1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Do You ReDress Often...or Leave Them Alone?

Nov 26, 2009

1. wigs and eyes are pretty much set on my crew, outfits however....they are mostly clothes horses, some are more fun to redress than others. Some have just undergone style changes as well, so they need ALL new clothes. Their characters have grown up a little bit

2. I dress my girl at random times. But she usually stays in something for a while. Lol. Especially her pants.. 'Cause I only have one pair for her. ; A;
      But I don't mind how long she stays in a certain outfit. As long as it fits her character. It's all good! Though I do need to get her more pants. XD

3. Eyes and wigs are permanent, unless I find something that fits their characters better.

Clothes, though... Michael is my character, and I am so, so tired of characters who only have one set of clothes. Unless it's a uniform or something, that's just gross. So instead Michael has a specific fashion style and a ton of clothes, being a little fashionista and an avid clothes shopper, and as such my doll of him reflects it by having probably as many outfits as I do.

I do have two outfits that are my most favourite though so he tends to stay in them, but I like to mix things up once in a while.

4. My dolls always remain who they are (I mean, wigs, eyes, names, and such) but I change their outfits sometimes. Everyone likes to have new clothes! Honestly, if I could afford more clothes for them, I would change their clothes way more often. XD I would do the same with myself if I could afford more clothes for me! lol >.> I mean, I do change my clothes everyday... I just want more.

5. My guys are permanently their characters so that doesn't change, nor do their wigs or eyes for that exact reason... When I had just the one doll, I'd redress him on a daily basis (or multiple times a day!) but as my crew has gotten larger that's just not possible anymore - I'd need more hours than there are in a day to do that at this point! :o Nowadays I generally just change my guys' clothes before a photoshoot, or if I get a new outfit for them and can't wait to see them in it.

6. The characters aren't in the clothes, so when I have other things for them to wear, they'll wear them, right now they only have a few things between the two. Liina has one pair of pants, but two shirts. Tanso has two dresses. Eventually I'll make the guys some more clothes I just haven't got time!

7. My SD girl has alot of clothes so her outfit gets changed quite frequently (normaly once or sometimes twice a week) she was my first doll so she is a bit spoiled lol ^^;

The rest of my crew aren't so lucky, I really need to fix that ^^

Their characters (eyes, wigs ect) I wouldn't change unless it was to make them look more like their intended character.

8. All mine are based on original characters...but I designed each one of their characters to enjoy clothing changes just like real people do. So they get changed often. I enjoy making them outfits and always have a long list of sewing projects to work on, but that's how I like it. I've deliberately chosen to keep my collection rather small because of this (I'd go nuts trying to sew for too many, so I only maintain a small handful...certainly no more than 6.) I'll continue to make them new outfits until I'm old and grey, most likely.:)

9. My boy changes his clothes at least twice a month, especially if there are new clothes that he hasn't try on yet.

I like to see him in a fresh new look once in a while, its exciting to see on how different he looks on certain outfits.
      And His character doesn't really change no matter what he is wearing, so you wont see him wearing the same outfit in a long stretch of time.

10. if i dress my dolls in an outfit and i think they look really great, i will leave them in those outfits for quite a while, especially if it took me half an hour to get them dressed. but other times i am in a clothes changing mood and i can put on three or four different outfits before i say okay and leave them for a while.

11. With my first dolls, I made a few outfits for them in the same style. But every doll had just 1 outfit that was totally suiting the character. For example my Varushka. She has to be a sexy pink wearing cybergothc girl. I made her a fluffy bra and a see-through pink skirt. It was totally Varushka. Later on I made a new outfit for her. The same outfit I also made for Yelena (my green cybergoth girl), but then in pink. But when I dress Varushka in the other outfit, it just isn't totally Varushka.

So usually my dolls have one outfit and they will stay like that untill I don't like the outfit anymore and make a new one.

12. My dolls have set characters, so they have their default wig, default eyes (both of which never change)... And because clothes are expensive, they all have one outfit each. That outfit is custom made and is perfect for their character.

13. I redress them everytime I have the urge to.. I rarely leave them in one set of clothing for long, seeing as the clothes will get dirty if they stay in them for a long time. But wig and eyes for most of my crew are set, and are not likely to be changed unless I find something better.

14. Normally my dolls stay in their outfits unless I change them for a photo-shoot, or just need a change in "scenery". This happens every couple months. So far, it's been about a month since I've changed their clothes. I don't have many outfits (2-3 each), but if I did, I would probably change them a lot more.

15. Similar to Shoga, *if* I had the outfits, I'd change them more frequently than I do! Unfortunately, my dolls have very few clothes! I'm trying to learn how to sew (slow progress, not much time to do it in), and as such have banned myself from buying many items of clothing! ^^;

It'll be years before my dolls have lots of nice clothes at this rate ^^;

16. i change their clothes once a month, the same time when i clean them and rearrange their closets.

well, usually i just change the clothes in a theme (one time i have them all wearing sailor fuku XD;) but still maintaining their character.

17. I leave Andrea in his steampunk, and Bbjorn too. Ami I change around every time the mood strikes and I change Ren at the same time cause they go together. Gilly I change when I make her something new or am headed to a meet. But Winny... Winny I change every day, just like she was a little girl. She has about 30 costumes I've made her so she doesn't repeat very often. Some days, since they're right in my work studio, I take a break at night and put her into pajamas.

18. A couple of my boys usually get at least partially changed once a week when they go in to school with me. They go in on the days I have Anime Club since they are the club mascots, also my students fight over who gets to hold/cuddle them. I only have one outfit so far for Riou, so he's stuck in that one for a bit but he's happy with it, ditto for my tiny. But the other two, I'll usually at least change their shirt. I don't have as many pants/jeans as tops so those don't always change.

19. My dolls are always set characters (of my own creation, usually) so hair colour is always the same for each doll, and eyes don't change (with the exception of Jerri, who has a fake eye that she changes often.)

But I change their outfits about once a week. each doll has 2-3 outfits that belong to them or occasionally share with another doll, and I change them over fairly often so that my collection looks a little more interesting to me. ;)

20. I would love to change my girl's outfits more often, but I don't have many clothes for her that suits her well enough. If I had more options, I would probably change her into other clothes quite frequently. x3
      As for hair and eyes, I'm currently planning on changing her hair again. Mostly because I despise her blond wig now. xD It looks awful on her. I'm content with her eyes though.