1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put underwear before clothes on your doll?

Jan 7, 2010

1. yes! the first thing i bought for my boy was undies x3
      the second one had to wait a few months. it really annoyed me. i was like starring at him and kinda twitching thinking about it XD
      since those dolls are anatomicaly correct i think it is important to put underwear. especially if they wear skirt XDDD

2. I never actually thought about it until I came across a listing for bjd bloomers.

I've since put in an order for a set of bra + panties and I might get some bloomers for her when I expand my girl's bjd lolita wardrobe.

3. My partner requested that I make some underwear for Ginger. She's currently wearing a silk dress that likes to ride up. He said it was distracting ;-D

4. My boy hasn't even arrived yet, and he already owns two pair of undies.

...Whether or not he will wear them remains to be seen. ^^

5. My dolls both have bodysuits by BeachGirlNikita they wear under their clothes most of the time. Yumiko's is beige and lacy and very pretty. Zetto's is made of white stretch cotton/lycra with a matte finish and looks like a T-shirt and socks under clothes. In fact, right now the top part of the bodysuit is exposed and looking like a V-neck long sleeved shirt on him. When I pick up Namiko I'll probably spring for a Volks body stocking for her. Yumiko also has one, and it's nice to wear under dressy stuff because it looks totally like hosiery. Namiko will probably not wear hers much but I wanted to make sure she had some staining protection. With vinyl, a stain is forever.

Namiko-tan is here and the thing about the MDD body stocking is that it's constantly riding DOWN on her. Why? She's got no boobies to keep it up...as well she shouldn't because her back-story age is 12. The Volks body stockings are strapless. Yumiko has no problems wearing hers because, well, M-bust is substantial enough to provide something for the stocking to hang onto.

There is a very cute camisole and panties set made for MSD up on Volks USA but it's perennially out of stock. I'm waiting on BeachGirlNikita to get more of the matte white stretch fabric so that she could make Namiko a bodysuit like Zetto's, but so far no joy. I've just been keeping Namiko in light clothes and hoping nothing she wears up top will stain her.

6. To be honest my boy doesn't have undies but his pants are white so I'm not too worried about staining. I've got some clothes on order for the two boys that are on the way but underwear was not part of the order. It just seems too bulky under the pants especially if they're tight fitting. I'm still tossing the idea around - maybe I'll craft something thin together like a reverse thong. I do appreciate the comment about washing new clothes. That's something I hadn't thought of but it makes perfect sense.

7. My boys don't wear underwear because most of their pants are too tight and underwear makes putting them on difficult. XD However, my girl does have panties because I don't want her to wear skirts or dresses without anything under. XD

8. My boys don't need underwear because they're usually wearing tight pants. It's probably not necessary, and just gets in the way and makes pants bulky.

9. I put underwear on my doll if his trousers are loose enough that there is room. He always wears socks under shoes though.

10. My boy's currently commando, but I'm thinking about making him body fitting tights so that his pants stop staining him. I've washed the pants more than once, so it's underwear or resign myself to cleaning him often.

@tonboko: what ratio of water to vinegar do you use and have you ever found any colors/materials that are harmed by it?

11. Simply it depends on the outfit. She hardly ever wears a bra because you would see it with her tops and if she wears tights or leggings she doesnt even wear panties. Oh well, she is a "free" girl.

12. Yes, unless the underwear makes it so the pants don't fit right or something of the sort. For my MnF girl I'm not concerned about a bra (her boobs won't sag after all lol!) but undies are a must... I remember my SD girl not having any and wearing skirts... so embarassing when she flashed her privates >////<
      My boy it's more optional but if I want to change him then it's less awkward to do it around non-dolly people if he already has undies to cover his bits. :D;

13. it depends on what my girl is wearing...usually she's in dresses and skirts so i made her a few simple pairs of undies because my boyfriend always likes to lift up her skirts since he knows it annoys me XD if i put her in trousers or something like that though, i don't bother. at that point they mostly get in the way. lol

14. do they make underwear for the BBB Erin size?
      I would like to get Kira some

15. My new girl came with underwear and a bra, which was nice - it's a very good thing, since she's wearing a strapless dress and it slips sometimes xD I would hate for her to have to wear a dress or skirt without underwear underneath.

I.. don't think Hakkai wears underwear, though xD Dun dun.

16. yeah Kira wears a dress and I have to have her hand down so it doesn't flair up lol

17. Thanks for bringing up the bra thing. I was thinking about it too...

18. I put on underwear to the doll.When there is not it with the tight clothes, I do not feel the need of the wearing.
      However, it seems to be very cold not to put on underwear.:whee:

19. I have only tiny size so, it isn't important for my dolls ^____^

20. sometimes i do sometimes i don't...in fact some of them got no underwear : P