1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put underwear before clothes on your doll?

Jan 7, 2010

1. My aod girl body has quite visible nips =_=''' ... I'm thinking seriously to put bra on before clothes now...

2. well I learn from a friend I got to leave undies on my dolls. I had a straight guy friend over and wanted to show him the new doll and poped him out of the box and he wasnt impressed! I found it funny but I think sort of scared him a bit. Guess I should warn people.

3. Sometimes... the Spirit's "special piece" trends to fall off easily... -_-U

4. Depends XD Usually my boys don't use underwear, because is very difficult, for me, put underwear and pants! My girls, instead, have always panties or bloomers :)

5. I just got used to it so Toki always have undies on =P unless he's pants won't fit on or something ;)and i only put undies on for my little girl if she's wearing skirts or dresses, but i won't for pants coz i looks sort of bulgy ;P

6. Well I see my doll as a mini-person, so I try to put on her undies before dressing her. :3

But that's cause I'm a freak.

Plus, it helps to prevent staining, like one other said.

7. My SD girl wears undies~ Mainly because she only has dresses to wear, atm! XD

8. Whenever possible I want my dolls to wear underwear. I feel like a perv knowing they're not. :sweat

9. I agree with Rikka_Mika. Underwear isn't too expensive nor hard to make. If the doll has eyes, wig and clothes, she should have some undies too. It's perv otherwise :eusa_naug

10. it depends...if his pants allow me to do so
      and a absolute yes for girls,i cant accept them wearing dress without undies XP

11. I probably will, because it's more realistic. Like, real people do, and I want my doll to dress and behave like a real person. She will be my little child :)

12. Most of my dolls don't have underwear.

Nym came with boxers, which he wore until I made him proper clothing. But he doesn't wear them now due to the fact that his leather pants ride a little low on the hips.

WHen I got my girl, the first thing I bought for her were panties because it didn't seem right that she be naked under her dresses.

The only other doll that has underwear is Celyn.
      And I bought him underwear for two reasons:
      His outfit was going to take months to come in due to production time.
      The underwear in question came with a free sheet of celtic tattoos which I needed for his mod work.

Total win-win there!

13. I often put undies on my Pukipuki before her clothes. They won't fit under some of her things though so she doesn't always wear them. I also only have one pair and i'm hopefully getting another Puki soon so they will have to share, hehe =)

14. I made some boxers for Kai because I heard about dreadful stains that people get from jeans and such..but when I put them on him his pants didn't fit lol. So he goes commando for now. When I get my girl in I would imagine she would need underwear since her outfits will consist of skirts butttt I need to see which ones I like first. There are some major advantages to having them though.

15. Nope! They all go with-out, unless I'm doing a historical outfit and the bloomers/panties are a part of the costume.

16. under skirts, yes, I prefer it. Under pants, eh, not so dire. I find sock and stockings to be more important, if only to get shoes on and off more easily. I'm investing in cheap suit sock or tights for making my own. Dollar stores are my best source. The same fabric might be good for underwear. Hmmmm.

17. I think it's more necessary for girls than boys, modesty wise. Unless you make your boy cross-dress, then it's not a huge modesty issue. But I definitely think that girls need underwear (panties at least). It's embarrassing enough that my Jun's skirt reveals her undies. I don't want the skirt showing anything else. She does really have that problem now, since she's borrowing a pair of khakis from my Tsukasa.

But for keeping your dolls clean, underwear is pretty useful. Although a little water and vinegar helps get rid of the nastier stains.

18. If the underwear may be visible I put it on to conserve my girls modesty.

19. I've only went out of the way to buy underwear once, and haven't bought any since then. Unless it comes with a clothing set I buy, I don't make a point of getting it. I will put it on a doll, but only when I actually think about it in the first place.

20. All of my dolls have underwears on, I don't know, it just doesn't feel right for them not to wear any.
      Especially for my Esther, who usually wear skirts most of the time, a girl has to protect her modesty you know, even if she's a doll ;) in my opinion anyway.