1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put underwear before clothes on your doll?

Jan 7, 2010

1. My one girl that usually wears a dress has undies on. But none of my other dolls have any. I do have one pair of boxers for new dolls that don't have outfits yet.

2. I prefer undies for my dolls. They're very helpful for my white skin boy because he wears only black and white colors. The underwear also give a more realistic feeling to them, in my opinion.

3. Honestly it really depends! While underwear can help protect the resin from stains, it can also make their clothing bunchy and some clothes may even be too tight to fit underwear underneath. Then there is also the fact that underwear may be a cute way for girl dolls to cover up their bits during photoshoots and just in general when wearing skirts or other shorter clothes. Also, I just find underwear to be adorable!

4. I'd feel odd, about clothing them without underwear. I just wish I knew what was worn under hanfu, but it seems rude to just go up and say.."Hey..."

5. For me it depends on what they're wearing on the outside. If I ever get a male BJD I know he'll be covered so if he's in kimono, kilt, etc. and someone lifts him up to get a better look he wouldn't be :blush

6. I used to insist on undies, but more times than not they seem to bunch up and make clothes harder to get on and off. plus panties seem to get stuck in the crotch area when I bend the legs to sit the doll down. But, if I put my girls in shorter skirts, I put on the modesty panties. Bras? Nah. I don't really even bother with socks (I know I really should to avoid staining in the feet but I hate socks on my own feet and for some reason it bothers me lol)

7. I feel bad that I don't, but that's mainly cause I don't have any for my dolls. I'm sure I'll get some for my dolls in the future tho. Some of them (namely my girls, who wear skirts/dresses) yeah... probably should get some panties for them..

8. I think it'd be kind of cool to have old fashioned lingerie, like a merry widow, and suspenders for stockings.

9. Currently my girl wears underwear and bloomers! She is a very modest lady. For me it comes down to the character's personality.

10. I personally always put on underwear on my Doll, I think the Doll is like a normal person. and it would be weird if they don't wear underwear. Also good for protection.

11. If they're wearing dresses and skirts they absolutely 100% need to be wearing underwear xD I'd be too embarrassed to take them outside without. Even when they're not wearing skirts and other 'dangerous' clothing I still feel more at ease when they're wearing a pair of boxers or panties under their pants, although sometimes I might forgo the use if it makes their pants bulk out too much.

12. Yes, but I am need to explore making stretch undies to avoid bunchiness under some clothing. I feel odd letting them go out in public with undies. My husband just laughs, but I think this a bit of a male view. He hates to wear it himself under working on projects around the house clothing.

13. All of my dolls wear underwear most of the time (always if they have dresses or skirts on) I tend to only let them go commando if they're wearing tights or really tight pants.

Even my 1/6th scale dolls wear little undies.

For me it is a modesty thing, I was brought up to be very proper when wearing skirts and I think it's rubbed off on how i clothe my dolls. Plus, most of the people I know are really immature and would TOTALLY point out the little coochies on dolls.

14. Only one of my girls has underwear on and that's because the dress is a bit short on her (she's 48 and it was made from a 45) so if she didn't have the underwear, she runs the risk of exposing herself to the world.

15. My girl has pointy nipples that seem to always pop out of her shirt so she wears a bra. I keep panties on her so her pants dont stain her thighs and crotch. Plus i have have people flip her skirts

16. My girlie is wearing this pretty pair of panties, but because she's wearing a skirt and I don't need no damn perverts peeking up my gal's skirt. :|

17. Since my dolls are tiny dolls,I dont put underwear for them.It's hard to wear other outfits after putting underwear.

18. The clothing my dolls are wearing at the moment doesn't stain, so I have no reason to put underwear on them. I wouldn't mind sewing together some bras and panties just so I get to make something pretty and lacy... but otherwise, underwear is not necessary for my dolls :)

19. Sure to girl, it depends on with boys. :P Some pants are too tight to take it with underwear :P

20. I think it would be better to wear underwear with skirts but otherwise it wouldn't really be necessary (unless no underwear creeps you out!)