1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put underwear before clothes on your doll?

Jan 7, 2010

1. For girls in dresses, yes, definitely. For the guys? It depends. I do have one in a full body suit of anti-stain underwear under his clothes and another one in tights under his. Then a third is commando, as is the one girl who wears pants.

2. I like undies just because it feels more realistic hahaha. I guess the idea of having my dolls wear undies just like I do is cool haha.

3. Both Johnny and Alistair wear drawers for an unusual reason. Both boys wear yukata during the hot months (like I wish I could). That's not much of a problem for Johnny but Alistair's legs like to splay apart when I wrestle him into a sitting position. His yukata is cut a little too narrow and thus ends up flying open. Rather than have Alistair's dolly junk for all to see I put him in some undies and find a way to fold his yukata so it stays shut while he's seated. Johnny could probably get away with going commando, but since he came with a pair of skivvies I usually just leave them as is.

Chloe isn't here yet, but she'll spend a lot of time in skirts and dresses so panties are a requirement. She'll likely wear her pink bloomers quite a bit too, provided the dress isn't too short. It's just a hangup that I have; I don't like seeing my doll's bare rear shining underneath a cute skirt or dress. Those little undies add a finishing touch.

4. For my girls in dresses, panties are a must. :wiggle For the guys, I find that the undies either don't fit (pants too tight), or look odd (bunched up) with pants on. I would really like for all my dolls to wear a full set of undies under their clothes, but it's not practical with dolls.

5. I only have experience with guys, and their pants are tight enough without undies! I'd probably put undies on a skirted girl if I had one, though - unless she already had bloomers or something.

6. Undies first.... My girl wears skirts and dresses and when I bring her to the office, my coworkers would see underneath her so yeah... Undies first :D

7. Yes. I actually dress in body stocking and then put underwear on. I haven't really noticed the underwear through clothing like some people say it sticks out like a sore thumb. Not for me.... yet.

8. Wow I feel like the odd one out! I say nah unless there was a definite reason to wear under garments; such as came with the outfit (or the underwear is the outfit), to cover up during a photoshoot, or maybe just for the sake of modesty while at a public meet up. Yeah I think those would be the only times I'd cover up my dolls. XD

9. I myself rarely do such thing as putting the doll underwear on under the clothes - only if it (or the lack of it :)) ) is clearly visible even after all the clothes are put on, and I don't want any such. With some dresses that aren't suposed to have the underwear under them I obviously wouldn't put such on, and would even take them off if somehow they happen to be there - it's just not nice and would ruin the picture in my opinion so I put my time into watching after it.

Mostly none of the dolls I have do wear the underwear, and those who do rarely have anything else on - e.g. some sexy undies set is ok and nice, but putting them under some casual clothes seems not useful in my opinion.

10. Almost all of my dolls have underwear (I've just lost count on who does and who doesn't now *_*). They all should but I feel like I am forever ordering undies, socks, stockings...:doh

I like all of my dolls undies to be different/ they suit the character. Personally I really like the idea of my dolls being being "completely dressed" from head to toe. I put a lot into commissioning their face up or blushing, dressing them and finding the right accessories, wigs and eyes. If my doll hasn't undies and socks then that just feels off for me. No undies totally makes sense though for my dolls who don't wear them on occasion.

In all honesty, I just think it's super cool that doll undies exist. Volks makes some really cute sets, the bras are even padded...I mean come on...how adorable.

11. agreed with a resin nthing foes on it that hasn't been cured in cold water with allot of salt. Undies are something I won't do unless for decor. I keep my bjd and their ilk dolls nude unless I'm messing with them. I have never had a doll stain on me knock on word

12. I didn't get to buy underwear for my doll since they're an added cost and maybe I'm a bit of a cheapskate, and with that said, my boy isn't wearing any underwear at the moment and it'd be like that for a long while since I have other monetary matters to attend to. He does have clothes on, if you're wondering. Can't leave him naked and sitting on my shelf. It's questionable, and he'd be more prone to damage that way.

13. My SD girl has some basic leotards that she wears all the time, unless it creates a problem with the clothes I put her in- either the straps are visible or it's too bulky. My boy is an IH SID with mobility joints, and he doesn't usually wear undies because they get sucked into all the joints. I have some tights for him when he's wearing robes, but when he's in jeans he is comando! My DZ MSD is always comando- but he wears big poofy pants that cover everything just fine :)

14. Both of my dolls have underwear that I normally keep on them. However if the underwear doesn't fit right with the outfit or bunches up weird with it I'll leave them off. So far only my YOSD has had that problem though.

15. depends on the clothes. for example i have a pair of pants for my msd that are white and rather see through so i use underwear for him with those pants ^-^
      however for my doll chateau boy who has really tight pants i don't because they just isn't room for them lol ^^
      so yeah it really just depends on the doll and the clothes they where.

16. This is interesting as I didn't realize how many people actually bother with underwear! I mean, these are DOLLS, not children! For me, underwear would just be something else to struggle with when dressing a doll and I don't like anything that might create unnecessary bulk. But I didn't think I would be the exception to the rule....which I guess I am.

17. I bet there are plenty of people who don't bother. I mean, it's not like the dolls are worried about being modest! I really only put them in undies so other folks aren't quite so freaked out when I'm sewing for the dolls and they're sitting around in the buff:lol: ...and they do that quite a lot....

18. I have underwear on the dolls depending on which kind of clothes they are wearing. If a female doll is wearing a skirt or dress then I am giving her underwear, but the male dolls rarely have underwear on.

19. well i made him underwear so he doesnt flash his bits around but its hard to pull it over pants v.v so he goes commando whenever wearing pants. though i hope it fits under skirts or puffy wide shorts if i ever chose to make some one day.

20. I personally put underwear bottoms on my dolls just because I feel weird if they don't have any! I know it's silly, as you won't even see it, but it's my doll therefore I do what I want.