tiny dolls, although they are of course heavy. There are more details and elegance in adult bodies (like curves, abs) that I really like. Also, adult bodies can be used as a model for drawing, which I often use (because I draw adults more than children) XD

8. All my dolls are very character driven and live in an "urban fairytale neighborhood". So I deliberately collect in a very eclectic way, with both adults and children, young preteens, etc...whatever the role calls for without having a personal preference for any age group.:) The most difficulty I've had has been size related because adult, mature looking male MSDs are hard to find...I had to participate in a MSD-sized minimee group order to get my main male character.:sweat

9. I prefer child ones because I don't like a lot of the adult's faces. Some are just too sombre or sad looking for my taste. I prefer adorable things, and the child dolls seem to have better faces. Not all of them, just a lot more. Also, I just feel more comfortable "babying" a child doll.

10. I am all for adult dolls because I do characters and most of them are adults and i like the look of adult dolls better.

11. i like my dolls to look somewhere between 12 and 25, i think. i don't feel like i can relate to an older doll since i'm only 22 and i'm one of those people who looks away like "ew, hideous" when someone is showing pictures of their little children, so i can't imagine liking a younger child doll.
      i think i really like teenage dolls because i learned a lot as a teenager and i want to portray the same learning experience in my dolls' characters or something.

12. I prefer adult dolls.

13. definatly the older dolls around SD size, that doesn't mean i wont buy a child doll XD i have a few young characters so i will end up buying a couple

14. WHile my wish list is mostly filled with "adult" looking msd's, I'm pretty sure that as my first petite arrives my home will be invaded with lil-ones. I fall in love most likely to child dolls, then "adult" male dolls, then "adult" female dolls, and rarely to clearly dolls in their teens. Teen-adult feature is hard to point with dolls since they all look so young. xD But rarely clear teen attracts me.

I got two babies in home, might be a reason why kiddy dolls get my awws.

15. Some of the child dolls are pretty cute, but I definitely prefer the adult ones, especially when they look really mature. It just has this feel of elegance to me.

16. I like both.

Well, I only have one SD, one MSD and one petite so far.

On my must have list there's 4 SD- or 70cm-sized dolls, 2 MSDs and 2 petites so far. Of course I think adult dolls are more beautiful but I really can't resist cute-faced petites :)

17. i am not sure why but I equate child dolls with children, so as an adult; I much prefer to have adult dolls. I think many companies make a lot of childlike dolls because they may be populat in teh anime setting. I am glad that there are some companies that also product very intricate and advanced adult sculpts which allow the collector to create more mature characters. to each his/her own though! Just glad that there is enough variety for all to share.

18. I find it hard to put a miniature of a 20 year old masculine man on my bookshelf. I like all sort of perfect and artistic photos of adult dolls that are so perfect that you would never find them in life. But I it extremely difficult to play with a perfect masculine or feminine body of only 60cm high. I guess in my mind a doll is still of those in traditional sense -- something that comes from childhood while still lingering in my life with the only memory of innocence.

19. i think one of the reasons why i prefer adult or big dolls is because clothing are much easier for them then tiny children dolls...but i like child dolls too as they are so cute,but sometimes they just too tiny and making me think like how come i should afford that much to get the tiny little thing rather the big one?XD

20. I prefer adult dolls because I also prefer lovestories, beautiful dresses and a lot of fantasy.