1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer closed mouth or opened mouth?

Feb 25, 2018

1. I personally prefer closed-mouth sculpts. I can't event say what my problem is with the open-mouthed ones... maybe the teeth or the lack of a neutral expression :nowords:

2. I prefer closed mouth or veeery slightly parted lips. I don't like seeing teeth for some reason, so more open mouths aren't my thing.

3. As always I love variety with my dolls. So I have both. But seems like I prefer slightly opened mouth because it depends to the angle what expression you get.

4. slightly opened mouths are my favorite! and i also do like open mouth with changeable mouth parts too

5. I typically like a closed mouth or a mouth that’s slightly open. I don’t mind little visible fangs either. I don’t know about showing more teeth than that though. I think less is more with teeth on dolls lol

6. Any kind of open mouth, even the sligliest one, usually gives me a strange feeling. I feel that it doesn't matter what angle I see them, they are always with the same expression.
      Like, my closed mouth doll, when I take shots from a lower angle, it seems to be smiling and has a gentle expression, while when I take shots from upper angles, it looks an evil/maniac guy :nowords:. Such thing I don't feel with opened mouth dolls :d

7. I don't know that I have a preference, I own both. But I was thumbing through a Metropolitan Museum catalog that featured a lot of clothing and jewelry and I noticed that the majority of the models had their mouths slightly open, kind of like Dollshe Amanda! So maybe that's "the look" now.

8. Both. I’ve only got closed mouth sculpts, but I do like open mouths particularly when you can see teeth (Lucywen).

9. Both too but, I think (in my opinion) open mouth molds have many potentials regarding facial expressions.

10. I like opened mouth doll:aeyepop:

11. I think it depends on the sculpt. I love open mouthed minifees though. Something about the pose that makes them cuter!

12. Open. I am more likely to like or buy an open-mouth sculpt than closed. I just think they look more life-like. Like they're about to speak or breath. Some closed-mouths turn me completely off on a doll, especially if they don't even have a deep crease, they just look so tense, like they're pressing their lips together. Relax a little!!

Also huge bonus for teeth. I've modded a few of my dolls to have their mouths open and put teeth in like, four I think.

13. slightly parted lips is the most i'll go but i really prefer a closed mouth lol. open mouths on dolls unnerve me.

14. I like both, but it really depends on the sculpt whether I'd like it or not. I love my LumeDoll Keids with their slightly parted lips where you can see their teeth, also really like AiL Elijah who's the same and where the teeth part can be removed for individual painting. I also like sculpted teeth, just slightly visible. Not a fan of the o mouth if I had to put money towards it, but I do like what other people do with such sculpts.

15. I really do enjoy an open mouthed sculpt, but I have found that it can be really difficult to clean after a faceup and really get into the nooks and crannies of it. Also, as a heavy modder of my dolls, glue and other mods is super hard to get out

16. I prefer closed mouth. I also like to see slightly open mouth.

17. Hmm, I think I mostly like closed? I don't mind if they have a slight open mouth, but when I see teeth it seems strange to me? IDK! xD

18. Definitely closed.

19. I really like dolls with teeth. I love my Volks Lieselotte head because it has 2 front teeth and it's ultra cute/

20. Closed. I don't really like teeth to be obvious, but if it's stuff like vampires' teeth then it's another issue.