1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer full set or blank ?

Feb 12, 2019

1. My first dolls was fullset because I was not confident enough to face-up my own doll and wanted to make sure he had at least one outfit that fits him.

But nowadays, I only buy blank.... partly because I keep hybriding and there's no guarantee the body I like best is a skin tone match and partly because I've not found any fullset that is coincidentally all my likes at once.

2. If it is a artist doll, I would consider full set, if it is from companies, I wouldn't. Since most of time, what you got isn't the same as what you saw, and way too expensive for the quality

3. I prefer blank since I like creating the character myself! But sometimes I wish companies would give the opertunety to order the clothes alone :/

4. I like blank, because full set is too expensive. I can buy more things with this money.

5. I generally won't pay out for fullset because there's usually something (or several somethings) about the extras that I don't like, and it's not worth paying fullset price for something that includes stuff I don't like and/or wouldn't use when all I really need is the doll.

Teddy

6. I would love to get a fullset, but I've never gotten the change to yet (except for with my Smart Doll)

7. I like blank, though sometimes the faceups I just have to have :wiggle

8. I love the look of some full sets, they make me want to buy a doll especially when the faceup is stunning but I always go for the blank version. I do my own faceups and most of my characters fall under the same/related stories so I want them all to look a certain way, like they belong together. If I got one full set doll, even if it matched a character exactly (which had yet to happen for me), it would stand out from the others and drive me a bit crazy lol :XD:

9. Oh Gosh. The first doll I ever ordered got my attention because I loved his full set outfit more so than I loved the actual doll. I even ended up just getting the face sculpt displayed by the company, even though I had a choice! In the end, he didn't work out for me ^^'' Whilst waiting for him I saw a doll (on her own) that I liked as a blank and I've been much more satisfied with her. Ever since that first mistake though, I've made sure to wait for a while before ordering any dolls whose full set seems perfect, just in case it's only the outfit I want and not the doll! :)

10. Blank. The whole point of this hobby for me is that I get to sew and craft stuff for them myself. Though even if that wasn't the case, only one of my doll's fullset (which was no longer available when ordering her) matched the character I had in mind, so even if I didn't prefer blank I'd have to go for it anyway. :sweat

11. Blank doll, full set outfits. But if there are good custom tailors I'll design the clothes myself (can only do the design part, I'm horrible at sewing).

12. I'd buy blank not because they're cheap but only because i like their sculpt and i want them to be a unique doll

13. I prefer blank. I like to find people to make my dolls up with my favorite style. And full set is a little expensive for me. But the full sets are always really good so it depends.

14. Blank. Because a full set goes to be customised sooner or later.

15. At the moment I get full set, I'm to scared to get blank as I don't want to ruin there face, I have been looking at buying a full set lateol just because the clothes (I don't like the head sculpt though). Need a practice head before I start blanks

16. I haven't bought dolls that I think would fully be considered either, but closer to blank. That being said, I don't do my own face-ups at the moment so I've never really bought a pure "blank" doll. But I find I bond with dolls better if I get to pick out their wig, eyes, outfit, etc, myself. I'm not against buying a fullset, there are a small amount of fullsets I admire enough to consider getting, but at the moment, both the price difference plus the extra room for creativity encourages me to buy dolls without their maker clothes/wig/etc.

17. Blank definitely. I want to customize my doll to my OC. Since I started this hobby I have only looked at the blank doll and not cared about the company's photos. I never think about having a fullset because I would be upset to see so many dolls out there that look just like my owns.

18. I love to get my dolls blank because I love to costumize them by myself. But I felt in love with Faryline so maybe I will buy one fullset from them in the future

19. Most of my dolls are modern, or a very niche fantasy, so I get them blank. Plus, I haven't yet ever found a company face-up that I like. I know my preferences are weird, but I just hate painted eyelashes, eyeliner, painted lips, real eyelashes, all of that. Plus, painting, or, in my case, "painting" and blushing them is a bonding experience that's very important to me.

20. I make my own doll clothes, so I don't do full sets. I won't turn my nose up at a nice face-up, but although I'm not the best at doing them, I almost never keep the factory face-up intact. I usually reshade the lips and reshape the eyebrows (I'm surprisingly good at lips and eyebrows).