1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put underwear before clothes on your doll?

Jan 7, 2010

1. For the 'OMG it might stain' clothing, I make body stockings to put under their clothing. Very easy to make out of a cheap pair of tights. As far as 'underwear', only for my doll that wears skirts, because I really don't want him flashing everyone.

2. Nah, mine go commando. I make sure their clothes are un-dyed cotton and silk.

3. My girls always always wear underwear. It just feels weird and a little perverted to me when they don't have any on. Bras on the other hand tend to be optional. I thought when I was first getting into dolls that they would always wear a full set of underwear but bras tended not to work with the outifts I like.

4. I only have one pair of girls' underwear. The girl who's wearing a skirt at the time gets the underwear ;D Otherwise, I see no point in it.

5. wah??? 2 pages already in one night? Thank you guys for responding my thread...if i knew the respond would be good, i would have asked this sooner...been wandering in my own mind stupidly...wear or not wear or not...haha

Oh, i didn't know there was such a topic like this before...sorry that i 're-discussed it' again...really sorry...

6. My girls wear panties/bloomers/shorts under their skirts and dresses to make sure things are covered, but they just get in the way when they're wearing pants.

7. My dolls wear their underwear on the outside. Like Quailman.

8. I would put the underwear on all the time simply for the times when the doll would wear a skirt, plus it seems to complete the outfit.

9. only my girl since she wears dresses and skirts i guess i just dont want her...... well you know all showy... and my boys dont since they wear pants and you cant see anything..........

10. No, it's too much of a pain.

11. My girl arrived with a pair of nice cotton undies and a boob tube style bra and they fit nicely under her clothes, so I have no problem with her wearing them. If they were bulky then I wouldn't bother.

12. Hrrm, that's a really good idea you know. My boys are currently going commando, but I do have issues with high top boots rubbing on the back of legs and leaving black marks. Who'da thought socks! (Talk about a durr moment) I do have one girl who's currently as nakid as the day she were born, though at the moment I'm simply concentrating on getting her fully clothed, the undies can come later.

13. Yes, I put boxers on my boy before putting his pants on. xD He even wears them to sleep in his box. When he's not fully dressed, he's usually in his boxers and white tee. Heh.

And yeah, I guess I'm really afraid of staining him so I take the extra precautions including never leaving him in his clothes for more than a few hours at most. And I make sure that he wears socks before putting his shoes on. His sneakers stink of rubber. >>

14. Some of my dolls have underwear and some don't- if I have underwear for them I'll put it on, because I like that it makes the outfit more "complete" and lifelike, even if it's not in a visible way. But I'm probably not so concerned that I'd go and buy doll undies unless I'm already buying stuff from a shop and they're cheap, or they come with an outfit.

I've seen some really beautiful lingerie sets for sale and auction, though those are sort of a different matter and many of them would be a shame to cover up with clothing. Maybe if I get an EID girl one of these days I can have a resin lingerie model... :lol:

15. My elves tend to wear historical clothing that predates underwear as we think of it, but my wee girls with short skirts find panties a necessity, and why not? What cuter piece of clothing could there be than ruffly bloomers or lace trimmed skivvies?

My MSD girl I feel slightly guilty about... her outfit is pants and a long tunic, so she really doesn't need undies, but I wonder if she's comfortable, haha!

Raven

16. I only put underwear on if it doesn't interfere with the joints. I know that my sister's girl has a pair of undies on and sometimes the lace gets caught in the joints! D:

17. Well, I put this kinda 'underdress' for her when she wears a dark clothes, cause it's supposed to kinda 'block' the staining, but she still gets slight stains anyways. Other than that, I want her to wear undies cause it's really awkward for people to see her girl's parts even though it's no big deal. heheh.

18. Underwear is needed! I think thats make them more human when I put them some panties, even my boy have some boxers for him, and of course they need to change underwear sometime dah! =P

I love my doll so much they need to have everything I can give to them, socks, panties, boxers, even a bra(Bu she fit weird so I take her out for esthetic)

And to stay in subject, as you realise yourself, it help about stain and everything, but take care because your underwear can also stain. A thing I learned about BJD clothing is to always wash if there is no mark of 'Already washed' or 'No stain' on the page, when you bought it.

And if your girl is wearing a short dress, short skirt, YA! put her some panties please. She will get a cold :P Seriously this is not a barbie, she have genital and it can be kind of weird for people how don't know anything about BJD^^

19. I always put pants on the dolls. And almost always - socks. Therefore I can try on them new things even in the underground. And not to be ashamed.) after all the important places at them are covered.

20. My boys never wore underwear but my girls used to. I got tired of it sliding down though so now they've stopped. (Unless it's a very short skirt.) I mean, come on, they're dolls, do they really need undies?