1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put underwear before clothes on your doll?

Jan 7, 2010

1. I didn't use to make my dolls wear any underwear, but after one 'accident' I ordered some and started putting them on, unless e.g the pants are so thight that it's hard to have them fit with underwear. The accident happened when my friend came over and I showed her my dolls for the first time. Well, one of my dolls had kinda loose jeans on, I was used to handle them with care and had no problem with them being like they were, but you can imagine what happened when my friend wasn't and she pulled them a little. I'm still embarassed about the fact that one of the first things she saw in the 'doll world' were my boy's balls... I hope she has forgotten about this :sweat

2. I have underwear for my doll-- it was the first thing I got-- but her undies really don't fit under her pants, so no, now she wears them as PJs only. O.o;

3. Two of my (SD) dolls wear underwear. They both wear dresses and skirts. ^^ If they are wearing tight pants they do go without.
      Both of my Tinies wear panties while wearing skirts/dresses.

I do plan on getting my girl a bra, some of the shirts she has accentuate that she has "high beams" and it can make for some uh... interesting photoshoots.

4. nope, it mostly look strange when dolls have underwear under the clothes.. :P

5. Of course I have put underwear for them.
      But only have pants, no bra

6. I personally think underwear is a must need for my lil' dollie @.@;
      My boy wears crazy tight pants and i will work getting them on for hours just to make sure he's got undies under them! lol! It's just weird to me for him not to have undies...mostly when changing! I change him in front of non-dolly people all the time and I don't think they wanna be expose to his goodies! and if anyone ever manages to pull down his pants..well they won't get much outta it! XP I'm pretty sure underwear was the abbsolute first thing i bought XD
      Besides you can't say lil' tiny undies aren't cute~ XP

7. My boy always wears pants, I think he’d feel embarrassed if he didn’t plus it’s better for if I decide to change his trousers when other people are around ^^ I recently bought a dollfie dream and the first thing I bought for her was a pair of stripy pantsu as she will be wearing dresses/skirts most of the time so in the long run it will spare both of our blushes!

8. Over here, it really depends on the outfit.

If there's a skirt involved, or a stain-prone pair of pants with a relatively loose fit, then yeah... To prevent "malfunctions" and the later scrubbing of awkward bits with a Magic Eraser, I always put undies on them. If the pants are tight-fitting or light-colored, or if there's no real possibility of people accidentally being flashed, then I may not bother. As someone else mentioned up-thread, sometimes underwear just looks odd under a doll's clothes.

9. Not usually. Mostly because I haven't gotten around to purchasing them. In the future I would like to though!

10. Mine do wear underwear; my SD-sized boy wears boxers and my little Yo-SD-sized girl wears old-fashioned stockings and pantaloons under her dress. I like having underwear for them because it prevents staining and I feel like it makes their outfits more realistic in a way. :)

11. I do! Cause I feel weird if they dont wear it and one of my boys constantly wear skirts, so to prevent exposing his bits, underwears are vital! XD If they're wearing tight pants/shorts, then it's unnecessary.

12. What can I say? they all have underwear. It was the first thing I made for them! No bras, though. They're women's libbers!

13. Only my girl wears panties - and that's only when she's in a skirt~ Otherwise, I don't see the point, and I find some clothing doesn't fit as well with the extra layer underneath. ^^;

14. nooope....maybe.

cause my dolls are dressed up in ancient Chinese style. they always have ZhongYi inside in stead of underwear..

since they r always white, i'm not afraid that they will stain my dolls~

15. Both of mine wear underwear. My girl mostly only needs it in dresses, and the skirts I've made I started making built-in underwear (to keep it from sliding up and around her waist, as they tend to be prone to do). My boy has some thicker briefs because his stringing is a bit odd and he has tried on several occasions to use his leg to sand or snap his bits off. The reason for them both having underwear (and also how I first noticed his trying to take his bits off) is to protect the painting I've done in the area...... and also to hopefully not surprise anyone if their pants come off. I've already accidentally surprised a friend when she wanted to take a good look at my girl's jointing and I forgot to warn her of my detailing. XD

16. yes i put on underwears for them for fun. but the red color or dark blue color's can really stain the body , so i will only go for light color now

17. Since the beginning and always. All my BJD use underwear. That is what all they my characters do. Besides, that is the way I like it, just like I put my clothes on, and farther more it is very helpful for maintenance.

18. Yeah, I put underwear on my doll. It's not a personal thing, I just think they make an outfit look more natural.

19. My dolls wear underpants if they are wearing a dress or skirt....as many of you have said...seems most pf the jeans and slacks do not fit with "unders" on.....some of my boys wear unders if it fits also....for some reason, their outer attire seems to accommodate underwear easier than the girls....
      I am usually surprised that most "FULL set" BJDs come with no underpants even though they may have socks and shoes...hair adornments and necklaces....I have come to believe that Koreans do not place a high value on the wearing of underwear unless it is all you are wearing....and than it is quite lacey and seductive.....
      Alas, for some reason I do not like the girls underwearless with dresses and skirts...especially short ones...even if Barbi has spent her life like that....

20. If I had undies for my dolls I would make them wear it....

But It would only be for the fun since I am not really bothered by stains.... I try to wash everything so it does not do so ^__^