1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put your dolls in databases

Sep 9, 2007

?
  1. YES all of them

2. NO none of them

3. ony some of them

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Yeah I think I may do that, but to be honest I don't really hold much hope for someone who can't read the rules to read and understand something as simple as that =/

2. Unfortunately that's a good point, River. Of course, I'd possibly add something a bit blunter along the lines of 'spam PMs trying to buy him will be reported to the mods' and mean it, but maybe you're a more easygoing/forgiving person than I am? :sweat

3. I enjoy contributing to databases, since I feel they give users a better grasp of what a doll really can be. In the case of companies like Dollzone, where the company pics and the default faceup leave a lot to be desired, it is nice to look at other people's dolls and realize just how beautiful they can be.

Not all of mine are in databases yet, but when I get a good picture of everybody, they will be. I even made the DZ Mo database when I noticed there wasn't one.

4. I LOVE the database galleries. Sometimes just from pictures on a website you don't get the perspective of how a doll really looks and the databases are just a quick convenient way for anyone to look at a certain mould and be able to see all the customizations, face-ups, wigs, eyes, etc that people have done with the doll.

I know the pictures on the DOD website surely don't do my homme ivan justice. He's so much more gorgeous in person.

But people should take it for what it is, it's a gallery to display their dolls and not for people to PM others asking if they're willing to sell, that's what the marketplace is for.

5. Lol maybe. To be honest the PMs I've had have been pretty sweet about it (though I wont deny that I was just plain insulted at the idea that someone thought they could just wave money at me and I'd give up my boy) but if I did get one that was being forceful or rude about it I wouldn't hesitate to report them to the mods... actually I think I'd just report them if I got any more reguardless of attitude anyway now.

6. Well, all I'll say is that I hope you don't get any more bothering you for him, polite or not! I definitely understand how you feel on the whole thing, and from the way the debate thread turned out it seems we're not the the minority feeling that way either. Some things just aren't done, right?

7. Well, I'm an information-nut--I like to have all the info I can--so I figure I should help out and put what I can in databases. I know if I'm looking for owner-photos of certain kinds of dolls it's nice to see as many as possible. It's just a nice thing to do--for myself as well as others! :)

--I've got only maybe one or two "want to sell" PMs. They aren't a big deal! I just say "no, but thanks for liking my doll".

8. I enjoy looking at the database galleries. Unfortunately though, I have yet to add any of my dolls. I definitely plan to though in the near future. For awhile there, I was just waiting on my digital camera to get fixed. Now, I'm creating new outfits for each of my dolls and renewing there faceups.

9. I add mine and I really appreciate everyone else who does that same. It's really helpful if say I'm shopping for a new doll and and the doll company only has weird pictures on their site. The databases make it easier to see what the dolls really look like.

10. I put one in. i always think about it for my other dolls, but then i get sidetracked. i probably won't in the future. :sigh

11. No, I don't. It's a matter of time and the fact that I hate taking pictures of my dolls.

Marcia.

12. I just recently put my pictures up. The main reason why I did it was I have a default company face up on my girl and I felt that was important for others to see.

13. My early dolls, yes, I added them. But then I got all involved with playing with them and quite honestly forgot about the databases. :sweat Might have to go gather pics and put my kids up. I think I stopped around doll 3 and I've got 15 now, with two floating heads. What a lot of work that will be! *_* :lol:

But I have used them when I'm trying to convince myself NOT to buy or decide which to buy so I ought to put my kids up to help others the same way. ;)

14. same here! and I apreciate when people put there dolls in database because it really is usefull :)

15. I'd put all of them in there. I think it's nice they have their own space within the community and also if people like your doll they can read a small part of it's back story if the database thread asks for you to put one. I must admit it's nice to see pictures of all different dolls even though they are the same mould, I check the database thread sometimes just for nice pictures or to read about certain dolls. It's fun. :D

16. All my kids aren't here or even thought up of yet, but I will put them there. It's so helpful to look at other dolls with completely different faces but the same mold if you're thinking to see if you really like it. Plus its fun to read the stories. ^^

17. When I get one, I will for sure!

18. So far I've added my boy, and once my other boy arrives I'll add him too!

I love the databases, it makes it easier to see each mold differently. Like does soandso doll look good with dark makeup or light. Or does soandso doll look good with short hair or long hair. Its better than going out and changing my own doll to find out I don't like it.

I also like to see what other people are doing to their dolls in a more organized way.

19. I'm all for the database because it's a good place to check out the type of dolls and styles you're looking for. My digicam died out and that's what stopping me from putting my new girls photos in the database. For some reason of their own, we're not getting as much owners' input in the database as we would like. Hope to see more inputs though.

20. Personally I only put some of mine in databases. I have to have a good picture first. I alos replace some pictures when I have better ones. ^^

Thanks everyone for answering.