1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put your dolls in databases

Sep 9, 2007

?
  1. YES all of them

2. NO none of them

3. ony some of them

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I add mine, it helps people who are looking for owner photos of the doll, oh and it's always fun to show off your dollies x3 I usually wait till i have a respectable photo or a bio before i put them up. I hate people who put bio's up before they even have the doll D: even if they've ordered it. It's a gallery forum T_T

It's also intresting to see who owns what kind of doll =D and you can find out more about the doll characters! Yah >_>; i really like that forum :sweat

2. As others have said, i don't want to trawl through thousands of posts to find pics/info on a certain mould/doll so the database really is useful to me. Owner pics are always better for helping me to make decisions when deciding to buy a new doll in my opinion so i add my dolls pics to the database so i can help others the same way they help me. PLUS....you can never spam a new dolls pics enough can you?
      ;)

3. Yes i add my dolls, i really appreciate the databases, theyre incredibly helpful when it comes to decision making...and i love to see the doll im about to purchase or have already in the mail and what other members have done with theirs.

4. I do, for several of the reasons that have already been listed (like to see what others have done with it, make it easier for people searching for owner photos, etc).

5. I have done, once with my Kirill. I'd rather have waited for a better pic but meh I'm too lazy to change it now. I haven't added my girl yet but I'm waitng for a great photo so I do add...it just takes time :3

6. I post my dolls and their pictures in the database - I like to feel like I'm contributing, and let's be honest, the excitement factor is definitely there too. :lol: The databases are a really excellent tool on this forum - I like looking at what everybody does with the different dolls and the database is a great way to browse through and get a wonderful cross-section!
      :aheartbea
      -Vega

7. I will put them all in the databases, but I'm a little shy so it might not be right be right away. ^____^

8. It's true. :P I usually have to harass her to do it.

9. I put mine in the databases. Why? Well, to be helpful for one thing. A lot of people use databases to see different takes on a particular sculpt. And also...I don't know it's kind of fun I guess. :) You can use the databases to let people see a glimpse of your doll's character.

10. i haven't yet :C ... but i plan to once i finish the profile :"B gotta fin that, that and not complete, i have to finish their look.

11. for some reason, the search function doesn't work right for me. maybe i'm doing it wrong, but when i search "dod", is says nothing matches. and it does that for a bunch of things, so the databases are really important to me, because it's the only way for me to find specific molds.

12. It's not the search function not working right; it's that it doesn't pick up terms that are three letters or less. :sweat I started a database for my DZ Fei purely because you couldn't search for the doll name, too short.

I put mine up mostly for my own sake, to see how the different looks compare -- but not until they're 'done'. Katen will go up once he has his proper outfit and wig, not before.

13. Yes I add my dolls to the datebase. Something when the are bing shipping to me. I add they profile and when I take pictures of them final I've add there pictures

14. I add all of my dolls. I know that when I'm thinking about buying a new doll I like to look through the database to get owner pictures to see if I really like the doll or not.

15. I love the databases. Besides seeing owner pics, it allows you to see the different ways they can look, and how faithful the company site pics are. It's so much easier to find what you're looking for instead of scrawling through the Gallery forum, trying multiple searches.

16. I add mine...when I get around to it. It seems that only I think like two of my dolls are in databases at the moment...

17. I will when I get their "look" right! @_@
      I have a doll I've had for a while and it probably wont be till December till I get him in the Databse! I use it often when deciding on dolls, and I know other use it too--so I want to make sure the doll I store there will potray what I really want and really be able to help out the person looking for him!!

18. I think so far I've only put one doll in a database. Or two. I mostly like the databases for the same reason a lot of people said: it's easier to find certain dolls that way than via search. I made a Re-Che database because for some reason, the search kept saying it couldn't find that term, even when I specifically set it to search in a forum where I'd JUST posted about Re-Che. o_O
      ( Sadly, my Re-Che picture is terrible. I need to fix that. That's probably why no one has posted in my database but me. D: )

19. That's one of the reasons why I do also. I think it's better to look for a concret mold there than in the opedia, basically because that's suposedly what a database is for. So yes for me ;)

20. I've been meaning to add my dolls to their databases bus I don't have any good pictures and I'm lazyXDDDDDDD