1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer closed mouth or opened mouth?

Feb 25, 2018

1. I love just barely open mouths that show teeth! Dc Evangeline is a good example!

2. Mostly, I prefer a slightly open mouth because it looks closed from certain angles, so you have the luxury of choice :)

3. I love seeing tiny teeth in sculpts. Not 'Oh my god, it's going to EAT ME'-wide, but a small hint to show the mouth is slightly open.

4. closed mouth for me.

5. I find open mouthed/pouting mouths to be very charming! But my first purchase was closed-mouthed, and my second purchase likely will be as well. I guess as cute as I find them, I haven't really found a sculpt that really speaks to me

6. Sculpts showing just a bit of teeth seem like a good compromise. It would not be a deciding factor for me, I am more interested in how realistic and charming the face is.

7. i prefer closed mouth :)

8. I prefer closed mouth but if the perfect doll came up with open mouth I would go for it anyway

9. Closed mouth, though sometimes a subtle open mouth looks alright to me.

Sculpts with any kind of extreme facial expression really put me off.

10. I like to closed mouth more dolls, if the opened mouth dolls are cute, I will buy him. My first doll was an opened mouth.

11. It depends on the sculpt some with teeth are just adorable! But i am more drawn to closed mouth sculpts or ones with very subtle open mouth.

12. I like dolls with either. I love dolls with really cute mouths, which can be either open or closed, I don't mind. But if they are open they have to only show the front top teeth. Cuteness is the deciding factor.

13. I prefer opened mouth, always. Either slight or fully open enough with noticeable teeth. It's rare actually that I find a totally closed mouth sculpt to match with my crew and preferences.

14. I think both are lovely. But I think that it depends in what personality you want to give to your doll.

15. To me its better closed mouth. I mean with some dolls when they show little teeth in a smile is cute, and ok. But the dolls that show full teeth. That would be hard to do a face-up and I just don't think that it looks right.

16. I really like dolls with slightly parted lips where teeth peek out a bit, it looks like a cute and relaxed expression.

17. While I can deal with slightly-open mouths, like the ones CP's Breakaway and Vampire Shiwoo sculpts came with, and very stylized, comical expressions like the little Pukis', I have a very strong preference for closed-mouthed dolls in general.

Wide-open, more realistic mouths with teeth on dolls (Not to mention tongues... :horror: ) frankly creep me right the heck out, so I avoid them... My Vampire Heliot being the one and only exception in this crew, and he's really pushing the limit of what I can handle.

18. I don't think I have a preference either way. I have a couple with open mouths and one of them is smiling. The others have their lips parted just enough to see teeth. Most of mine are closed mouth, but I think that's just the way it happened, and not an indication of preference. I'm more worried about the facial features fitting how I see the character.

19. I am the same way, and in fact my Dream Ripper Heliot is about the most I can handle. I do not like tongues, and I do not like the way most open mouths are sculpted. The fact that he's got the default blushing for his grey skin tone helps, it's so dark inside his mouth that you don't see the creepy blank wall at the back

20. A subtle open mouth is a plus for me for female dolls, if they’re male dolls I prefer a glossy closed mouth, just a preference for me. ^_^