1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer full set or blank ?

Feb 12, 2019

1. Blank alllll the wayyyy. However I do purchase pieces of fullsets second hand that can go wirh certain dolls.

2. Blank dolls are the only ones for me. I prefer to paint my own dolls and usually have a different idea of what I want for outfits. That said I do love seeing the fullsets, they can often be great inspiration.

3. I def prefer blank that way i can customise and create the doll to how i want it to look

4. I feel the need to post again to say that the thing that first made me start considering buying the Dr. Strange doll from IoS was the shoes.

So I bought a $2000+ fullset for the sake of a pair of boots with tassels. They will be much loved.

5. It depends on the doll. On the one hand, I want to shell my own characters, so obviously it's better to get those dolls blank. On the other hand, I do end up falling in love with some fullsets and so I have to get them and just make a character around them. Even when it's a fullset, though, I do like to have other outfits/wigs for them; for example, my Qinzhe and Meng He have casual outfits in addition to their fancy fullset getups and I'm hoping to give my Ashford EVO a lot of different looks, considering he's supposed to be a master of illusion magic.

6. I usually prefer the blank faces...it's got to be pretty over the top for me to choose a full set.

7. I have ordered four BJD's and all but one was the full set as I just fell in love with the whole package, and had Christmas and birthday cash to spend.
      However as I get myself more outfits for my dolls will more than likely buy blank.

8. I would love to buy a full-set, but usually the blank doll is expensive enough for me and so far I never managed to buy a Doll at its inital release (Except for my Purchases at LDoll)

9. I am not shelling characters, so if I really like a full-set, I'll go for it! Sometimes I really like how the designers put a doll together.

10. I prefer full set :fangirl:cuz I feel satisfied when I get a full set doll:aheartbea

11. I'm not opposed to buying a fullset; I've yet to see a fullset that I really wanted. They're beautiful, but I haven't seen one that speaks to me with regards to potential character. I like customizing the look of my dolls anyway. I do sometimes buy the factory faceup depending on price and look.

12. Definitely blank. I usually want to customize my BJDs so it’s not usually worth it to me to pay for a faceup and outfit. That said, I do have a ton of default face ups. *Shrug*

13. Blank. Because I like having my dolls more customizable. I rather hire somebody to do the face up or try to do the face up myself . Just so I have a doll thats a little more unique and suits me. Its a different experience to have a factory face verse a custom and the feeling of completing a custom doll feels more amazing to me. Im definitely more bonded to my custom dolls as well. To be honest though ive never seen a full set I was drawn to.

14. It's depending on the face up and cloths. I prefer full set because I am not in a confidence place to get everything done. It might go experience, and I am still learning. However, some times the offical faceup is not my style, but If I really like the doll. I will consider blank. ( hope I can do a better faceup, so I can go balnk hahahahha)

15. Blank. I like doing face up and wig.

16. Usually fullset for myself. I don't like to buy clothes not knowing if they'd fit correctly so having a doll come with clothes is a big yes for me.

17. I tend to prefer blank, with out any painting even. But there have been a few exceptions so far. Mainly a faceup or two that I liked factory. The one doll with complete fullset I am buying is the DC Lydia. Literally everything about her is fab, if I do decide to switch her to one of my ocs I can see other dolls using her clothing items. So it doesnt seem like a waste.

I can see why some people prefer them, or having blushing/faceup. I just mainly love doing it myself.

18. I shell characters and I like doing things myself so I've never bought a full-set doll. I have one second-hand head that came with a face-up, but it wasn't by the company so that's not even close to counting. I have 'buy a full set doll' on my bucket list. I likely won't associate a character with it and I'll treat it much like I do my porcelain dolls - something to display and not touch - a very different rule compared to my character dolls.

19. I go for blank, as for me it is working on dolls and discovering how different they can look matters. I admit I was tempted to go for a fullset once (Souldoll Lavi), but then I thought that I can just admire the fullset idea on the company's website pics whenever I want anyway...:3nodding: I know it would not work like that for everyone, but it works for me!

I have to actually correct myself - I do have a fullset of the Ghost in the Shell Gynoid, but I always treated her a little differently from my other BJDs and getting her as a fullset was pretty much the only option.

20. I prefer blank, usually I don't like the offical faceup and outfits.