1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you prefer full set or blank ?

Feb 12, 2019

1. I prefer blank dolls so I can make them my own. I do get face-ups if they're my style, but that mainly applies to female dolls. I want to do all of the face-ups for my guys since I'm more picky with them.

2. As someone new to the hobby, I feel much more comfortable getting a full set. I’m still learning about different sizes for clothes, wigs, shoes, and eyes. If rather pay a bit extra to get all of that if I like the doll and the set.

3. I prefer a blank doll because I have my own OCs in my mind and they do not usually look anything like full-set face ups.
      I have only once full-set doll because there was no blank option and the face-up suited it (an anthro doll).

4. I prefer blank, as I like to create my own characters out of the sculpts I choose to pick out. The only real exception I can think of this is Doll Family-H BeiLie fullset. I think that's actually the only way I really want him, to be honest. I got his sculpt blank for a specific OC, but plans ended up changing. I still love BeiLie, however, but in the form of his fullset.

Maybe someday...:)

5. I like full sets! I’m a little new so my customization and knowledge of sizing are minimal but growing, so I like to have a little more to start with. It also helps the full sets I’ve gotten were ready to be shipped so I didn’t have to wait so long for my girls—I’m impatient!

6. I always prefer a blank doll even if I like the company face up, wig, outfit etc. The doll that was not customized according to my personal taste would not be interesting to me.

7. I really like some full sets but generally prefer blank dolls. I like being able to start from scratch with a doll though having a complete one with a really nice outfit is always tempting as well.

8. I think full sets are worth it to me if I like the look, but I don't mind getting just the doll by itself since there are so many other places to buy things to coordinate your doll. I haven't ever gotten blank dolls tho, i prefer to have at least the faceup done.

9. So far I've only looked at blank dolls, and those will be my first purchases. I would consider the full set, however, if it was designed for a specific character (like from anime) and I was buying it to shell that particular character. Alas, my fav characters who I am looking to shell are not popular enough to ever be custom made with a full set. So customization it is!

10. It honestly super depends... I have three fullsets and three blanks. Generally I'll get a fullset if I absolutely love the whole look/feel of the character the company made. Otherwise, I will just get a blank one and work on it as I go. :-) My two Masamunes and my Bontenmaru are fullsets, and I don't think I could consider them as any other character/person than what they are. But all my other dolls are blank, because they were good bases for characters I wanted to shell.

11. Blanck. I prefer to do something more original, I enjoy the creativity it requires. I seldomly bought fullset, but I ended with them entirely remade or sold.

12. I prefer blank, but that's only because I enjoy the process of creating or finding a dolls character. I love hunting for the perfect eyes and sewing them the perfect wordrobe.
      Full sets are gorgeous, but I just enjoy looking at them.

13. I prefer blank because I am always too afraid to ever change full set dolls outfits or move them around. Now if I like the face up I will add that,but any doll I owned full set I ended up not bonding with and selling.

14. When I started collecting I enjoyed fullsets but as I became more serious and experienced I found them less and less satisfying. Now I prefer a blank doll so I can make the doll according to my own style and tastes. Company faceups are still tempting but I'm always disappointed when the doll arrives :pout:

15. If I could afford full sets I would 100% buy them (if I liked them of course). However, since I can't I usually go with blank. I do enjoy getting to create face-ups and customizing blanks though!

16. I prefer blank dolls, because it is easier to create a character I want to. Full set doesn't feel like "personal" I guess. However, I love some of the full sets too (especially Soom), but I don't currently have money to afford them. I definitely want to get few full sets in the future, but in general I prefer blank dolls.

17. Neither. I usually buy my dolls with faceups, but on the occasions that I buy the outfit it always goes to another doll.
      Weapons on the other hand,... weapons are always wanted. :lol:

18. depends on the price

19. I buy blank dolls so they can be customized to my tastes - that was the main reason I got into this hobby. Figuring out the right faceup, wig, eyes and clothes can take a while, but it's a fun process and I love unique dolls the most. I would consider a company faceup if I really fell in love with it, but full sets aren't for me.

20. There are some really beautiful fullsets, however, I can't afford mostly of them and I find better customazing a blank doll.