1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put your doll to sleep?

Jul 28, 2007

?
  1. yes,of course.

2. no,they are dolls.

3. Sometimes,yes.

4. never came to me...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. In a way yes.. I don't change her into her PJs because she doesn't have any as of yet. I do tuck into her bed (which is a small antique floor cradle) that sits on my cedar chest, then I hop into my own bed and say 'goodnight little miss sadie' or something to that effect

2. Space is very much at a premium in my room at the minute, my MSDs live on top of my draws and Adrian sits next to my mac so even if I did want to put them to bed there would be no room, especially now I've got two more SDs on the way.

I don't think I would even if I did have room anyway, perhaps in aide of a photostory but not as part of my daily routine, ignoring the fact it would take forever to undress/redress them (full kimonos and laced up corsets aren't exactly time friendly) there's something rather childish about the act of putting a doll to bed. Not to insult anyone, everyone's different and each to their own but I personaly find it a step that's perhaps a little too far.

3. Not always, but... I bought the bed and tent for a reason! ^^'

4. I dont put him in PJ cuz I have yet to pick out ones I like but wen I do I will..lol..but i still put him in bed...lol..^_^

5. I don't put my girl in PJs but she's not the type to actually wear any. Just lose the skirt/jeans and keep on the rest. She's got a little room with a bed (that's actually her box pillow made into a bed) but thats because it's the safest place to keep her at night. Can't fall and the cat can't get her in there, her blanket just keeps her "decent" lol

6. It's probably because I have the mental age of a three year-old...but yes :sweat When I was younger, I'd always put my favorite stuffed animal in PJs and tuck him/her in to bed. It would irk me to just leave Mystic hanging out wherever he had been earlier that day :( Even just putting him in his little corner in my closet without any special "g'night" attention would make me feel bad.
      Me and my mom are going to make him some PJs before he gets here n_n Mainly because I don't have money for real clothes yet >>; So I'll be using those every night. :)

7. I have actually been lately when i play with him on my days off <<:;; I switch him to his sleeping head and have him like down on my dresser where i have a make shift bed for him. then he pretty much "sleeps" on the days i have work, until I "wake him up" on the days I have off again.

8. I used to the first couple weeks I had Kome, but. Not so much anymore. If I'm feeling especially bad sometimes I'll dress him in something plain and set him in bed with me to sleep, but otherwise, I just leave him on his shelf... room... thing.

9. Only the ones that have their own beds for now, and the ones that remain bedless, I don't. I just put them back into their boxes like if I were packing them away. I know it sounds like I'm favoring a doll over another, but I'm not. I always put my dolls back into their boxes when I'm done with them, but if I needed a few of them outside for whatever purpose may be the next day, then yes I'll put them to sleep in their beds for the night.

10. yeah i do it every night with my three. during the week mia and dimos sleep on a box pillow on my desk and momo sleeps in her cot. on the weekend mia and dimos sleep either on their fold out bed or in their bunk beds. when i get into my house they will have a proper bed room so that they can go to bed properly.

11. I never think about it oO . I'm not sure I could do such a thing. They are only dolls, I don't see why they will need to sleep... I could take photos of them sleeping but not put them a pyjama and wish them a good night. For what to do? They can't wish me the same in return XD

12. Yes, I do, actually. xD Well.. sort of. I don't put them in their pajamas, but I do lay all five of them on the bed at night (some of them snuggled up next to eachother sometimes~). Just one of my weird doll quirks. xD

13. Only when I go on vacation and they don't go with me.
      I have one drawer with their cushions in.
      When I leave I put them in there because they normally stand in the living room and I don't want anyone to see them when I am not there. They are getting more popular here in the Netherlands and I would be heartbroken if they get stolen.

It gives me the feeling that they are safe.

14. Oh I love putting my boy to bed :D

He has pyjamas, light coloured.... unlike his usual clothes, so there is more than one reason for him to wear them, keeps him from staining. He doesn't have a bed persay, but I did make a duvet cover and pillow for his Luts box, and he gets tucked up in there with his toy monkey, Chi.

When I am too busy to play with him he stays in bed, tucked up all safe :)

15. When Gwenllian first arrived, I put her to bed, I would just put her in her box and cover her with a pillow and then I'd go to bed, but I wouldn't change her into pyjamas. For a while after Alaw arrived I'd put them to bed together, but by the time Zee got here I stopped bothering and found the three of them a nice spot to sit through the night.

If I'm watching a film in the early evening and doing the whole "comfy clothes and chocolate" thing, I'll put Gwenllian in some pyjamas and we'll watch the film together. If I keep her in bed when I sleep I'll arrange the pillows so she won't fall off and I'll take her shoes off sometimes too, I don't want to be booted in the face when I'm asleep!

I really don't bother most of the time though!

16. Like many here, I don't change him into PJs (don't have any) but he does go in his box. There isn't actually any other good place for him. He goes between the futon, and then my pair of 1/6 Dollfies get to lie on his legs ^^;;;;.

I don't really have a doll space set up yet . . . even when I do, though, I think it'll still be back-in-the-box every night. Seems a practical way to do it.

17. No. :) And my daughter probably will put the doll to sleep. :)

18. I feel kinda upset seeing as how there aren't many people that do this but when I order my girl and she comes I am gonna make her Pjs and "tuck her in", prolly cause my mental age is 7 and lower ^^;; I used to do it alot when i was lil so I don't see why i shouldn't now.

19. Naturally I put my boys to sleep. They don't own pajamas though, maybe I need to make some... They sleep in the living room under the coffee table on a big pillow and have a baby blanket (which originally was my little sister's :lol:). The pillow is so big that there's room for the twins, who will arrive hopefully soon.

20. Most of the time I take my girl and lie her down with her blankie in a shoebox at night... *Embarassed*