1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put your doll to sleep?

Jul 28, 2007

?
  1. yes,of course.

2. no,they are dolls.

3. Sometimes,yes.

4. never came to me...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Hahah, yes. I still need to make decent pajamas for her, so I don't do that, but I tuck her into bed and all that. ><;

2. Pajamas no, (It's too much trouble to re-dress him every morning), but I do tuck him into bed.
      I pull the blanket over his head so that if I don't take him out of bed, the sun won't touch him, and my feather bed won't get millions of tiny feather fragments in his hair 8D

It helps him keep his elastic nice and taught for longer. I used to stick him in his chair, but I realized that it wrecked havoc with his stringing. :sweat

So it's mostly practical, although I like waking up and seeing him sleeping in his little bed beside mine. It's cute. Helps me wake up on the right side of the bed ;)

3. Sort of...I never change them into PJ's, just because it takes too long. I do put them laying down and put a blanket over them. Keeps the strings in good shape and the resin from yellowing. I tell them goodnight, too. Usually just a quick "G'night guys" while I lay down.

4. Our dolls spend the night on a shelf in the curio cabinet that's too small for them to stand or sit up on, so they do "sleep", in the sense that we put them up and amuse ourselves posing them curling around each other. We need them behind glass at night so the kittens don't get any ideas about knocking them off the shelf when they want attention.

No idea what we're going to do when boy #3 arrives, I'm not sure he'll fit on the shelf. :doh

5. Sometimes I put Aiden in his PJs, but most of the time he likes to sleep in his shorts without his PJ top. It's hot in Florida, ya know! I always put him in his bed with his stuffed Bun-bun and pull the covers up on him, followed by a 'night! and then I jump into bed and turn out the lights. Yzak (being the lonely head he is) doesn't really sleep. He's more of a night demon and would rather be placed in strange places in the house to scare my parents when they get up early in the morning. :lol:

There are times when I can't remember whether Aiden was properly put to bed or not because there are too many thoughts in my head or something. That's when I sit up and stretch to the side of the bed where Aiden's bedbox is and check on him. He's always been there, perfectly placed; it seems his bedtime is a habit of mine now. ;)

6. No, I don't.

I actually think that's a bit creepy :X
      Unless you're doing a photoshoot or something.

7. I have a couple of beds I use for photoshoots and for them to sit on in my doll room, so couple of them go to bed, but thats because I lie them down, out of the way and cover them from the light, alot of my dolls are now kept in boxes, because of work being done on house, but if not they sit on shelfs, so no dont put them to bed, tho some do lie on beds when not being played/photographed etc

8. well, I don't have a BJD yet xD he's on his way!
      but I DO have large plush dolls(Lily Dolls), and pajama sets for them. So yeah, I often tuck them in.

9. I don't have a doll yet, but when I do get him, he will go to bed. Though he won't be getting any pajamas unless I need them for a photoshoot. For a while he's going to have to sleep in the box he comes with, but then I'm going to make a doll sized bedroom and tuck him in at night. More because that's the only way he'll stay out of the sunlight than anything else (There are windows on 3/4 of the walls of my room)

10. I do plan on it when I get my dolls, yes. I'm probably going to make some soft pillows and sheets and then just use the box they come in as the bed frame. I plan on having plain white soft gowns for them. That way the clothes aren't left on for long amounts of time so there's no chance of the fabric staining them. I think pretty much it's a security thing for me. See, if they are in really soft clothes covered up in a really soft bed, it would make me feel better in several ways. One, I know they aren't getting stained by fabric. Two, I know they aren't getting scratched. With zippers, hooks and eyes, lace, velcro, and other clothing hazzards that are rough, I'd much rather slip them into a simple soft gown. Three, they aren't collecting dust over night. My room is really bad on the thick cobwebby dust and when my fan's on at night... I don't want that ending up all over them or their nice clothes. And Four, they are lying flat. I don't want to sit them up on a desk or dresser only to wake up and find that they've made a suicidal plummet to the deadly floor of my room. I'd feel much much much better if I knew they couldn't fall over. So laying flat is the safest. ^_^

Of course, when I get more comfortable with my dolls this may change... We'll see!

11. I used to change Kari into pajama's when she was new but now I have two it's harder work lol, because you have to dress them the next day.
      I used to leave the clothes on and take their shoes off now I leave the shoes on too.
      I basically just put them in their box every night, I never leave them out so yes I do put them to bed and kiss them goodnight.
      if I stay at someone's house then I change them into pajama's and they sleep with me.

12. I put my girl in pajama pants and a t-shirt to wear to bed ((it's what i wear to bed, so no scolding me for not getting her a proper pajama shirt!))

And then I either put her in her bed and arrange her pillows and plushie around her and cover her up or I let her sleep in my bed. And if she sleeps in my bed she gets to use Nana's special blanket ((my security blanket. i've had it all my life and am no time soon about to give it up)) and then let her lie either on my silky Hello Kitty pillow or my slightly smaller pillow that my onee-chan made me when we were kids :3 Sometimes I'll even let her go to bed hugging my Kon plushie ((but he hates it a lot))

13. I don't think to change clothes on Orinshi because he's in a constant state of large pj like clothing, but I do tuck him into his light and dust shielded shelf next to his bed. Now that I have Argon I put him on the bed at night as well. Too cute and sentimental to me...wouldn't dream of not putting them away at night!

14. i'm the type of person who would do that yes. once i get a huge collection i probably won't "put them to bed" on a regular basis but for the first few i'll be sure to put em in their boxes and cover them in little blankets XD wont change their clothes though-too tiresome(and they probably won't have any pj's to change into!)

15. I get the distinct impression that Damaran would be very tempted to punch me in the cranium if I thought of putting him to bed, so that's a no for me. I don't think I'd have the time, anyway - I'm normally very close to passing out on my feet when I decide to go to sleep, so I don't see it being something I could plan to do and stick to for very long.

16. I used to. But now I don't.

17. Oh good, here I was thinking: They shoot horses, don't they? :o

*chuckle*

Yes and no.
      I kiss Ichigo goodnight a lot. And I often tell them all goodnight. (albeit silently - my husband would definitely think I was a raving looney then!)
      But, no, I don't put them in bed.
      There's only one. :|
      And while they would all probably have a BALL, and that just might be fodder for a photo story (:mwahaha)..... heh heh
      Okay, heck, that sounds like fun.
      I may have to try that. :XD:

18. just coudn´t keep my self from laughting about the suicide xD
      about ur post,u r right ,i totally agree with you

19. For both boys, yes ^^. They sleep besides me.

Every night I'll have to go through a ritual of putting them to sleep before i can go to bed - hug them, kiss them goodnight, give them their plushies, cover them with blanklets :sweat

Pyjamas, sometimes. But i haven't gotten Taku a set of pyjamas yet :doh

20. I put Mariette (my Shall) to bed--sort of. Her bed is her box and, yes, "tuck her in" or at least pull up the covers for her. I don't dress her in pajamas (i take her shoes off, though) or kiss her goodnight or anything, though. I like to put her in her box/bed to keep her from falling over or getting knocked over and I cover her to keep the dust, or sometimes sunlight, off her. It's funny how, yes, I'm putting her to bed the way I put my dolls to bed as a child, but with more pragmatic reasons for it now.

Hajime and Sayo live in the closet...they're sort of on their own, but I think they like it that way. >.>!