1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you put your dolls in databases

Sep 9, 2007

?
  1. YES all of them

2. NO none of them

3. ony some of them

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I realised that I spent a lot of time browsing the databases when before I bought any of my dolls, so after that I've put all my dolls into databases. It's a great help really! So I guess it's my way of helping out in the community to show the different aspects of certain moulds :)

2. I do ^^
      It's fun to make up profiles xD
      And also since BF louis doesn't really have many owners,
      it's nice to see all the louises ><

3. Ditto Lexalot!

4. I put all of my dolls up in the databases, even though only one has a true profile... :sweat

Why? Cuase its fun to see your unique doll amongst all the rest of the ones that are the same mold... and since the database has been so helpful its nice to contribute. :)

5. I post mine in the databases; in fact, I update the picture rather often, too.
      I like being able to browse through the sculpt and see all the variations people come up with. It's easier than going and doing a gallery search, because some specific dolls of a sculpt will, show up more than others, and some get lost because of how they're referred to. Plus, I'm sure I'm not the only person who has their doll in the database but next to no other pictures up anywhere. It can work the other way around, with no database existance, but it's still nice to have them all in one spot.

6. So Far only one of my dolls is in a database, but I plan on putting all of them in. Just waiting to get them all finished ^^

7. I planned to put all my dolls in database, but they are too many!

8. I love databases, they are SO helpful and fun to look through! I used to put all my dolls in databases right away, but I have learned to be more cautious about listing them. I have a rather low "success rate" for bonding with my dolls, and so many more dolls pass through my house than actually stay. So, I usually don't list a doll in their database thread until I've had them for at least a few months, or if I am VERY sure that I am going to keep them.

9. I added them all in once, but then some got deleted for whatever reason--I don't exactly know. So I left it as is.

10. I do put mine in databases because it helps other people.
      When I was looking for pictures of a certain doll I was thinking about purchasing, I was scared to go only by company photos. Databases really help!

11. Definitely :). I used the databases a lot to help me decide on which molds to buy. It's very helpful. Also I enjoy seeing all the different face ups and bjd personalities on DoA :D.

12. I'm in the "I've only got some, but should do all" camp of Guilty But Wants To Be Helpful. :sweat Yes definitely, I do put my dolls in databases-- but no, I don't have all of them done! It's a big harem here; once you get behind on this kind of task, it's easy to slip waaaaay behind. ;;

I think the databases are a tremendous resource, and wish that MORE people would fill them up, so that everyone can see owner-photos of different sculpts! Databases are helpful to people making decisions about: what sculpts to buy; what a sculpt will look like without its default faceup; what a head looks like on another body; what a certain doll might look like in a different style; etc. It's also nice for people who couldn't get a limited sculpt, that they can look at lots of pictures of them in one place. They're great. But first, I know, I should take my own advice, and get to updating my boys' profiles, & adding the new ones. (Procrastination!)

13. I've only managed to post two (DES and Kid Delf Nara). I keep meaning to add the rest - I have the databases bookmarked for that purpose - but it's one of those things that often gets shoved to the bottom of the list in favor of other pursuits. :blush

14. I put them up in databases. Personally, I think they are useful for people who want to buy the same doll.

And it also helps me, the owner, keep track of certain stats of the doll ^^

15. I put all of mine in the databases as soon as I got them, to help other prospective doll owners.
      Being able to see owner photos of a doll before I bought it really helped me decide on my boys. Sometimes I just look at them for fun, its neat to have one thread where you can see the tremendous variety of interpretations on a single sculpt.

16. I probably should but I am so lazy T_T I hate looking for the pictures uploading them and then thinking of a good thing to SAY because I don't really develop my dolls characters very much because they don't has no friends T_T

17. I'm another person who adds mine because it's helpful to other owners. Whenever I'm considering a new doll I always check out the database thread on it so I can see owner pictures first.

18. Of course I will...I noticed how helpful it can be to see Owner pictures before buying a doll :)

19. When I remember to. ^_^

20. Some of mine are in databases but most aren't finished yet so I'm kinda waiting until there more complete