1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put your doll to sleep?

Jul 28, 2007

?
  1. yes,of course.

2. no,they are dolls.

3. Sometimes,yes.

4. never came to me...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. awww I think that's really sweet! Don't be embarressed, I'll most likely do it too when I order minatte! ^__^

2. I do in fact and I have since I first got him. It just looks weird having him sitting on the edge of my desk all night. The poor boy needs a break too. I just lay him in a sleeping pose in his doll box and throw a doll-sized blanket over him. The habit actually helps me remember things I need to get for school in the morning. Like most people I'm still in a complete stupor in the morning so as a habit I pick up Hansel and place him on my bed to wait for me when I get home and I get anything I've left in his "bed" while he was there as well and take it with me. It works pretty well~

3. Every single night, no matter how exhausted I am XD
      I luvvles my boy and I don't want him to have to sit up all night, y'know?
      So I lay him down on his pillows in a sleeping pose and give him a peck
      goodnight. If it's chilly, I'll give him a blanket or something, too.
      :3

4. I do every night. Wrath has her own bed at the foot of my bed and Sera and Helena (for now) has claimed the large basket by my door which I put blankets in there for them.

5. If putting them to sleep means stripping them naked and putting her away in her box, then yes. I at least kept the box and pillows so she might be somewhat comfortable if she could feel.

6. I pose my dolls in a "sleep" position when I feel like it. :XD: I especially do this to my SA Husky since his eyes are half-closed and posing him to look like he's "asleep" looks very peaceful. ^_^

7. Hahaha! Yes! Ren actually has pajamas and I fond too old doll beds and made her a room. So every night she "sleeps" there. :) But she has these big shiny greenish-blue eyes and the streetamp shines in my window and one night it shined on her face and her eyes seemed to be glowing when I looked over at her. But that was kind of cool!

8. :)yup l put Stewie to bed and when l get a new shell for mini moon l will put her to bed as well.

9. I only do when I'm bored, or if I just made a change to their beds and want to see what it looks like with them in it. XD I generally don't even "wake" them up until I'm ready to play with them again.

10. I tuck my boy into bed every night and kiss his forehead.

11. I tuck my sweet little CherishDoll, Lyric, into the box she arrived in every night--She has a tiny blue bunny she never lets go of and a hand-made blanket all her own. I have made all my dolls quilts and pillows, though my larger babies stay sitting most of the time.

12. Me too :3 They look so sad when I don't ;_;

13. *Raises hand* No you're not alone, whilst i do realise it is ultimately a doll. I do still put my bjd to sleep everynight and yes i do tuck her in :lol: She has a proper bed (which is in her bedroom in her house :lol:) with a leopard print bed set and she gets put into her pj's every evening. I know that seems lame and probably a bit weird but i do it anyway.

14. I did the same thing, LOL!
      I am building my boys a bunk bed set, so that's where the little ones will go at the end of the day, but I doubt I'll be changing them into pj's every night, I'll save that for photo shoots!

Either way, with or without a bed or pj change they still get their Goodnights!

*Here is a photo of Abrahm and his buddy Tuesday trying out the Bunk Bed. I need to finish it before Alex get's here!!

[​IMG]

15. Since mine came with a nice doll-sized box and cushions, it seems perfectly logical to put her in there each night in my closet before I go to bed. I mean, why not? I guess "putting your doll to bed" might seem babyish to some, but unless they're on permanent display, why wouldn't you put away your doll like you put away other things? o_o Also, that way she stays in the closet not only that night but also part of the next day, safely out of the sun until whenever I want to take her out and play with her the next evening (I don't really want a beauty green doll, thank you very much .___.) More often than not, though, I don't actually lie her down, because once I did that and her eyes fell backwards into her head =/ she usually ends up in a sitting/slouching position, and I don't usually change her clothes. So I don't know if that qualifies as "putting her to sleep."

...I need to sew her a pillow or something o.o her "bed" is sort of ugly.

16. Loren goes back in his box every night. Mostly because my apartment has all sorts of lovely natural light that is inescapable, and I'm not keen on a butter-yellow resin boy. :)

17. Actually, no. Which is funny considering I'm always wondering if he's "comfortable" when I have him posing randomly while I'm going about my business. Though, after reading through this thread, the idea of having him lay in his cushioned doll-box isn't a bad idea. Then maybe I should get him some comfy jammy pants...at least...

18. I used to pose my dolls asleep every night. Not because I was putting them to bed, but because I thought it was cute. <3

Now I have far to many to do that every night, and truth be told, I can't really be bothered. Though I do do it sometimes, they're usually posed reading a book or something like that.

19. I just bought my dolls a bed (for posing, sitting on and such). I hadn't planned on actually tucking them in at all, but last night I found myself getting them ready for bed and making sure they were all snug. They were SO CUTE and comfy looking... I think I'm going to have to buy/make my girls some nighties and put them to bed at night (or at least some of the nights).

When I was a kid I never did such a thing. But then again... my dolls/stuffed animals didn't have their own awesome four-poster bed. ;)

20. Kind of ^^; I put Caesar back to his box in a sleeping position and basically say good night.
      It's so childish -blush-